I automatically received an update to my BlackBerry a few weeks ago but have been delaying to install as I want to know if it's gonna break a bunch of stuff.

Has anyone installed and and have an idea of of the changes it makes?

Posted via CB10
    09-08-17 06:37 AM
    I should say the update is 10.3.3.1463 and it's for a BlackBerry Passport SE.

Posted via CB10
    09-08-17 06:38 AM
    I automatically received an update to my BlackBerry a few weeks ago but have been delaying to install as I want to know if it's gonna break a bunch of stuff.

Posted via CB10
    Just do some research, this update is available since December 2016.

Posted via CB10
    09-08-17 06:41 AM
    Some are reporting (on the Z30 at least) text issues. On my Z30 1453 allows T-Mo wifi-calling and I have noticed that MMS is zapped when on wifi-calling but works on regular network. Also, I do notice SMS issues on wifi-calling, and very, very rarely on network. Just FYI.
    09-08-17 09:52 AM
    It's a mixed bag. Some have no issues with the update. Others, not so lucky.
    If you currently have a stable OS, much better to stick with it.
    09-08-17 10:02 AM

Posted via CB10
    OK here's the deal: It seems that MANY people have had problems when updating OTA to 10.3.3.xxxx. If you do a search here on CB you will see many different problems being encountered. On the other hand, those who have used an autoloader (available from Thurask's repository) which wipes the phone clean to start anew have, in general, had a great experience. IF you do decide to do an OTA update, I would recommend the following: Remove your SD card (if you have one-also unencrypt it if it is encrypted), turn off network, turn off bluetooth, NFC, location services, media sharing, basically everything except wifi, then begin the OTA. Once finished, let the device settle for awhile then replace and reset everything the way it was. If you encounter problems you can always use the autoloader later on if you have to.

You have not indicated which OS you are currently on but the 10.3.3.xxxx OS really has very few new features over 10.3.2.xxxx and many people have chosen to stay on that version. If you choose not to update, you can tap the download update, then pause the update and turn off the automatic download and install software switch under the options button in Software Updates. That should shut off the update notification.

Good Luck with your decision and choice!
    09-08-17 10:23 AM
    getting updated couple of days. No issue so far.

Posted via CB10
    09-08-17 11:40 AM