I checked the end of life notifications on Blackberry'a website (Software Lifecycle Overview). BBM and BBID was not listed.

Does that mean these are to stay for a bit longer?
    01-20-19 02:31 PM
    I checked the end of life notifications on Blackberry'a website (Software Lifecycle Overview). BBM and BBID was not listed.

Does that mean these are to stay for a bit longer?
    We have no direct statement from BlackBerry with regard to either.
    01-20-19 03:01 PM
    Note also that BBM isn't going to go away, though BBM on BB10/BBOS - which has been a separate entity for a couple of years now - might well go away. EMTEK will keep BBM (for Android/iOS) going for the foreseeable future.

Otherwise, conite is correct - there's no official word, other than BB's statement that "other apps and services may go away prior to the EOL date." That's essentially a blanket statement that lets them shut down services as their service contracts expire, without having to wait or make any specific announcements.
    01-20-19 03:15 PM
    I reached out to Customer Support and got an answer:

BBM is still running, but BBID has reached end of life June 1, 2018

However today, I was still able to log into some of our BBID accounts and able to create a new BBID.
    01-22-19 01:52 AM
    As bbid is necessary to have to download purchased apps from BBW, bbid servers can't just be shut down before last December 2019. I guess customer support don't really know themselves.

Posted via CB10
    01-22-19 06:55 AM

However today, I was still able to log into some of our BBID accounts and able to create a new BBID.
    Take it with a grain of salt.

Posted via CB10
    01-22-19 03:56 PM

With respect to customer support, they often refer people to Crackberry for assistance.

Blackberry ID is alive and well and there is no indication that it will shut down on 12/31/2019.

BB has issued no statement that "other apps and services may go away prior to the EOL date." They have indicated that "we will be closing down some ancillary services" and then cite Blackberry World, Blackberry Travel, and the Playbook video calling service.

All we know is BBW is shutting down on 12/31/2019. Anything else is speculation.
    bb9900user2018 likes this.
    01-23-19 11:12 PM
    Note also that BBM isn't going to go away, though BBM on BB10/BBOS - which has been a separate entity for a couple of years now - might well go away. EMTEK will keep BBM (for Android/iOS) going for the foreseeable future.

Otherwise, conite is correct - there's no official word, other than BB's statement that "other apps and services may go away prior to the EOL date." That's essentially a blanket statement that lets them shut down services as their service contracts expire, without having to wait or make any specific announcements.
    Does that mean two BB10 devices will not be able to talk to each other via BBM but an andoid and an iOS device would? That sounds all sorts of messed up, sad, and surreal...
    05-15-19 10:47 PM
    Does that mean two BB10 devices will not be able to talk to each other via BBM but an andoid and an iOS device would? That sounds all sorts of messed up, sad, and surreal...
    Well, what I wrote was true when I wrote it, but now Emtek has announced that they're ending consumer BBM entirely. BBM Enterprise, which is a separate, paid-subscription product that is owned and operated by BB Ltd. directly, is still available, and BB is letting users use it for free for 6 months (but you have to sign up and have a payment method on file for when the free trial expires, and you can't use a BBID that was ever used for Android/iOS BBM), and there are still some issues going from BB10 to Android/iOS apparently. So, it's really hard to say - I'm not sure that anyone really knows what the future will bring. That uncertainty alone has driven lots of people to other services, plus the fact that most people would have to sign up all over again, and have a payment method on file, to use BBM-E is a bridge too far for many former users.
    05-16-19 12:42 AM
    Well, what I wrote was true when I wrote it, but now Emtek has announced that they're ending consumer BBM entirely. BBM Enterprise, which is a separate, paid-subscription product that is owned and operated by BB Ltd. directly, is still available, and BB is letting users use it for free for 6 months (but you have to sign up and have a payment method on file for when the free trial expires,
    It's 12 months free.

and you can't use a BBID that was ever used for Android/iOS BBM), and there are still some issues going from BB10 to Android/iOS apparently.
    That's actually not true, there have been reports of using the same BBID that's associated with Android/IOS to login to BBM-E and using it simultaneously with two unique pins. Note, this does not work with a BBID that is still on BB10.
    The issues going from BB10 to Android/IOS are, as I believe, expected as the BB10 version of BBM-E does not support the so-called prosumer accounts -maybe this will be added someday, maybe.

Posted via CB10
    05-16-19 06:16 AM
    It's 12 months free.

That's actually not true, there have been reports of using the same BBID that's associated with Android/IOS to login to BBM-E and using it simultaneously with two unique pins. Note, this does not work with a BBID that is still on BB10.
    The issues going from BB10 to Android/IOS are, as I believe, expected as the BB10 version of BBM-E does not support the so-called prosumer accounts -maybe this will be added someday, maybe.

Posted via CB10
    What is a BBID that isn't associated with BB10 or BBOS?

A few months ago, I leaned towards BlackBerry doing some minimum support for BB10. With all the changes to the Mobility Division and cut backs they are making.... I now lean towards them shutting it all down. That won't mean that phone are bricks, but it will limit their usability.

But in the end just have to wait and see.
    05-16-19 07:19 AM
    [QUOTE=Dunt Dunt Dunt;13391080]What is a BBID that isn't associated with BB10 or BBOS?

I meant a BBID that was used to sign into BBMc on Android/IOS.

A few months ago, I leaned towards BlackBerry doing some minimum support for BB10. With all the changes to the Mobility Division and cut backs they are making.... I now lean towards them shutting it all down. That won't mean that phone are bricks, but it will limit their usability.

But in the end just have to wait and see.
    I wonder how hard it would be to at least keep BBM running for BB10, isn't it running off the same server as BBMe?

Posted via CB10
    05-16-19 07:28 AM
    [QUOTE=Ben xfg;13391084]
    What is a BBID that isn't associated with BB10 or BBOS?

I meant a BBID that was used to sign into BBMc on Android/IOS.

I wonder how hard it would be to at least keep BBM running for BB10, isn't it running off the same server as BBMe?

Posted via CB10
    Not really sure... each may have their own servers that communicate with one another - is my guess.

BBMe is in development. The BB10 BBM app isn't - when was the last update? I'm sure they were trying to make some allowances to keep the two compatible until the end of the year. But there is only so far they can go without updating the BB10 BBM app.... and what are the chances of that at this point?
    Troy Tiscareno likes this.
    05-16-19 08:34 AM