What's the actual advantage of time-frame 'forever' if you can search for your mail on remote search by account in the hub?

Posted via CB10
    If you travel having locally stored messages can save on roaming data charges. Alternatively, a lack of reception can prevent you from doing a remote search.

Posted via CB10 on Passport.
    02-12-15 02:35 PM
    this is so weird..... and maybe you can shed some light.

Do you actually duplicate all your work on both devices, at the same time, under the same conditions, have the exact same usage and apps to get your conclusion?

How can you even compare ?
    02-12-15 02:42 PM
    If you travel having locally stored messages can save on roaming data charges. Alternatively, a lack of reception can prevent you from doing a remote search.

Correct

So in the end waiting full first 30x days for accommodation with the Classic.

In the end what's important is to get your stuff done and charge when sleeping. But because I cannot make it with one charge till sleep I have to have my bowerbank with me and charge every weekday afternoon. This is I guess the final reason.

Apple iPhone 6 had this feature, I was at 23:00 (25% batt) still reading text after full work day usage. Doesn't matter if iPhone has bigger or smaller battery than Classic or Passport. Still use BlackBerry with powerbank rather than iPhone

'I sense a soul in search of answers'
    02-12-15 02:49 PM

You can also save on roaming charges by capping the data on roam. It's a new feature for 10.3.1 I believe.

Posted via CB10
    02-12-15 03:21 PM
    Not necessarily, I may feel it 1-2 times every couple of days that it's surprisingly warm while charging or discharging...

What's the actual advantage of time-frame 'forever' if you can search for your mail on remote search by account in the hub?

Posted via CB10
    The advantage is you have everything stored locally but you'll be using unnecessary MB of data and it can take a long time to sync up if you aren't on a WiFi connection while plugged in.

Posted via CB10
    02-12-15 03:24 PM
    2 reasons.

Apple can get very latest chips = probably 20nm process = more efficient.

BlackBerry if you run android app or even apps from BlackBerry world not built for BlackBerry then your running extra software layer = less efficient.

Posted via CB10
    The chips in iPhones and iPads aren't just the latest hardware. The SoC's(Systems on a Chip) in the iPhones and iPads(since the A4 in the iPhone 4, I believe) have been custom-designed by Apple to make iOS run as smoothly, efficiently, and as battery-friendly as possible.
    02-12-15 04:00 PM
    I wish they had a 90 day option for Exchange accounts. 30 days is too little, forever is too much.

Agree!!
    02-12-15 04:16 PM
    Ive found that setting a sync timeframe of forever really kills my battery(PIM would jump between 4 and 13% constantly). Happened on my Z10 as well as on my Passport, and I mean within hours I had a dead battery. It also didn't matter if it was weeks into a new OS load or days, it would still kill the battery in a few hours.

Now I'm not sure if I have something in one of my gmail accounts, or my hotmail account that is killing my battery when its trying to sync this item, or its the actual time frame of "Forever"? Change the setting down one notch, and my battery lasts like it should(PIM only using less then 1%).
    Dave Bourque likes this.
    02-12-15 04:27 PM
    Ive found that setting a sync timeframe of forever really kills my battery(PIM would jump between 4 and 13% constantly). Happened on my Z10 as well as on my Passport, and I mean within hours I had a dead battery. It also didn't matter if it was weeks into a new OS load or days, it would still kill the battery in a few hours.

Now I'm not sure if I have something in one of my gmail accounts, or my hotmail account that is killing my battery when its trying to sync this item, or its the actual time frame of "Forever"? Change the setting down one notch, and my battery lasts like it should(PIM only using less then 1%).
    I know all about this issue. I still use my Z10 so I know how to handle this after 2 years lol. Time frame forever is a true killer. I don't know why BlackBerry doesn't warn users underneath about it... or at least not have it be the default option

Posted via CB10
    02-12-15 04:46 PM
    I can't help wondering why if your system is in English the days of the week aren't... Anyway, your battery performance seems abnormal for what you say you do in a day.

You can get the autoloader for the latest leak, start fresh, no backups, let the first day run with atrocious battery life and wait for the second and thrid day to evaluate.

There are many settings that affect battery life, as in any OS, most of them related to data use. This is the importance of choosing what works for you with every account you add. I find it best to only have one account with ActiveSync for contacts and calendar. The rest of my email accounts only carry email, and I have 4 total.
    sushanyong likes this.
    02-12-15 10:16 PM
    I can't help wondering why if your system is in English the days of the week aren't... Anyway, your battery performance seems abnormal for what you say you do in a day.

