i have a BB Z!0 and when i was asked to enter the password it wouldn't accept it, so I tried changing it, which was unsuccessful. i eventually found the initial email and when I clicked to delete the acc it said it was already deleted, which i don't remember doing. nowhere did it say disable anti theft first, now unfortunately my anti theft is on so i am not able to do anything. yesterday i read a thread from this russian person which i followed and downloaded the os system which when i wanted to install says unable to open autoload-stl-100-1 devalphaB-10.3.1.997 exe. what have i done wrong. someone else mentioned one will have to write to blackberry with proof of purchase. please advise, kind regards
    09-04-17 03:59 AM
    Have you logged onto the web interface for BlackBerry BBID Support. Never known of an account actually being deleted from their servers. With your email address you should be able to recover access to your account and then remotely change the password.
    09-05-17 09:25 AM
    If you deleted your BBID (which is easy to do online), without disabling BlackBerry Protect, your phone is toast. Period. There is no way to recover unless you send it in to BlackBerry along with a proof of purchase.
    09-05-17 11:29 AM
    If you deleted your BBID (which is easy to do online), without disabling BlackBerry Protect, your phone is toast. Period. There is no way to recover unless you send it in to BlackBerry along with a proof of purchase.
    It amazes me that BlackBerry allows it to be that easy.
    09-05-17 11:50 AM
    It amazes me that BlackBerry allows it to be that easy.
    Still have to get by the "are you sure?", but if you don't know how severe the consequences are....
    09-05-17 12:04 PM
    Still have to get by the "are you sure?", but if you don't know how severe the consequences are....
    Seems like there should be an extra warning if you have a device tied to the ID. It knows if a device is tied to it, whether the device is on or not. Unless the "are you sure" is it.

I've never removed a device through Protect before. The last device I removed from my ID was a Torch 9800 before the whole Protect thing was implemented.
    09-05-17 12:24 PM
    Seems like there should be an extra warning if you have a device tied to the ID. It knows if a device is tied to it, whether the device is on or not. Unless the "are you sure" is it.

I've never removed a device through Protect before. The last device I removed from my ID was a Torch 9800 before the whole Protect thing was implemented.
    Arthur Dent: What happens if I press this button?
    Ford Prefect: I wouldn't-
    Arthur Dent: Oh.
    Ford Prefect: What happened?
    Arthur Dent: A sign lit up, saying 'Please do not press this button again.
    Douglas Adams

How much nannying do we need. Everyone demands end to end encryption like they are seriously that important, but enough people have lost their encrypted messages that they want backups. But backups weaken end to end encryption.

People encrypt their SDCARDs on BlackBerry which clearly states what happens if you wipe the phone, then wipe the phone anyway.

LeapSTR100-2/10.3.3.2205
    09-05-17 04:42 PM
    I m also suffering from same problem,
    And I visited number of service center but couldn't got any satisfy answers....instead I have original documents.
    Sir/mam please help please I request you deeply
    10-28-17 02:01 AM
    I m also suffering from same problem,
    And I visited number of service center but couldn't got any satisfy answers....instead I have original documents.
    Sir/mam please help please I request you deeply
    10-28-17 02:02 AM
    lol, Chimera Tool can remove BlackBerry Protect from most BB10 models. It's not the ironclad solution that it's made out to be.
    10-30-17 07:46 AM
    lol, Chimera Tool can remove BlackBerry Protect from most BB10 models. It's not the ironclad solution that it's made out to be.
    It has to perform a wipe though, which is the much bigger security concern. Data is safe.
    10-30-17 07:59 AM
    It has to perform a wipe though, which is the much bigger security concern. Data is safe.
    Ah yes that's true. Personal data is safe. It just means the phone doesn't become totally useless.
    10-30-17 08:21 AM
    It makes no meaning! Hundreds of bb10 phones are stocked up in my shop warehouse hoping to find anti theft solution.. How possibly do BlackBerry expect the dead to unlock a phone before it could be used by someone else or get past its anti theft even when its a family phone?
    11-04-17 07:16 PM
    I think this anti theft thing works with recent os releases and if device wiped with a recent os with anti theft on it device still needs to be unlocked with the acct details used in setting up anti theft...wonder which recent version would be different
    11-04-17 07:20 PM
    Don't know if it's a region issue, but even with Protect turned on, after any security wipe on any of my BB10 phones, it never asks for the original BBID.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-17 08:47 PM
    I think this anti theft thing works with recent os releases and if device wiped with a recent os with anti theft on it device still needs to be unlocked with the acct details used in setting up anti theft...wonder which recent version would be different
    11-05-17 03:20 PM