I checked the end of life notifications on Blackberry'a website (Software Lifecycle Overview). BBM and BBID was not listed.

Does that mean these are to stay for a bit longer?
    01-20-19 03:31 PM
    I checked the end of life notifications on Blackberry'a website (Software Lifecycle Overview). BBM and BBID was not listed.

Does that mean these are to stay for a bit longer?
    We have no direct statement from BlackBerry with regard to either.
    01-20-19 04:01 PM
    Note also that BBM isn't going to go away, though BBM on BB10/BBOS - which has been a separate entity for a couple of years now - might well go away. EMTEK will keep BBM (for Android/iOS) going for the foreseeable future.

Otherwise, conite is correct - there's no official word, other than BB's statement that "other apps and services may go away prior to the EOL date." That's essentially a blanket statement that lets them shut down services as their service contracts expire, without having to wait or make any specific announcements.
    01-20-19 04:15 PM
    I reached out to Customer Support and got an answer:

BBM is still running, but BBID has reached end of life June 1, 2018

However today, I was still able to log into some of our BBID accounts and able to create a new BBID.
    01-22-19 02:52 AM
    As bbid is necessary to have to download purchased apps from BBW, bbid servers can't just be shut down before last December 2019. I guess customer support don't really know themselves.

Posted via CB10
    01-22-19 07:55 AM

However today, I was still able to log into some of our BBID accounts and able to create a new BBID.
    Take it with a grain of salt.

Posted via CB10
    01-22-19 04:56 PM

With respect to customer support, they often refer people to Crackberry for assistance.

Blackberry ID is alive and well and there is no indication that it will shut down on 12/31/2019.

BB has issued no statement that "other apps and services may go away prior to the EOL date." They have indicated that "we will be closing down some ancillary services" and then cite Blackberry World, Blackberry Travel, and the Playbook video calling service.

All we know is BBW is shutting down on 12/31/2019. Anything else is speculation.
    01-24-19 12:12 AM