I had the Z30 and now the Passport and the same problem exists when clicking to increase or decrease volume. I have to click it one click at a time and slowly, evenly spaced timing to see the change. The display header goes on and off to show incremental changes and it is frustrating.
    I can't just hold or click the volume buttons quickly like any other phone I've had.

Does anyone have the same experience?

Posted via CB10
    10-03-15 03:22 PM
    Weird, no problem with my Passport. One click for either 1 one bar up or down. Press and hold same thing, but moves incrementally in either direction.

 BlackBerry Passport SE on Rogers in Victoria BC Canada to CB 10
    10-03-15 04:16 PM
    I used to have this exact same problem on my old z30...it would work normally after a reboot and then start acting up again a few days later. I got the classic about 2 weeks ago and the volume rockers work just fine. No lag when I use them.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-15 04:24 PM
    I can't just hold or click the volume buttons quickly like any other phone I've had.
    I don't think you have an hardware issue. I bet you installed an app which uses the rockers (like HUB++ for example) though...
    10-03-15 07:19 PM
    Devices slow down over time. Reboot it once every 2-3 days.

Posted via  Z30 STA100-2 | 10.3.2.2339
    10-03-15 08:14 PM
    I don't think you have an hardware issue. I bet you installed an app which uses the rockers (like HUB++ for example) though...
    I was thinking the same think but didn't want to have to uninstall any of my favorite apps I guess it's time for process of elimination

Posted via CB10
    10-03-15 10:34 PM
    Devices slow down over time. Reboot it once every 2-3 days.

The phone is not laggy it's just the volume issue.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-15 10:35 PM
    The phone is not laggy it's just the volume issue.

Posted via CB10
    I know. Just reboot it.

10-03-15 10:43 PM
    I was thinking the same thing but didn't want to have to uninstall any of my favorite apps
    Or check the settings of these apps. You can disable this behaviour in HUB++ for example. Which app you think is the culprit ?
    10-04-15 07:45 AM
    Or check the settings of these apps. You can disable this behaviour in HUB++ for example. Which app you think is the culprit ?
    Off the top of my head there are three to look at. I have Light Anytime, Power Tools, ClipMan. I will try and see if ClipMan is the culprit first and then work my way to Light Anytime and lastly Power Tools. I'll provide feedback when I finish with all three.

Just want to say thanks for your assistance and By the way a Reboot does nothing, this is a conflict not overloading issue. Of that I am sure.

Posted via CB10
    Joshu42 likes this.
    10-04-15 08:07 AM
    It's nothing to do with a App, it's an OS issue which was present in 10.3.1, they fixed it but it has returned in 10.3.2 again, usually a reboot does the trick, you may want to wipe it and start again.

I have one Headless App running and mine does it after 3 days of been booted

Posted via CB10 v....not telling
    10-04-15 08:26 AM
    It's nothing to do with a App
    Well, to catch the key pressed or released, the app has to create a hook, introducing delay. You can say it's a bug from the BlackBerry framework if you want Just wait for OP tests and you see
    10-04-15 10:12 AM
    I had the Z30 and now the Passport and the same problem exists when clicking to increase or decrease volume. I have to click it one click at a time and slowly, evenly spaced timing to see the change. The display header goes on and off to show incremental changes and it is frustrating.

Posted via CB10
    Make sure that you have the music shortcut switched off. See the screen shot.

BB10 Volume adjustment laggy-img_20151004_220344.png

Z30 / STA100-2 /10.3.2.2789
    10-04-15 11:35 AM
    It's nothing to do with a App, it's an OS issue which was present in 10.3.1, they fixed it but it has returned in 10.3.2 again, usually a reboot does the trick, you may want to wipe it and start again.

I have one Headless App running and mine does it after 3 days of been booted

Actually I think I had the issue on my Z30 running 10.2.xx and 10.3.1 yes.

