Personally, I hope that they go the pre-recorded route. I have heard them say on-stage when things have gone wrong during demos that they are committed to live demos, but I feel like pre-recorded leaves nothing to chance and gives it that high-polish presentation feel. Honestly, I don't really see the argument for doing live demos (except for games or other non-cornerstone applications), specially when everything rides on people's preception of what they are seeing.

Thoughts? Agree...disagree, what is your reasoning?
    12-05-12 06:31 PM
    Well if a pre recorded one doesn't turn out to be the live experience I don't think that would be good. If it's truly ready then nothing should go wrong?
    AfroZepher likes this.
    12-05-12 06:38 PM
    I am sure it will be alot of both. Most times they are.
    12-05-12 06:41 PM
    When it turned out that the demo they did at BlackBerry World in May was basically a pre-recorded, pre-programmed, pre-set demo, there were a lot of people calling foul.

The demo in October at BlackBerry Jam Americas was live and alothough there were a couple of swipe problems, everything seemed to work out for the best.

I say: stay live!

Si.
    12-05-12 07:20 PM
    If the OS is as polished and solid as we all expect, I don't think there would be an issue with performing a live demo. I prefer live demos as it shows real time use. If RIM can demonstrate how well the device/OS performs with a live demo, it will be received much better than a pre-recorded video. RIM can leave the pre-recorded stuff for the marketing campaign.
    12-05-12 07:28 PM
    I think it has to be live as the 3 they want to be considered with all do theirs in that manner.
    12-06-12 09:27 PM
    Needs to be live otherwise the naysayers will cry foul
    12-07-12 12:17 PM
    Got to agree with live. To many folks won't believe it unless they see it live.
    12-07-12 04:53 PM