I have never been so happy with an update haha. Does anyone know something about the change log?
    05-25-17 06:05 PM
    I have never been so happy with an update haha. Does anyone know something about the change log?
    so no cross video AGAIN
    05-25-17 06:32 PM
    so no cross video AGAIN
    That ship has already sailed and subsequently fallen off the edge of the world.
    jope28 likes this.
    05-25-17 06:35 PM
    Goddamn flat earthers! The world is round!

Also, I'm surprised BBM even works on bb10 anymore.

Hell, I'm surprised it works on ios and Android.
    05-25-17 06:57 PM
    Kind of weird as 2 days ago I started a thread about an update that I saw on my Passport. I had a few bubblies and thought I even updated (??). Then checked the version number of BBM and I am sure it was different. Afterward, I went to update my spare Z10 and there was no update. Consequently, I asked a mod to remove the post and apologized for my mistake (??). I still don't know what happened, but I'm starting to think that it WAS there on the BB server and was pulled right away. Oh well.
    05-25-17 07:02 PM
    Here is something you don't see everyday with an "update". The new version 10.15.7.5 is 57.8 MB in size and the previous version of 10.14.7.11 is actually larger at 63.2 MB. Maybe code has just been cleaned up or functions removed and nothing new in there.
    05-25-17 07:30 PM
    Who knew?
    05-25-17 07:48 PM
    Here is something you don't see everyday with an "update". The new version 10.15.7.5 is 57.8 MB in size and the previous version of 10.14.7.11 is actually larger at 63.2 MB. Maybe code has just been cleaned up or functions removed and nothing new in there.
    I'm hoping the sticker picker lag is fixed, it makes inserting an emoticon or Sticker very frustrating.

Will know soon enough...

Edit: wishful thinking.

Posted via CB10
    05-25-17 08:15 PM
    i havent noticed any change yet.
    05-25-17 09:46 PM
    HolyMoly!!!!

Posted via CB10
    05-26-17 09:06 AM
    so no cross video AGAIN
    Those using BBM Protected who update and then switch to BBM Enterprise will have it. At least I have this evidence: I tested with daughter who has iphone and it works. Plus I see green video chat icon with other contacts on Android and iOS, though haven't tested with them yet.

Caveat: I have Protected Plus enabled. These other contacts I mention are not using BBM Enterprise. I'm guessing BBM Protected Plus must be enabled to support video chat with contacts who are on standard BBM.
    vincentkong likes this.
    05-26-17 09:21 PM
    I wonder if this update was done in the dev's spare time, given the fact that he hardly has any time for BB10 these days lol

Posted via CB10 using my amazing  Passport (OG Red)
    05-26-17 11:49 PM
    Those using BBM Protected who update and then switch to BBM Enterprise will have it. At least I have this evidence: I tested with daughter who has iphone and it works. Plus I see green video chat icon with other contacts on Android and iOS, though haven't tested with them yet.

Caveat: I have Protected Plus enabled. These other contacts I mention are not using BBM Enterprise. I'm guessing BBM Protected Plus must be enabled to support video chat with contacts who are on standard BBM.
    Yes. And video chat from Passprt to IPhone works very nicely even if the other person doesn't have BBM Enterprise.
    It is a very important update if you had BBM protected on BB10.

Posted via CB10
    05-27-17 12:03 AM
    You are wrong! BBM video cross platform now works beautifully between BB10 devices and IOs.

Posted via CB10
    05-27-17 12:05 AM
    You are wrong! BBM video cross platform now works beautifully between BB10 devices and IOs.

Posted via CB10
    Sure, if you pay for what others provide for free.
    05-27-17 12:07 AM
    Sure, if you pay for what others provide for free.
    It's actually an excellent strategy. Why provide it for free when the 10 remaining diehards are willing to pay?
    05-27-17 12:37 AM
    Interesting; my Z10 is showing a BBM update to 10.15.6.4, release date May 25, 2017.

