BB10 Browser:
    Having experienced ongoing difficulties with the CNN site (videos not playing), then transient problems with the Guardian newspaper website (solved, after much dialogue with the Webmaster, but probably just a coincidence - s/he claimed never to have heard of BlackBerry phones), I'm now having problems with bbc.co.uk/news.
    Press on any of the articles and half the screen is filled with black background. Scroll down and end up with half the story obliterated.
    Hope it's temporary! Can anybody confirm this experience?

Via my  BlackBerry Z10 ultraphone
    11-30-20 02:45 AM
    The BBC changed the design of their mobile website last week. Up until then it rendered fine on the BB10 browser, but sadly no longer. The black bit you referred to should be at the bottom of the page, not obscuring the top. Sky News still renders OK, as does CNN. Unfortunately even the older android browsers I've tried no longer render the BBC News website correctly, so I don't think there's now any fix or usable work around yet been discovered.

Posted via CB10
    11-30-20 06:50 AM
    Thanks for such a well-informed answer, though A. Very. Depressing. One. Indeed. Another nail .. ..

11-30-20 07:03 AM
    BB10 Browser:
    Having experienced ongoing difficulties with the CNN site (videos not playing), then transient problems with the Guardian newspaper website (solved, after much dialogue with the Webmaster, but probably just a coincidence - s/he claimed never to have heard of BlackBerry phones), I'm now having problems with bbc.co.uk/news.
    Press on any of the articles and half the screen is filled with black background. Scroll down and end up with half the story obliterated.

Well a twenty something 10-15 years ago was only....... The End Is Near or so the virtual placard signs claim held by the virtual hippie bots standing on the virtual street corners.

I was using my recently acquired Passport SE last night and it’s still good for CB10 but I have to dual place BlackBerry Android/iOS tablet device on coffee table now for all the other hobby stuff.
    11-30-20 07:47 AM
    BB10 Browser:

No not temporary, I'll take a look later to see what stack they are using and if a polyfill could be automated into their deployment. Their webmasters might be ok with such a suggestion.

What other sites do you know of(other than banks) that are not displaying correctly?

If their data is public perhaps an aggregator site could collect and render these like an rss feed. I wouldn't mind trying.

Posted via CB10
    11-30-20 09:21 PM
    Try the site in Kiwi browser?

Posted via CB10
    12-01-20 06:04 AM
    It seems the BBC have either reversed the changes to the BBC News mobile website, or made further changes that have restored compatibility with the BB10 browser as it now seems to work again....

Posted via CB10
    Chuck Finley69 likes this.
    12-01-20 04:42 PM
    It seems the BBC have either reversed the changes to the BBC News mobile website, or made further changes that have restored compatibility with the BB10 browser as it now seems to work again....

Posted via CB10
    It could have been coding or settings that affected mobile browsers in general.
    12-01-20 04:49 PM
    So glad it's working again. I check it a couple of times a day and was beginning to miss it. Was thinking might be time to change phones. Hope it works for a while.
    12-01-20 07:54 PM
    Or get Opera or Firefox from their FTP sites
    12-02-20 04:25 AM