You can get the autoloader for the latest leak, start fresh, no backups, let the first day run with atrocious battery life and wait for the second and thrid day to evaluate.

There are many settings that affect battery life, as in any OS, most of them related to data use. This is the importance of choosing what works for you with every account you add. I find it best to only have one account with ActiveSync for contacts and calendar. The rest of my email accounts only carry email, and I have 4 total.
    You can choose Romania (Romanian) or Romania (English), I guess that's maybe the case with Calendar language.

Last night I left the device by itself with no battery saving or airplane mode. I came to charge the phone around 2PM yesterday.

BB10 vs. iOS Battery Saving Technology-img_20150213_073340.png

02-12-15 11:34 PM
    PIM 6,1%

02-12-15 11:40 PM
    this is so weird..... and maybe you can shed some light.

Do you actually duplicate all your work on both devices, at the same time, under the same conditions, have the exact same usage and apps to get your conclusion?

How can you even compare ?
    I used iPhone 6 in December, the Passport in January, now the Classic. I hope I'll keep it to the current device. It's so nice :-)

02-12-15 11:45 PM

Correct.

I will sync my needed database with blackberry link on SD (about 2gigs of documents) and will not anymore rely on email archives. I changed 3x accounts to 30x days time-frame and will see what happens. Left outlook dot com account as primary contacts/calendar tool.

Will check on forum what exactly "auto load a leak" means and will try. :-)

Thanks very much!!! Have a nice day or a good night in other time zones

02-13-15 12:09 AM
    I have no idea about the differences in battery saving technology of the two OS's, but I can only tell you my opinion about the two OS's having owned a Q10 and now having the iPhone 6.

One of the things I hated about my Q10 was that even when I wasn't using the phone, the battery still decreased by 3-5% per hour. It had a 2100 mah battery (original). I could get maybe 14 hours tops out of my Q10.

I am now using the iPhone 6, and I can get about 21 hours out of it. The main reason behind this is that when the phone is locked (when im not using it), the battery remains the same. It does not decrease battery by 3-5% as the Q10 did. I remember once when I didnt use my iPhone 6 for approximately 3 hours, and my battery had only decreased with 1%.

The main differences between the two OS's lie in how they use battery on standby. iOS8 is very efficient there, while BB10 (as its relatively new) is just not that efficient.

Just my two cents..
    02-13-15 05:16 AM

Will check on forum what exactly "auto load a leak" means and will try. :-)
    Take a look at
    http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...oaders-995995/

I've found that 10.3.1.2072 has great battery life on my Passport, 2267 is newer but I haven't tried it yet.
    02-13-15 11:44 AM
    Went back to Mr Classic's daddy, it's Mr Passport

Kinda feel super comfortable with having at least 30% more juice with me. Reading is again better, typing so and so, overall again happy.

But will not give away Classic because I wish to see new OS update if it influences efficiency, in the end it's the topic of the post.

Thanks very much people

Dave Bourque likes this.
    02-15-15 02:53 PM
    I have noticed battery drain on my Z30 when on airplane mode with all apps closed while camping, only using Casca Run for tracking my route. Even after a reset to try and clear any rogue apps running without my knowledge.

That has made me spend more time being aware of battery drain. BlackBerry OS 10 is just not efficient when idling. You are better turning your phone off over night for example. Whereas my Galaxy S5 can last for days and days idling doing nothing. That phone it would seem you are better leaving on.

Keep improving BB10!

Posted via CB10
    03-18-15 10:36 PM
    Went back to Mr Classic's daddy, it's Mr Passport

Kinda feel super comfortable with having at least 30% more juice with me. Reading is again better, typing so and so, overall again happy.

But will not give away Classic because I wish to see new OS update if it influences efficiency, in the end it's the topic of the post.

Thanks very much people

Hey,
    Have you done a device OS reload through BlackBerry link?
    Not autoloader or security wipe.
    Using BlackBerry link, do an OS reload.
    Do not restore from a BlackBerry link backup. At all.
    Good luck
    Last edited by mad_mdx; 03-19-15 at 07:28 AM.
    03-19-15 06:54 AM
    I use Battery Guru to check my phone for battery usage and idle phone power consumption. I took the following screenshots after my phone had been sitting idle for approximately 5 minutes. This is on my BlackBerry Passport. Sure looks like good battery life to me. Again, this is idle state power usage.
    BB10 vs. iOS Battery Saving Technology-img_20150319_145549.png
    BB10 vs. iOS Battery Saving Technology-img_20150319_145559.png

Posted via CB10
    03-20-15 09:27 AM
70 123