BlackBerry promised us that we will get the update the update on August and it's August but I find no thread related to ask about the Update...

Posted via My Lovely Z30
    enrod87 likes this.
    08-01-16 09:41 PM
    It's been August here (BB's timezone) for twenty three hours, give it time. And, if the one guy left to work on BB10 is in Waterloo, it's a holiday, too.
    08-01-16 09:43 PM
    I gave up longtime ago and moved on to blackberry priv where it's gets updates every month,

Posted via CB10
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    08-01-16 10:14 PM
    BlackBerry may have suggested a number of potential timeframes over the last few months, but I would never consider any of them "promises".

Priv STV100-1 AAF960 / Q5SQR100-1/10.3.3.746
    08-01-16 10:34 PM
    I believe the promise on updates of bb10 would be in mid August, still looking forward for it

Posted via CB10
    08-02-16 01:02 AM
    Wasn't there a 10.3.3 countdown thread before? I guess the OP for that thread eventually gave up.

*ME173X
    08-02-16 01:31 AM
    BlackBerry only promoting their android devices OS10 is no more alive regarding updates

Posted via my @ Classic
    08-02-16 04:02 AM
    I gave up longtime ago and moved on to blackberry priv where it's gets updates every month,

Posted via CB10
    But for how long will the updates keep rolling?

We all know Android keeps being updated and not all devices will get it. I just purchased a Android device running 6.0 and I'm almost certain it will NOT get the next Android release.

Now, will BlackBerry continue to release Android updates to their devices? I've seen where the Priv, which came out on an older Android was upgraded to the newer one. But, will this continue on to the next rendition of Android? I forcee the Android updates on BlackBerry devices being similar to that of other Android devices in that you can go but so far with your device before you are FORCED to replace the device as your apps become non functional as they will not work on your now "outdated OS".

Another reason why BB10 was the best, IMHO! Oh well!!

Posted via CB10 on my ClassicSQC100-1/10.3.2.2876
    08-02-16 04:18 AM

We all know Android keeps being updated and not all devices will get it. I just purchased a Android device running 6.0 and I'm almost certain it will NOT get the next Android release.

Now, will BlackBerry continue to release Android updates to their devices? I've seen where the Priv, which came out on an older Android was upgraded to the newer one. But, will this continue on to the next rendition of Android? I forcee the Android updates on BlackBerry devices being similar to that of other Android devices in that you can go but so far with your device before you are FORCED to replace the device as your apps become non functional as they will not work on your now "outdated OS".

Hmmm... I have several Android devices running "outdated OS" (Jellybean and KitKat) with all essential apps (banking, messengers, social, music, etc.) working perfectly. And I'm not in anyway forced to update my devices unless it's mainly due to hardware issues/normal wear and tear.

Same thing can be said with our work phones (9900). BBOS may be dead but our devices keep on going like the Energizer bunny. They perfectly perform their required tasks (calls/sms/email). That's also why we never upgraded to BB10 devices.

*ME173X
    Last edited by johnny_bravo72; 08-02-16 at 07:07 AM.
    08-02-16 06:52 AM
    BlackBerry promised us that we will get the update the update on August and it's August but I find no thread related to ask about the Update...

Posted via My Lovely Z30
    Promises are meant to be broken! Just saying.

Posted via CB10
    08-02-16 07:30 AM
    The words "BlackBerry" and "promise" should never be in the same sentenced unless it's preceded by the word "broken".
    08-02-16 09:35 AM

Sounds like the way she goes...

However, I wouldn't put this as a great advantage of BB10, it just means that all of its devices will reach EOL simultaneously... not really an advantage, if you ask me. BB10 was one OS... if BlackBerry made phones that ran BB11 (arguably what their version of Android is, actually) the chances are high that their older models would not get the update. The fact that the Priv got the update to Marshmallow is great, if it doesn't Nougat, it can be seen as fair play since neither will the majority of Android handsets that have been released a year or more ago.

Like I said already, that's just the way she goes...
    moyah8 likes this.
    08-02-16 09:45 AM
    Sounds like the way she goes...

However, I wouldn't put this as a great advantage of BB10, it just means that all of its devices will reach EOL simultaneously... not really an advantage, if you ask me. BB10 was one OS... if BlackBerry made phones that ran BB11 (arguably what their version of Android is, actually) the chances are high that their older models would not get the update. The fact that the Priv got the update to Marshmallow is great, if it doesn't Nougat, it can be seen as fair play since neither will the majority of Android handsets that have been released a year or more ago.

Like I said already, that's just the way she goes...
    Meaningful updates for BB10 ended almost 16 months ago.... about two years after the Z10 was launched. But only a few months after the Passport and Classic were released, and befroe the Leap even hit the market.

Not sure what moyah8 thinks was so great about BB10... It was kinda expected that BlackBerry might end up leaving the original Z10, Q10, Q5 behind when they moved to a 64Bit OS. But Chen started making cuts and 64Bits operation was one of those cuts....

Anyway, here we are with a 32 Bit OS running a three year old Android runtime...yeah BB10 is so great!
    08-02-16 12:08 PM
    Not sure what moyah8 thinks was so great about BB10...
    Not the type that fancy apps, I loved the "out of box" experience had with BB10. I found it very productive and truly suited my needs.

To me, it was a great OS. Infact, I'd go as far as saying it was the best OS I've ever used. All these based on MY use and requirements of a mobile device.

ppeters914 likes this.
    08-02-16 12:37 PM
    Blackberry said August but did not mention the year!
    yashrw likes this.
    08-02-16 12:47 PM
    Just curious, what is expectation(s) or feature(s) of the BB10 update that is available now?
    08-02-16 12:54 PM
    Just curious, what is expectation(s) or feature(s) of the BB10 update that is available now?
    There has not been a new update pushed to BB10 devices since December. To what are you referring?

If you mean the upcoming 10.3.3, it will mostly provide a few bug fixes and NIAP security certification for enterprise.
    08-02-16 12:57 PM
    I have said again and again, the new BB10 update will contain no new features so for us consumers, there is nothing to look forward to!

Posted via CB10
    08-02-16 01:01 PM
    Blackberry said August but did not mention the year!
    Nor did they mention a day. There are 28 of them left for the Western Hemishere.

Posted using a Q10, 10.3.2.2474.
    08-02-16 02:01 PM
    Sometime near the end of this month, I imagine Chen will delay it until "sometime in the fourth quarter".

Posted via CB10
    08-02-16 02:08 PM
    But they are still fully committed to BB10!
    08-02-16 03:59 PM

Posted via My Lovely Z30
    Always love these threads..............the update will come when it does. Is your phone not working? Be careful what you ask for, because you may get it!

BlackBerry.................Always On...................Slightly Off!
    IndianTiwari likes this.
    08-02-16 04:38 PM
    But they are still fully committed to BB10!
    Is that like a girlfriend being a little pregnant?
    IndianTiwari likes this.
    08-02-16 04:39 PM
    In the upcoming weeks

You have to really be brave to be the first adopter of 10.3.3 I still believe it will be the buggiest version ever. More things will be broken by it then fixed.
    anon(9742832) likes this.
    08-02-16 04:58 PM
    In the upcoming weeks

You have to really be brave to be the first adopter of 10.3.3 I still believe it will be the buggiest version ever. More things will be broken by it then fixed.
    Speculation?!

Can't blame you though... BlackBerry not really doing anything right now in respect of BB10 to insight positivity in the OS!

08-02-16 05:32 PM
60 123