Hey guys,

I was wondering why I'm not getting any notifications to for example my lockscreen from my subscribed BBM channels. I only get notified when I actually open the BBM app to check. Is this normal or is it a malfunction on my device?

I'm running 10.2.0.1443 on my Z10, had the same issue on 10.2.0.1047 though.

Thanks in advance,

Phil
    09-05-13 09:23 AM
    Yes, this is normal functionality. I hope they change it when it's out of Beta.
    Phil Schulte likes this.
    09-05-13 10:00 AM
    Thanks for the quick reply!
    09-05-13 10:03 AM
    I don't see that happening. The purpose of the hub is to notify you of YOUR MESSAGES. Not feeds.

Some people have requested twitter feeds, Facebook posts, and now Channel posts. It would be overcrowded.

Maybe if someone commented on your channel, that'd be understandable.

C0001BBF0 - BlackBerry 10 help channel.
    09-05-13 10:04 AM
    Next BBM Channels refresh will have channel notifications
    Phil Schulte likes this.
    09-05-13 10:06 AM
    Can it be an Option?? I'm actually getting a notification, which I would prefer not to. As I'm thinking its a BBM, so I'm constantly opening BBM assuming is a co worker or family member.
    09-05-13 10:11 AM
    Any idea when that refresh will be out?

Pin:24DA36BE. On my developer edition Z10
    09-05-13 11:26 AM
    Any idea when that refresh will be out?

Supposed to be tmrw, but this refresh has been delayed by a week and a half now

Posted via CB10
    Mr_F likes this.
    09-05-13 11:38 AM
    Cool. Thanks for the quick reply. Hopefully nothing gets delayed

09-05-13 12:04 PM
    Supposed to be tmrw, but this refresh has been delayed by a week and a half now

Posted via CB10
    Is that so they are quite behind the speed they were notching things out before was great now they just holding the good stuff.On the BB side by 15 sep minimum I expected it officially out to get at least 2-3 weeks of network stress test and monitoring.Right up to cross platform BBM release at jam session.But seems BBM releasing alot earlier which is a much much better plan allows time to monitor the download rate.

I was getting ready for it tommorow.Apart from the buggyness and the need to improve BBM and get it to legacy standard. All channels needed was navigation fix notifcations,admin sort,age stuff,You know the power BB user options.The video and audio embeds add was always gonna be last in my mind.Simply because channels is untested stress on the network.

Im much more impressed with BB pushing BBM forward needed to be done .Well done.

Channels is almost there as a social app its about 70% right now. AS great as it can be its about 50%.Channels is almost there.I value navigation UIX(user interface experience) above everything once that is solid.Adding video and the like is a breeze.

Would love to know where they are in builds.Take out video screenshare BBM10 is not as good as it should be.Legacy version is still better.

Anyway next wednesday it looks like.
    09-05-13 01:32 PM
    As far as cross platform BBM goes, I won't be holding my breath. I want it, but until it's available I'm not counting on any rumored dates

BlackBerry Z10
    09-05-13 01:36 PM
    Next BBM Channels refresh will have channel notifications
    That sounds good man, thanks for letting us know!
    09-05-13 04:38 PM
    On BBM channels....

This is my PSA. I plan to spread it around. Ban me if you will.

I'm generally a pretty loyal BlackBerry user and I've been using their phones for a very long time. I'm proud of the avro arrow, Nortel, the canadarm and rim all the same.

I think channels is an awesome idea. If you have it, hopefully you agree. I don't have Facebook, instagram only to heart my gf's pics (happy wife, happy life), and twitter only to check the traffic. But I can see a great tool, even if I don't have a particular use for them.

My suggestion for all the channel beta users (I am one of them and painfully follow my own advice) is to subscribe to as many corporate channels, marketing channels and any other channel you can think of. I couldn't think of a better way to sell it to the brave companies that are spending their own capital to see if a new trend will buck. I almost feel like it's a duty of a good Canadian and a loyal BlackBerry user.

I've seen Google and apple take blackberry to the wall over the passed 6 years with various means (other than making pretty darn good phones). They pay developers to not develop for BlackBerry, filter negative and positive reviews and articles through search engines, and have done an amazing job of ruining rim's social image in general with corporate online bullying. And it's worked to a heavy degree. Which is why I'm so impressed that the company has survived this long while being attacked from every conceivable side.

I never had Beta, but I heard it was good. Let's not wait for the "blueray" of smart phones to come along in 7 years and thousands of dollars later when we can enjoy the Beta of phones right now.

Support BBM channels like a protest in the middle east. Spread the word and subscribe.

(you may ban me now for hijacking this thread)
    09-22-13 06:11 AM