06-09-17 01:39 AM
97 1234
tools
    Don't need advise from an Android sheep regarding BB.
    If you are referring to me, I'll explain that my daily driver is a Passport. Although I have an old HTC One m7, I don't use it. I just object to your statements in post 21. You and I both know that BB has moved on (even totally away now from hardware) so I just don't see any reason to expect
    But it really shouldn't be this difficult to stay with BB10.
    this. Anyway, it's all good, I was only trying to help you with a solution. Sorry if I offended.
    04-27-17 05:22 PM
    I'm just a realist that can't understand why you're looking for BlackBerry to solve a problem they didn't create. Your problem lies at the feet of WhatsApp. Your solution lies with IOS or Android. Don't really care if you buy a Blackberry or any type of Android phone. WhatsApp is the one moving forward without you. How am I a sheep for using Android? I mean, do you really think your BB10 OS is any more secure than BB Android, if you're side loading ANDROID onto the device??
    elfabio80 likes this.
    04-27-17 05:51 PM
    Is downloading videos on WA really that important? If the Android app works that well, why not just use it and not get videos over WA? Unless you're in the news business and your company relies on videos over WA, is it a big enough deal to change platforms?

Oh, I guess if you're a girl between the ages of 12 and 21 and your friends exchange videos over WA it might be enough of a reason.

Posted via CB10
    04-27-17 06:03 PM
    All we know for sure is that the BB10 version of WhatsApp will stop working in June. We don't know how long the android app will work.

The choices are
    1) Migrate your conversations from WhatsApp and continue to talk to your contacts via another method like BBM, texts, and emails.

2) Buy a new Android or iOS device that will likely support the app. KeyOne looks like a good place to start ;-)

3) Petition WhatsApp to keep the app on BB10 and continue to support or at the very least leave the app as is.

I personally don't use WhatsApp, but I know a lot of users do. These are literally the only choices that there is.

 Classically Posted SQC100-4/10.3.2.2876 
    04-27-17 06:10 PM
    For crying out loud, this is NOT BB screwing people over!!!

It's the corporation that owns / develops WhatsApp - FACEBOOK. If you want to slag someone, slag them and not BB.
    It could be argued that WhatsApp have provided meaningful support to BlackBerry 10 consumers longer than BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    Troy Tiscareno and eckl like this.
    04-27-17 06:18 PM
    Different thinking. Why would any one petition WhatsApp, Why would WhatsApp support BB10 when even BlackBerry don't support BB10? And as for Markmall, if you think girls of 12 to 21 are the only ones needing to send vid then you sir need to get out a little. I work in construction and photos and video clips of building site is quite normal. It's probably best you keep to yourself what you may or may not do with 12 year old girls........
    04-27-17 06:53 PM
    And as for Markmall, if you think girls of 12 to 21 are the only ones needing to send vid then you sir need to get out a little. I work in construction and photos and video clips of building site is quite normal.
    Unpossible! Everyone knows that any app that doesn't run on BB10 is completely unnecessary and frivolous, and is almost certainly a fart app. All real work is done via emails and BBM, and photos and videos are only for kids! Because... reasons!

04-27-17 07:49 PM
    Different thinking. Why would any one petition WhatsApp, Why would WhatsApp support BB10 when even BlackBerry don't support BB10? And as for Markmall, if you think girls of 12 to 21 are the only ones needing to send vid then you sir need to get out a little. I work in construction and photos and video clips of building site is quite normal. It's probably best you keep to yourself what you may or may not do with 12 year old girls........
    Why would anyone petition WhatsApp? If you're that loyal to BB10 and want WA, what's the harm?

Why would WA support BB10? They aren't.

The choices I listed above remain the same. Either fight for it, don't use it, or buy a phone that better suits your needs.

04-27-17 10:36 PM
    Messaging are fairly simple service, say telephone, it would be good idea for users of different devices get a version of whatsapp that is stripped down and messaging only. (even those symbian s60)

While they can extend all they want on the android iOS platforms.

But atleast the core messaging service can be provided to a wide audience.

Posted via CB10
    04-28-17 04:47 AM
    Messaging are fairly simple service, say telephone, it would be good idea for users of different devices get a version of whatsapp that is stripped down and messaging only. (even those symbian s60)

While they can extend all they want on the android iOS platforms.

But atleast the core messaging service can be provided to a wide audience.

