Is it true that you will not be able to use apps like BeBuzz which would allow you to customize your notification LED?. I certainly hope thats not the case as being able to visually see whats coming in and hearing it with customizable sounds is what I absolutely love about my BlackBerry. That would be a deal breaker for me.
    austriker likes this.
    01-30-13 01:55 PM
    So far, yes. You'll have to check BlackBerry world to see if someone has created an app for LED color control. The sound profiles are limited too, but supposedly there will be improvements.
    austriker likes this.
    01-30-13 02:16 PM
    So far, yes. You'll have to check BlackBerry world to see if someone has created an app for LED color control. The sound profiles are limited too, but supposedly there will be improvements.
    Good to know- thats also a deal breaker for me. So I hope they have it. Good to know the functionality is there, the apps will come (once the os is out for at least 24 hours lol)
    01-30-13 02:26 PM
    Has it been confirmed it cannot be done on the phone itself?
    01-30-13 02:27 PM
    Thanks for the quick reply but where did you hear that?
    01-30-13 02:31 PM
    Thanks for the quick reply but where did you hear that?
    Kevin's review of the Z10:

"Sound profiles have been changed up in BlackBerry 10 from what you're used to. You cannot create custom sound profiles anymore, and the volume settings for a profile apply to all of the apps in that profile. In the old BB OS you had Normal, Loud, Medium, Phone Calls Only etc. Now in BB10 they've been cut down to Normal, Phone Calls Only, Vibrate and Silent. It's easier to set up for the average user, but it sort of sucks for power users. For example, on BB OS with my normal profile, I'd always have the phone calls volume maxed out, text messages at a middle volume and BBM messages extremely quiet. This worked great for me - I never want to miss a phone call, and I get so many BBMs that I don't want them to be loud and distracting, yet I still want them audible. With BB10, if I have sounds turned on for an application, they're all coming through at the same volume. All loud, or all quiet. No separate volumes, and I'll admit that kind of sucks. Likewise, BlackBerry made an all or nothing change to Bedside mode. Instead of being able to choose which profile you want to be active during Bedside mode, currently the only option is to either have notifications enabled or fully disabled. Turning off notifications in Bedside mode currently includes disabling the phone from ringing, which negates the whole premise of bedside mode - you want to be disable everything except phone calls. We've talked to BlackBerry about this and more settings will be coming back to Bedside mode in a future maintenance release. "

He also mentions elsewhere in the review that there is the red flashing LED...but says nothing about the ability to customise it ala OS7.x....
    01-30-13 02:56 PM