Non-carrier, non-enterprise phone.
    05-27-17 02:05 AM
    It's actually an excellent strategy. Why provide it for free when the 10 remaining diehards are willing to pay?
    Nothing is free. Someone is paying for it. And they aren't giving it away for nothing.

If you ain't paying for it, then likely you are the product. That doesn't seem to matter to 99 out of 100 people. Which is fine for them. Just not fine for me.
    05-27-17 05:43 AM
    Nothing is free. Someone is paying for it. And they aren't giving it away for nothing.

If you ain't paying for it, then likely you are the product. That doesn't seem to matter to 99 out of 100 people. Which is fine for them. Just not fine for me.
    I sold my soul and sacrificed my first-born to Google. What's wrong with that?
    05-27-17 06:07 AM

So unless you are on the corporate version it does not work
    05-27-17 06:28 AM

On this point your off base. All other video/chat/services offer it for free. If you want upgrades than you pay. My Company dumped BBM Enterprise years ago why ? Because it just made no sense, we moved away from BB phones and Apple offers secure text/chat/Video cheaper and smoother. One other point regular BBM was supposed to get cross platform video and alike. But like everything BB it turned out more of a ghost story.
    Uzi likes this.
    05-27-17 07:48 AM
    Goddamn flat earthers! The world is round!

Also, I'm surprised BBM even works on bb10 anymore.

Hell, I'm surprised it works on ios and Android.
    Actually more and more proofs shows that the earth is flat!
    05-27-17 08:03 AM
    On this point your off base. All other video/chat/services offer it for free. If you want upgrades than you pay. My Company dumped BBM Enterprise years ago why ? Because it just made no sense, we moved away from BB phones and Apple offers secure text/chat/Video cheaper and smoother. One other point regular BBM was supposed to get cross platform video and alike. But like everything BB it turned out more of a ghost story.
    To be clear, I was responding to a comment about paying for something that others are giving away for free. Follow the context of the conversation. I was speaking generally of so called "free" services and the fact that someone is paying for it, and in such cases the user is the product. That is not off base. It is a true statement. Trial versions with paid upgrade for full version is another matter.

As far as standard BBM and BBM Enterprise, that's another matter. Yes BlackBerry messed up. I do prefer to pay for performance, but my point was about "free" services and not an endorsement of BBM.
    05-27-17 08:26 AM
    To be clear, I was responding to a comment about paying for something that others are giving away for free. Follow the context of the conversation. I was speaking generally of so called "free" services and the fact that someone is paying for it, and in such cases the user is the product. That is not off base. It is a true statement. Trial versions with paid upgrade for full version is another matter.

As far as standard BBM and BBM Enterprise, that's another matter. Yes BlackBerry messed up. I do prefer to pay for performance, but my point was about "free" services and not an endorsement of BBM.
    That I understood. But other services are free, work fine and offer upgrades and add-ons. I never wanted to move away from BB, but they moved away from me. While we use many of their Enterprise products this was a no brained. Sad very sad, in the end BB ate its own young. Oh well, in the end it all worked out.
    05-27-17 08:53 AM
    That I understood. But other services are free, work fine and offer upgrades and add-ons. I never wanted to move away from BB, but they moved away from me. While we use many of their Enterprise products this was a no brained. Sad very sad, in the end BB ate its own young. Oh well, in the end it all worked out.
    Again, which I must, to be clear, I didn't make any remark about whether free systems work or not, or how well they work. Very simply, I am saying free may be free to you, but it isn't free, and you are very likely the product and not the customer.

I would not put trial versions of apps in the same category. I think that obviously I and the others are talking about totally free, no cost to the user, and not a trial or limited time no cost app. And it should be obvious that there are exceptions. Hence I say probably or likely. I never said always.

Finally, again, yes, BlackBerry botched things. Let's get past that. Every thread about something or other with BB10 shouldn't be another opportunity to lash out at BlackBerry or those who stil use BB10.
    05-27-17 09:36 AM
85 123 ...