How spoiled have people become when something like the Torch is considered "too bulky"? It's barely bigger than my old Curve 8520 was, and is not cumbersome at all. If it fits easily with plenty of room to spare into any pocket, even a breast pocket of a shirt, I would never consider a device of that size "too bulky".

It seems that some people want smaller and smaller devices, to the point where it starts to get rediculous, then suddenly bigger and bigger devices start to crop up (like the newer Android phones, tablets, etc.)

I think the Torch is a nice size. By comparison to my friend's iPhone 4, it's small. If anything, I'd like my Torch to be even bigger. I'm not concerned about "bulk". I'm concerned about having the features that I want, and the Torch has it in spades. Maybe it could be improved upon, but then again, if you make it too thin then you risk making it seem flimsy, or possibly compromising the durability of the device. I will eagerly accept a slightly thicker phone in order to have a sliding keyboard as well as a large touch screen, and IMO Blackberry's Torch is the best slider cell phone that is available on the market today.
    MTL likes this.
    01-03-13 10:35 PM
    It will very likely happen. But not for the first year. .

No PMs are working on a torch clone (that I know of) and they would need to be assigned about 9 months in advance.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9360 using Tapatalk
    01-03-13 10:44 PM
    How spoiled have people become when something like the Torch is considered "too bulky"? It's barely bigger than my old Curve 8520 was, and is not cumbersome at all. If it fits easily with plenty of room to spare into any pocket, even a breast pocket of a shirt, I would never consider a device of that size "too bulky".

It seems that some people want smaller and smaller devices, to the point where it starts to get rediculous, then suddenly bigger and bigger devices start to crop up (like the newer Android phones, tablets, etc.)

I think the Torch is a nice size. By comparison to my friend's iPhone 4, it's small. If anything, I'd like my Torch to be even bigger. I'm not concerned about "bulk". I'm concerned about having the features that I want, and the Torch has it in spades. Maybe it could be improved upon, but then again, if you make it too thin then you risk making it seem flimsy, or possibly compromising the durability of the device. I will eagerly accept a slightly thicker phone in order to have a sliding keyboard as well as a large touch screen, and IMO Blackberry's Torch is the best slider cell phone that is available on the market today.
    I know, right. What about the pad craze? I want the Torch10 to be an inch more in length and width. I don't care if it weighs 3 pounds. Will help burn more cals and build my biceps as I lift it to my ear.
    01-03-13 11:27 PM
    prolly be released by the end of the year..
    01-04-13 03:55 AM
    More than 2 Blackberry 10 devices?

We all know there will be two Blackberry 10 devices which will be launched this tear. One will be a full-touch Blackberry Z10 and a QWERTY X10. But it looks like RIM may be planning to launch more devices, other than the two mentioned above. I was viewing the string output of a certain file and I saw the words Colt, London, Longbow, Winchester, Blackforest and Henry in it: We all know Colt and London were the codenames for the full-touch Blackberry 10 devices. Colt was later scrapped, leaving only London. But what about Longbow, Winchester, Blackforest and Henry?While browsing through some more folders, I saw a reference to Rubicon, which looks like another Blackberry 10 device and Winchester 2, which could be an upgraded Blackberry 10 Playbook.
    Blackberry 10: Interesting discoveries - SkotGat

Well, Blackforest is supposed to be the new PB, but there might be other devices...what do you think?
    01-04-13 05:21 AM
    I had a 9800 and upgraded to the 9810. Love the form factor and would love to see a BB10 slider. That's kind of what bothers me about the BB10 launch. I'm afraid I'll upgrade to an L-Series and then a slider will be announced that I might like more. Don't really like having to choose between the new OS and a form factor I like.
    MTL, Tim-ANC and magutwit like this.
    01-04-13 08:47 AM
    I had a 9800 and upgraded to the 9810. Love the form factor and would love to see a BB10 slider. That's kind of what bothers me about the BB10 launch. I'm afraid I'll upgrade to an L-Series and then a slider will be announced that I might like more. Don't really like having to choose between the new OS and a form factor I like.
    I'm getting the L ASAP. If its so awesome I should be able to sell it and afford a Torch10 when they come out. If its not awesome, well, BB will be dead and there will be nothing else.
    01-04-13 02:12 PM
    very doubtful....most reviewers hated it.
    reviewers can say whatever they wan't, the truth is its probably the most functional form factor and targets everyone looking for a QWERTY and everyone looking for a large touch screen
    01-04-13 02:51 PM
    I would also love a BB10 slider. IT'S SIMPLY THE BEST OF BOTH WORLDS!

I have a Torch 9800. I'm not sure how long I've had it but I got an unlocked one out of the States before they were released in Canada so it's been a while. It has been the toughest most reliable phone ever. I work on the oil rigs and it has been dropped 30 feet down a flight of metal stairs. It has landed in a puddle of oil. The Otter box I used to have got completely destroyed so now it�s naked. About a month ago I shattered the screen but I can still see through it and it works just fine. I use the slider all day and seem to fidget with it sliding it open and closed, so really it there a tougher phone? I'd like to see it! The only problem I had was it started freezing up a little, but I had soooo many aps downloaded it was pathetic. So I just plugged it into the desk top manager, saved and backed up everything, wiped it and re-downloaded only the app I used and its good as new. Also still have the original battery.

