Hi Everyone!
    I often travel to Austria on business trips, bought 3g wifi Alcatel router from T-Mobile Austria with pre-paid sim, my Q10 connects easily to router, email and watsapp is doing great. However there is no blackberry sign on to of the screen, bbm is not connected, blackberry protect is not functioning.
    Have anyone experienced the same problems with pre-paid sims and 3g wifi router?
    Appreciate any advice,
    SpittyBoy likes this.
    09-09-13 01:35 PM
    Hi 2man, I'm working on trying to find you an answer for this. Hold tight.

P.S. Welcome to the crackberry forums! Please remember to fill out your device profile. It helps us to best answer your questions.
    09-10-13 04:00 PM
    This is strange, it should work, no matter what kind of data connectiong it finds.

What happens when you put a SIM which a data plan in it? Can it connect then? Did you try rebooting the whole set?
    09-10-13 04:12 PM
    What I'd like to know is whether you can connect to BBM on a public WiFi hotspot. If you can, then maybe your router is blocking ports.
    diegonei and Superfly_FR like this.
    09-10-13 05:32 PM
    Some more questions :
    - Your personal SIM is in the device, right ?
    - Did you disable "data while roaming" or overal "data services" in the cellular network settings (my test was with data services disabled).
    -> I think "data while roaming" may be a problem, as conflicting with your SIM.
    - Have you tried to put the data enabled sim of your 3G/wifi routeur in place of your personal SIM (may have a size issue here) ?

I've just tested with my personal 3G/Wifi SFR Webtrotter and had no problem (warning: I'm not roaming because I'm home).
    Mine appears to be HUAWEI TECH model, but you might want to check the parameters to ensure there's no blocked ports.
    My 3G/wifi router interface is reachable with the IP http://192.168.100.1 right in my browser (once wifi connected, of course). Check the documentation of yours, and see if there's something "strange" regarding ports used by BBM over wifi :
    There are several settings, including firewalling and NAT that may have to be checked.

AS A TEST you can try to disable the firewall. By doing so, you'll virtually open any port (but please set it back to on just after !).

Let us know, sorry I'll be out and busy all day (European time) ... but I'm sure other contributors will help !
    09-11-13 03:55 AM
    Hey! I was just searching for a resolution of nearly the same problem.
    I live in Austria and have a Huawei 3g/lte wifi-router with a T-Mobile sim card.
    I also get no blackberry symbol if I connect my Z10 to my wifi. Next strange thing is that I have to turn off mobile data on Z10 that I can connect to my wifi otherwise the Z10 only uses mobile data. If connected to wifi I get a notification to sign to wifi-hotspot, I get this notification every 30-45 minutes even when I am still connected to wifi.
    Anybody have an idea how to solve this?
    tried several leaks and problem appeared in everyone ( except one, can't remember version number, but in this wifi showed as connected and BlackBerry symbol was also there but Z10 was only using mobile data which I saw on my monthly bill)

Kind regards

Posted via CB10
    09-11-13 02:21 PM