Would it be possible in any way to get the native bb7 music player on bb10 os?

The music player on bb7 was probably the best out of every os (it did everything needed and was efficient at doing so). When they made the bb10 music player, they changed everything about it, nothing is fluid and many functions are not user friendly.

As stated above, is there any possibility of getting the bb7 music player on the bb10 os?

Thanks in advance.
    08-06-16 09:38 AM
    Short answer - no. Did you try Star Player? Don't know if it's any similar, but the developer is really helpful and responsive so I'd say - give it a try http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/59976942

Via Pasta CB10
    paulwallace1234 likes this.
    08-06-16 09:43 AM
    Thanks for the quick response, I will definitely check starplayer out and see if it will do the trick.
    08-06-16 11:21 AM
    Thanks for the quick response, I will definitely check starplayer out and see if it will do the trick.
    Hi,
    Anything in particular you're looking for in your music player?

Drop me a PM if you haven't already purchased it, I'll get you a promotion code

Cheers,
    Star Player dev

Posted via CB10
    08-06-16 11:32 AM
    What exactly do you prefer about it? I'm just curious... I personally don't have any issues with the BB10 one for my needs but am actually developing a completely new music player so feedback such as this (features that people deem as 'crucial' for their needs) is good to know!!!
    08-06-16 11:33 AM
    Thank you for the responses,

When it comes to the bb7 music player, everything is preferred. The layout, organization, the ability to select the artist/album while song is playing, choose the album to play, not have it randomly shuffle all songs on the phone after you choose a song from a specific album. You can easily chose your next song by side scrolling through you music list without having to actually clicking anything and entering a new menu(bb10). Also the fact that songs are numbered is a great feature that is overlooked. The list goes on, the bb7 music player is far superior in just about every way. Most people I have spoken to, who use it as much as me, fully agree with this.
    08-07-16 03:17 PM
    Second that. I believe it could also play folders if I'm not mistaken.

Thank you for the responses,

When it comes to the bb7 music player, everything is preferred. The layout, organization, the ability to select the artist/album while song is playing, choose the album to play, not have it randomly shuffle all songs on the phone after you choose a song from a specific album. You can easily chose your next song by side scrolling through you music list without having to actually clicking anything and entering a new menu(bb10). Also the fact that songs are numbered is a great feature that is overlooked. The list goes on, the bb7 music player is far superior in just about every way. Most people I have spoken to, who use it as much as me, fully agree with this.
    08-07-16 07:37 PM
    Since my BB10 native player is no longer playing songs in my playists , I may have to see what Star Player does and costs.

Posted via CB10
    08-07-16 08:20 PM