So heck ya I'd be first in line for a BB10 Torch so this one can retire to some hall of fame!
    I will have to get the Z10 'cuz man I'm due for a new phone but If a slider come after I'm getting one.

Also note to RIM. One of the great things about Blackberry was there was such a range of models that everyone could get what suited them.
    I also vote for AC/DC Back in Black for the launch!!!!!!
    Tim-ANC and magutwit like this.
    01-04-13 09:58 PM
    If you look at the more consistent leaks and stuff we know, it doesn't really seem like there is actually a point where there would be room to release a bb10 slider this year so you would easily get 12 months use out of your l-series before having to decide about an upgrade.
    01-04-13 10:06 PM
    Also note to RIM. One of the great things about Blackberry was there was such a range of models that everyone could get what suited them.
    Unfortunately, that was also a downside to Rim too, so it makes a lot of sense for them to calm down a bit on that side of the company until the market for bb10 is big enough to merit additional form factors.
    01-04-13 10:09 PM
    Sorry to bring back an old thread but my friend and I were talking about different Blackberry devices and we both like the Torch, and thought that it would be a good idea for Blackberry to make a BB10 Torch......But...I did see something as of April 28, 2013 Blackberry has a patent for BB10 Torch hybrid now

BlackBerry Patent Shows Potential Torch-Style BB10 Phone
    08-12-13 03:51 AM
    I want a BlackBerry 10 slider / torch so bad. I've been using my old 9810 and miss it. I could care less of its a little thicker.

Posted via CB10
    08-16-13 09:26 PM
    I want a BlackBerry 10 slider / torch so bad. I've been using my old 9810 and miss it. I could care less of its a little thicker.

Posted via CB10
    COULDN'T care less. If you could care less, that means that you care about it a lot.

Back to thread, I'm a previous Torch 9800 user and although the keyboard on the Z is great, I really miss the physical keyboard. I don't want a Q as I don't want to sacrifice the screen real estate. I suppose I'm a slider user at heart and I'd ditch my Z in a heartbeat if they had a slider available.

Z10STL100-2/10.1.0.4633 O2 Uk
    08-17-13 03:51 AM
    I'm down for the idea, definitely will get one if BB launches BB10 torch

Posted via CB10
    08-17-13 06:42 AM
    Please build a Torch style BB10 slider before the end. I need it. Future proof it. Make it dual boot with Android just on case. Just give me a piece of blackberry to have.

Posted via CB10
    CMcRob likes this.
    09-07-13 07:26 PM
    +1 for a BB10 torch, loved my 9810. I don't need dual boot.

Posted via CB10
    09-07-13 07:32 PM
    I love my 9810 also. I only mention the dual boot as a way to possibly keep the phone working longer but you're right with side loading (as long as it's updated) it should last a few years.

Just want a bb10 slider so badly. I don't get the Z30. The slider is unique. And would sell. Make it powerful too.

Posted via CB10
    09-07-13 08:00 PM
    Lol I thought you guys were talking about the 9850/60. I'm like....erm....Z10? but gotcha, the 9810 was yummy too! But I do not think a slider is in the cards for BB10.... not sure I would go for it if it did.....actually yes I would

Lilly's hand stitched Frankenstein Z10 powered by OS 10.2 .0.1725
    Last edited by LillyFox; 09-15-13 at 08:44 AM.
    09-07-13 08:02 PM
    Can't wrap my head around this one, haha. The keyboard was too thin, the device was too thick, the on-screen keyboard covered up too much of the screen... I had all 3 torches and none of them impressed me much. It would be interesting to see how many people would actually buy a BB10 slider though. Can't imagine it would be worth the production cost. Here's hoping you guys get what you want though
    09-07-13 08:14 PM
    I see a TON of Torch's in and around Calgary and Southern Alberta.
    My son loves his Zed but would LOVE a BB10 Torch.

I think this is the market they could own. No one would even come close.

From my Vader Zed
    09-07-13 08:29 PM
    I think if they made one like the mock up that's been going around, it would be well received. I know my daughter would trade in her Torch for one the first day it was available.
    09-08-13 10:07 AM
    Yeah I meant a BB10 Slider like a Torch but improved. Z10 size would be fine for me. Basically a Z10 that slid open and had a wider keyboard than the 9810.

I wish they had made that phone instead of the Z30.

I reconditioned my 9810 for my nephew who was desperate for any phone. And I was surprised how much I missed aspects of it.

I love BB10 features but sometimes miss 7.1 features.

I love blackberry. I think a slider if marketed right could do so much.

Posted via CB10
    09-11-13 09:06 PM
    Isn't the Z15 going to be a slider?

Posted via CB10
    09-12-13 02:18 AM
49 12