So I heard about a change in BBM lately but didn't read much about it. I have a KEYone and then I bought a Passport. I have everything working the way I want it but I can't connect to BBM. Is there something I have to do on my KEYone first to connect BBM on my Passport?
    09-08-17 06:03 AM
    Gotta keep up with the news. When you log in with your bbm ID on an android or ios device, you can't go back to BB10
    09-08-17 06:06 AM
    Yeah I just read about. Would my current setup on my Passport be affected if I set up a new BlackBerry ID which is the same one I'm using on my KEYone?

Posted via CB10
    09-08-17 06:30 AM
    What happens to your purchased apps if you have to create a new BlackBerry ID? I've already bought a few and if I create a new ID in order to use BBM on the Passport, would I lose those, I figure I might, or can I still stay signed in under the other ID to keep buying apps? It makes no sense that the OS dictates what BBM ID you use, does it?
    09-08-17 07:04 AM
    What happens to your purchased apps if you have to create a new BlackBerry ID? I've already bought a few and if I create a new ID in order to use BBM on the Passport, would I lose those, I figure I might, or can I still stay signed in under the other ID to keep buying apps? It makes no sense that the OS dictates what BBM ID you use, does it?
    This won't affect anything else. Just a new ID for BBM only. You can still be signed in to your App store with the old ID.
    09-08-17 07:39 AM
    This won't affect anything else. Just a new ID for BBM only. You can still be signed in to your App store with the old ID.
    I don't know. From reading on BlackBerry's website, in order to change the BlackBerry ID on a device, a secure wipe has to be done and you will lose all data and all previously bought apps from the old BlackBerry ID. Damn crazy.
    09-08-17 09:09 AM
    I don't know. From reading on BlackBerry's website, in order to change the BlackBerry ID on a device, a secure wipe has to be done and you will lose all data and all previously bought apps from the old BlackBerry ID. Damn crazy.
    You can still use the same bbid on your bb10 device, but you won't be able to use BBM.

If however, you need BBM on your bb10 device, you will have to wipe and start fresh with a new one. Then you will lose all of your purchases.
    09-08-17 09:11 AM
    I have no desire to that so someone at Reddit told me to sign in on my KEYone with the new BlackBerry ID and use the one from the KEYone on the Passport, that way I won't lose data or purchased apps. I signed in using the new one on the KEYone, powered down and still can't connect to BBM on the Passport. I figured I could since that BlackBerry ID isn't associated with the KEYone anymore. Right? Or is there something I'm not doing right here.
    09-08-17 10:58 AM
    I have no desire to that so someone at Reddit told me to sign in on my KEYone with the new BlackBerry ID and use the one from the KEYone on the Passport, that way I won't lose data or purchased apps. I signed in using the new one on the KEYone, powered down and still can't connect to BBM on the Passport. I figured I could since that BlackBerry ID isn't associated with the KEYone anymore. Right? Or is there something I'm not doing right here.
    Once a BBID has been moved off BB10, it can't come back. Period.
    09-08-17 12:33 PM
    Once a BBID has been moved off BB10, it can't come back. Period.
    No I'm trying to use my initial BlackBerry ID from my KEYone on my Passport. I created a new one for my KEYone.

Posted via CB10
    09-08-17 12:41 PM
    No I'm trying to use my initial BlackBerry ID from my KEYone on my Passport. I created a new one for my KEYone.

Posted via CB10
    Same thing. You can't move a BBID to BB10 from anything else.
    09-08-17 12:42 PM
    Same thing. You can't move a BBID to BB10 from anything else.
    How is that even possible? So it sounds to me like a BlackBerry ID is self aware of its initial operating system. But then how was I able to use it on my Passport then? The BlackBerry ID works just not for BBM.

Posted via CB10
    09-08-17 12:54 PM
    How is that even possible? So it sounds to me like a BlackBerry ID is self aware of its initial operating system. But then how was I able to use it on my Passport then? The BlackBerry ID works just not for BBM.

Posted via CB10
    It's just the way it is now. Emtek has diverged BBM too far away from BlackBerry's BB10 version.

Here's what changed with BBM this week and why it was changed https://www.crackberry.com/heres-wha...it-was-changed
    09-08-17 12:56 PM
    It's just the way it is now. Emtek has diverged BBM too far away from BlackBerry's BB10 version.