One interesting thing is when I have music opened and the volume controls the media volume there is no lag at all and works perfect but Ringer Volume always buggers up

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by The_Passporter; 10-04-15 at 12:01 PM.
    10-04-15 11:43 AM
    Well, to catch the key pressed or released, the app has to create a hook, introducing delay. You can say it's a bug from the BlackBerry framework if you want Just wait for OP tests and you see
    The KeyListener is a light component, I use it in one of my own Apps, since it actually takes over as the primary function for the keys it shouldn't make any difference.
    The developer actually has to destroy the component when it's not needed then recreate it again.

10-04-15 12:28 PM
    Actually I think I had the issue on my Z30 running 10.2.xx and 10.3.1 yes.

One interesting thing is when I have music opened and the volume controls the media volume there is no lag at all and works perfect but Ringer Volume always buggers up

Posted via CB10
    Must say I only ever encountered it myself and seen people complaining about it when 10.3.1 was released.

10-04-15 12:31 PM
    Must say I only ever encountered it myself and seen people complaining about it when 10.3.1 was released.

I shouldn't say "I think" I'm sure I had it on 10.2 cause the update wasn't available when I had the phone and just before I sold it I wiped it and updated to 10.3.0 or 10.3.1 can't remember and played with it to see if it persisted but it was working fine. Now after I sold it if they guy had any issues I have no idea.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-15 01:44 PM
    Never had the issue on 10.2.1... definitely a constant problem in 10.3.x and up...

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2639
    10-04-15 02:18 PM
    Never had the issue on 10.2.1... definitely a constant problem in 10.3.x and up...

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2639
    Well you might be right and I'll eat my shoe lol. Perhaps the Z30 did update to 10.3.0 and I waited till I sold it to update to 10.3.1.
    It was about a year ago or more.
    Anyway so you guys don't think I should bother with uninstalling apps and just wait for the next update to see if it gets fixed?

Posted via CB10
    10-04-15 04:26 PM
    Well you might be right and I'll eat my shoe lol.

Posted via CB10
    I sell shoes, trust me you don't want to do that lol

Anyway so you guys don't think I should bother with uninstalling apps and just wait for the next update to see if it gets fixed?
    Seems pointless removing Apps to me, as I said to Joshu42 really, the MediaKeyWatcher blocks the last watcher while it exists so a third party App blocking it is practically impossible: https://developer.blackberry.com/nat...eywatcher.html

It is up to the developer to ensure a key is only watched when needed otherwise, as is the case with volume keys, core functionality could be affected for other applications.
    Not sure if your device has been wiped, but you might want to try it and Autoload the newest Build and start from scratch; I find restored Settings can cause issues as well.
    10-04-15 05:19 PM
    I had the problem in the past with various iterations of 10.3.X.X, even as late as. 2639. For me the problem is gone with this it's most recent form.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-15 06:35 PM
    Seems pointless removing Apps to me, as I said to Joshu42 really, the MediaKeyWatcher blocks the last watcher while it exists so a third party App blocking it is practically impossible: https://developer.blackberry.com/nat...eywatcher.html
    Not sure if your device has been wiped, but you might want to try it and Autoload the newest Build and start from scratch; I find restored Settings can cause issues as well.
    It was an issue with Hub++ as you can read in the forum. And disable the settings for the app solved the problem immediately.

Starting fresh is always a good idea But I advise OP to uninstall temporary the 3 apps he mentioned, reboot and see if his issue is solved
    10-04-15 09:18 PM
    It was an issue with Hub++ as you can read in the forum. And disable the settings for the app solved the problem immediately.

Starting fresh is always a good idea But I advise OP to uninstall temporary the 3 apps he mentioned, reboot and see if his issue is solved
    Hmm, that kinda defies the laws of physics, or code in this case but I'll take your word for it.

10-05-15 04:42 AM
    OP, another thing, I've just read that again :
    Did you have the Parrot app to record phone calls installed ?
    10-05-15 05:23 AM

Posted via CB10
    Do you have Camera++ installed. If it's running (even in the background), it causes volume control lag. It used to make volume not adjustable, but they "fixed" it, and now it only lags.

If not Camera++, then maybe one of your other apps has a similar bug? Have you installed anything new recently?

Posted via CB10
    10-05-15 06:27 AM