Every video comes up with "click here to install flash". I use the desktop version of the site, because it is far far superior to crappy mobile version. I thought I'd read that BBC used html5 now, but that doesn't seem to be the case.
    So to everyone saying it doesn't matter that BlackBerry have dropped flash from their devices, well actually, it does matter. Unless I'm missing a setting somewhere?

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 07:36 AM
    Just tested it and it seems to work with me for the one video I tried, and iplayer seems to work as well. I'm not aware of any settings that can be changed in this regard. Maybe clear cookies and history, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Edit: oops, just noticed you are using the desktop version. Yeah, that'll probably be difficult.
    02-21-15 08:28 AM
    So, as with me, it's the mobile version then!

"Z30 STA100-2 UK" 10.3.1.1565 Get's a Ten from Fen.
    02-21-15 08:35 AM
    Super. My browser that I was completely happy with 2 days ago is now worse than it was. Mobile versions of Websites are terrible. I don't have a tiny 2" screen, my z30 is more than capable of viewing a whole website as it can be viewed on a desktop. The BBC news/sport etc site worked impeccably 2 days ago, and now I can't view embedded videos, because the BBC USES FLASH.

So annoyed. I'm not talking about an unknown company who just hasn't updated their website for years to remove flash, I'm talking about the BBC!

"Oh we don't need Flash anymore, it's dead." No. It. Is. Not.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 04:24 PM
    Yeah anything with flash content will now stop working because it no longer supports flash content.

Try mobile and maybe you can see an html5 version. Otherwise, well, your only option is to downgrade something

Posted to CB via my Passport | FileArchiveHaven
    02-21-15 04:31 PM
    I tried the mobile version of the site but like 99% of mobile sites, it's god awful. Just one more reason I dislike apple, I blame them for the existence of the 'mobile site' because their phones couldn't display flash when so so many sites used it, so Web designers had to come up with dumbed down stupid versions of their pages so apple users could view them. I'm probably wrong lol. I just think if my z30 can (or could) open a desktop version of every site I've ever come across and view it perfectly well, there shouldn't be any need for crap mobile versions.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 05:11 PM
    ..one more reason I dislike apple, I blame them for the existence of the 'mobile site' because their phones couldn't display flash when so so many sites used it, ...
    Yup... Now we can blame BlackBerry for their part in that too. They brought flash far too late to the game to make a dent, and now they want to quit paying for it after a year and a bit.

Ironically, flash on my Android phone works fine, and my surface pro - which really is a desktop solution - runs it beautifully. I even have a Linux handheld gaming console gp2xwiz running flash well. In fact my bb10 device is one of the few that can't cut flash running natively anymore. I hope it's not a sign of what's to come.

02-21-15 11:32 PM
    Yup... Now we can blame BlackBerry for their part in that too. They brought flash far too late to the game to make a dent, and now they want to quit paying for it after a year and a bit.

I can be convinced you have a problem if you can provide a link to said video so I can try that on my Z10 with the official 10.3 release. As I had already replied to you OP on this in another thread that mine is working fine.
    Last edited by Bishkin; 02-22-15 at 12:29 AM.
    02-21-15 11:50 PM
    I can be convinced you have a problem if you can provide a link to said video so I can try that on my Z10 with the official 10.3 release. As I had already replied to you OP on this in another thread that mine is working fine.
    You mean 10.3.1 release right? . You really need me to Google Flash websites to prove flash doesn't work in 10.3.1... well I'm OK with that. http://www.addictinggames.com/. But as I've mentioned 10.3 supports flash just fine.

02-22-15 01:38 AM
    Install the dolphin android browser and the Adobe flash apk and go to town on flash sites. Works great for me. I think flash was removed because it hasn't been updated in forever and is discontinued by adobe. It is now a security issue it seems.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-15 01:41 AM
    Install the dolphin android browser and the Adobe flash apk and go to town on flash sites. Works great for me. I think flash was removed because it hasn't been updated in forever and is discontinued by adobe. It is now a security issue it seems.

Posted via CB10
    True I hear FirefoxFlash works well too. I actually recommend to go one step farther, seeing as how everything is starting to go to Android apps through Amazon and Google Play via snap, Music and Video through Amazon / Android and now Android for browsing...

I know I'll be blasted for this... but honest, why should we not just grab OneMediaHub and be done with BlackBerry? If everything we run is Android anyways, the BBRY framework no longer protects us. And removing the unused BBRY layer would significantly speed it all up

02-22-15 01:45 AM
    To be honest, I'm just a huge fan of the flow of the blackberry os in general. The way you can flow around with quick smooth gestures just seems amazing. Even though I use android apps for work around on certain aspects of my day to day activities, it's just not having to hit a home button, double tap a little circle, or anything like that. Just a smooth swipe and I'm home!

Anyway, hope if anyone finds a better browser for flash then the dolphin or ones stated above, please let me know.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-15 02:09 AM
    I'm on the fence. The flow is OK. But it annoys me sometimes how limiting it is - both as a user and as a developer. I'd love to be able to do serial debugging over USB for example, or modify a hosts file to do adblocking. Or use flash if it suits my fancy.

I don't know, you got me thinking ...

BBC news site no longer plays video-bi-55gxcaaeikyg.jpg_medium.jpg

02-22-15 02:20 AM
    You mean 10.3.1 release right? .
    Why yes of course, to be specific it is the 10.3.1.1565, the only official release thus far and the first 10.3 on my Z10 ....

You really need me to Google Flash websites to prove flash doesn't work in 10.3.1... well I'm OK with that. Games - Free Online Games at Addicting Games!. But as I've mentioned 10.3 supports flash just fine.

Googling that won't stop the videos from BBC news site working on my Z10.
    02-22-15 02:22 AM
    Googling that won't stop the videos from BBC news site working on my Z10.
    I'm going to assume you didn't mean to quote and reply to me, as I believe you mistook me for the OP.

I have no issues playing BBC flash deos on an actual 10.3 release - 10.3.0.1418 which supports flash just fine.

02-22-15 02:27 AM