Here's what changed with BBM this week and why it was changed https://www.crackberry.com/heres-wha...it-was-changed
    Well, what they said still makes zero sense. How can a user ID and password for an app be tied to the operating system that you used those credentials on? Gmail isn't tied to an android or ios device, you can use it anywhere. There is zero explanation, other than "just because".
    09-08-17 05:22 PM
    Well, what they said still makes zero sense. How can a user ID and password for an app be tied to the operating system that you used those credentials on? Gmail isn't tied to an android or ios device, you can use it anywhere. There is zero explanation, other than "just because".
    It's simply a matter that the two servers have diverged enough that BB10 can no longer retrieve sync info properly. The Emtek servers are in continual development, whereas the BB10 server is stagnant. This was bound to happen.
    Last edited by conite; 09-09-17 at 11:48 PM.
    09-08-17 09:12 PM
    Gotta keep up with the news. When you log in with your bbm ID on an android or ios device, you can't go back to BB10
    So this means that, if I want to continue using my Passport, my DTEK50 (which I haven't yet really used, just bought as future insurance) is now junk?

Anyone want to buy an unused DTEK50?
    09-09-17 09:05 PM
    I thought the explanation was fairly simple: for BB10 devices, you have until September 25th to migrate them to Android if you so choose. After that, BB10 IDs can only be transferred among BB10 devices. The caveat being, once you transfer to Android, you cannot go back to BB10 with the same ID. The reasoning provided was that BlackBerry will manage BB IDs for BBOS and BB10, while Emtek will manage BB IDs for Android and iOS.
    09-09-17 11:01 PM
    Yes, I did understand that. I was just dealing with the consequences - using my DTEK50 as a phone that I carry with me to use if I want will imply that I use BBM on that phone from time to time. In that case, I'll lose the ability to use it on my Passport, which is the device I prefer anyway. So the DTEK will stay in my drawer until I'm prepared to give up on the Passport altogether and for ever.

I was quite looking forward to the occasional use of the DTEK from time to time - it's a bit like driving a friend's car from time to time, just as a change, but obviously still with the ability to get back into my own car - but that now looks as if it won't be possible. Let me spell it out - if I'm using the DTEK and someone wants to send me a BBM, or if I want to send one, it's a one-way valve and I couldn't go back to full use of the Passport.

So that's why the DTEK will stay alone and unwanted, till the Passport (and the replacement Passport that I got when they announced they were ceasing selling them) die. And by that time, I'm sure there will be lots of other phones that will be candidates. Sad, really, but that seems to be the way Chen wants it.
    Last edited by fof9l; 09-09-17 at 11:36 PM. Reason: Clarity
    09-09-17 11:35 PM
    I feel your pain... if you own BB10 and Android devices after September 25th, you will need different BB IDs for each of them. It stinks, but it is what it is. I gave up my beloved Classic for a KEYone and seamlessly transferred my BB ID but knowing I can't ever go back leaves me a bit somber. It's like saying goodbye to an old friend.
    09-09-17 11:53 PM
    So this means that, if I want to continue using my Passport, my DTEK50 (which I haven't yet really used, just bought as future insurance) is now junk?

Anyone want to buy an unused DTEK50?
    No. All it means is that you must NOT use your existing BBID on the DTEK - create a new one for the DTEK (and any future BB Android devices) and only use your existing one on BB10.

It won't matter that your new BBID won't have your BB10 apps, because you'll be using it on Android. You'll just need to invite your BBM contacts (assuming you still use BBM) to your new BBID as well.

The fact is that your situation is better than many - if you'd been actively using your existing BBID on the DTEK, you'd have been screwed on BB10.
    09-10-17 12:00 PM
    So with all this BBM mess,when I go to use face10 or insta10 BBM has to be setup or they won't let you sign in! How do we get by this????

Posted via CB10
    09-26-17 09:06 PM
    So how do I unistall Bbm on my passport so I can't use new bb id?

Posted via CB10
    09-26-17 09:23 PM
    So how do I unistall Bbm on my passport so I can't use new bb id?

Posted via CB10
    You can't uninstall BBM for BB10 devices.
    09-26-17 09:40 PM
    Exactly so how do I use Bbm on my passport because it will not even let me sign into it.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-17 09:43 PM
    Exactly so how do I use Bbm on my passport because it will not even let me sign into it.

Posted via CB10
    Are you trying to sign in with a new BBID to use BBM or do you simply want to transfer your existing BBM account to your Passport?
    09-26-17 10:34 PM
30 12