Why do they have to terminate their services? I'm sure it costs them money to uphold but at the moment the app really doesn't warrant any future updates at all, no work whatsoever. Whatsapp on bb10 is a great deal better than what I had on my android. Losing whatsapp is really a killer for me, losing facebook means nothing because the Web version will suffice. Hopefully whatsapp via the playstore fills the gap but I highly doubt it...

Posted via CB10
    05-13-16 10:08 PM
    You know, it still remains to be seen if the service will actually be cut off or if they'll just stop updating it. A lot of 'sky is falling' when there's still plenty of 2016 left. Who knows... between now and then WhatsApp could become entirely irrelevant.
    05-13-16 10:25 PM
    You have to remember they see Blackberry as a direct competitor and I'm sure not pleased that BBM still has a growing user base. Can you imagine the conversation when BB called then up an essentially said WTF? They probably responded with "kill BBM and we'll talk, till then take a hike !" All of the social networks are having financial issues as they have not made money for years and they're investors are getting restless.

It probably says more about the success or endurance of BBM than anything else.
    05-13-16 10:29 PM
    You have to remember they see Blackberry as a direct competitor and I'm sure not pleased that BBM still has a growing user base. Can you imagine the conversation when BB called then up an essentially said WTF? They probably responded with "kill BBM and we'll talk, till then take a hike !" All of the social networks are having financial issues as they have not made money for years and they're investors are getting restless.

It probably says more about the success or endurance of BBM than anything else.
    Can you please provide proof that bbm has a growing user base.
    05-14-16 06:14 AM
    Can you please provide proof that bbm has a growing user base.
    Growth in recent years from BBM's availability now to all 3 major platforms plus a steady stream of functionality updates. Further, user base growth in certain markets like Indonesia and South Africa despite the competition.

I'm sure Whatsapp would like nothing better than to see BBM to go away so why support the competition and build an app to run on BB10 ?
    05-14-16 10:49 AM