Posted via CB10
    This would be great idea, I don't need new emoji's and features for whatsapp.

Posted via CB10
    04-28-17 05:18 AM
    WA is about to stop working on BB. So any petition will fail. So that I accept. All I was asking is if anyone know of a fix for WA. Didn't ask for all this dribble and opinions of what I should and shouldn't do, I know BB10 is dying I know eventually I'll have to move to another platform. WA unfortunately is used by so many people, even silly things like group chat have become useful, I have 40 in a family Group. Another group of co workers. I prefer BBM to WA but not many others do. Hence my question. Does anybody know of a fix. So far I've had 2 good suggestions amongst busy fools!
    04-28-17 05:33 AM
    You will not get a definitive answer until after June. Nobody on this forum knows for sure if the android version or workarounds will work on a BB10 phone. Nobody on this forum will know until after June. You can ask all you want, people can speculate all they want, but there simply is no answer right now.

I'm here to get girls. Straight up, that's exactly why I'm here.
    04-28-17 06:50 AM
    You will not get a definitive answer until after June. Nobody on this forum knows for sure if the android version or workarounds will work on a BB10 phone. Nobody on this forum will know until after June. You can ask all you want, people can speculate all they want, but there simply is no answer right now.
    +1
    Just sit tight and wait what will happen, there may be extend to support like last year or you can use the apk after june. But no one doesn't know what will truly happen except whatsapp.

Posted via CB10
    04-28-17 08:55 AM
    Try to contact the people behind Disa. They know if the app will work after June.

Posted via CB10
    04-30-17 04:06 AM
    Try to contact the people behind Disa. They know if the app will work after June.
    They probably don't know, actually.
    04-30-17 08:05 AM
    The Android App should work as it is working now.
    However if WA makes changes which makes certain Android version incompatible then only WA Android may stop working on BB10.
    Regarding whom to blame Just blame it on BlackBerry as they stop development of OS stopped releasing updated SDK and refused to share API to major developers.
    It's a clear sign to everybody to move on.
    I think hating Android and using it are two distinct things.
    Even i don't like Android but ultimately moved to Android first Mi then Sony XZ.
    Get a best quality near to stock android phone and if you love to use Two phones keep using BB10 too.
    elfabio80 likes this.
    04-30-17 10:34 AM
    I can't wait to see what Google does with the whole RCS mess they made. I figured facebook had the right idea when they put sms in messenger but it didn't take off as much as I thought. (could have been the chat bubbles!)

Posted via CB10
    04-30-17 12:47 PM
    The Android App should work as it is working now.
    However if WA makes changes which makes certain Android version incompatible then only WA Android may stop working on BB10.
    WA is definitely planning some big server-side changes relating to log-on security and encryption (among others), which will break existing clients. Of course, all existing clients have built-in expiration dates anyway, so at some point, the old ones will stop working.

We don't know for sure if/when this will break the Android WA on the BB10 Android Runtime, but you can count on it happening sooner or later.
    04-30-17 06:43 PM
    If I lose whatsapp people can text me

Posted via CB10
    05-01-17 10:17 AM

Posted via CB10
    It should probably work since its based on a web wrapper and but DISA doesn't make the WA plugin, some unnamed person does. I did cursory search on their G+ but was unable to find out who that is .
    05-01-17 12:16 PM
    If I lose whatsapp people can text me

Posted via CB10
    I wish that could help me,but with a lot of friends overseas, SMS will cost me an arm and a leg :/

Posted via CB10
    05-01-17 04:24 PM
    Can anyone confirm this is for realz?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BTlTMkeFfaD/

Posted via CB10
    05-02-17 07:39 AM

Posted via CB10
    I just commented on it and asked. Hope he gets back to me.

If this is another app that's really just an android wrapper, how long is it going to work before it gets shut down?

05-02-17 09:12 AM
    I just commented on it and asked. Hope he gets back to me.

If this is another app that's really just an android wrapper, how long is it going to work before it gets shut down?

I emailed them and asked couple of questions about it. Will report back if they respond.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-17 02:05 PM

Posted via CB10
    He's been working on that project for awhile in fits and starts. Thought he abandoned the project since he said it wasn't it wasn't released due to slow speeds but this was many months ago, looks like he had a second go at it. Since its a web wrapper its basically DISA in a native app.
    05-02-17 02:13 PM
97 1234