Do you think we will see a Torch style BB at launch? I personally loved the pull down keyboard design. And would like to see it again.
    CrownIsle, MTL and jshanik like this.
    12-27-12 02:51 PM
    very doubtful....most reviewers hated it.
    12-27-12 03:11 PM
    At launch? Almost certainly not. At some point in the future? Maybe. As a 9810 owner I'd appreciate it if they did, but if they think it won't sell, it's not going to happen.
    12-27-12 03:14 PM
    At launch, no. RIM has stated a number of times that the full touch screen device will drop first, followed "shortly" by the QWERTY device. I have yet to see any official reference to a slider.
    12-27-12 03:21 PM
    I have the Torch and waiting to upgrade to the Z10. I had hoped that they would put out a similar device later on BB10 , i.e ideally with a 4 inch screen and a nice 9900-like keyboard but from the postings ,do not expect BB to do so anytime soon,
    The Torch form factor is quite popular here in Canada but from my experience with my colleagues who are using either the 9800 and/or the 9810, there appear to be more mechanical breakdowns/problems perhaps inherent to the sliding mechanism. . BB needs to play safe with this new launching of BB10
    12-27-12 07:21 PM
    I love the 9810. Best phone design I have ever used. Wish they would make a Bb10 version quickly after launch.
    CrownIsle, MTL and Toodeurep like this.
    12-27-12 07:32 PM
    I had hoped that they would put out a similar device later on BB10 , i.e ideally with a 4 inch screen and a nice 9900-like keyboard
    Agreed. I love the 9810, but the keyboard is just too tiny and inset to type on comfortably, for me anyway. I guess I was spoiled by my 9000.

I love the 9810. Best phone design I have ever used. Wish they would make a Bb10 version quickly after launch.
    I was hoping for the same, but it looks like we'll be waiting for a long while considering there hasn't been any solid news regarding a possible slider. At least, not that I've seen.
    12-27-12 08:34 PM
    +1
    I also love my 9810.
    Fidgetting with a slider is just much more fun than a qwerty or full touch phone. lol
    Typing wise, as PapiPabs mentioned, it is too inset to type easily, but then again I should probably make sure to cut my finger nails more often, lol.
    MTL and Toodeurep like this.
    12-27-12 10:36 PM
    Torch10, that's what I want. But will get the Z10 straight off first just cuz. Going to miss the track pad too.
    12-28-12 05:17 PM
    I'm looking forward to it too.
    Don't like not having a keyboard so don't think I will opt for the Z10 and I like the big screen.
    If I have a long email to write, I prefer to do it on my Torch instead of on my PlayBook. So spoiled by the keyboard
    12-28-12 05:57 PM
    My AT&T upgrade is due in 3 days. My sinister plan is to get the Z first, and it will be so awesome my wife will ditch her S2 to get it from me as a hand me down. Then I'll use her upgrade to get the Torch 10.
    Cesare21, tHe.iR1sH, MTL and 2 others like this.
    12-28-12 06:58 PM
    Well, I had hoped, but I'll be getting the first BB10 device which seems to be an all touch device. Unless the keyboard has some sleek awesome design.
    12-29-12 05:31 PM
    I'm being open minded and might warm up to the all touch. Though I just got a new Thinkpad W530 with Win8 and the new OS is really testing my my willingness to change.
    12-31-12 02:32 PM
    I have a Torch 9810 and I absolutely love having both the touch screen and the slide-out keyboard. I think it could be awesome if they made a BB10 version. They could make it bigger to make the keyboard easier to use, and the touchscreen bigger at the same time. Considering the size of some of the newer Android phones, I think making it bigger overall would be the way to go.
    magutwit likes this.
    12-31-12 07:31 PM
    Yep, bigger would be better.
    01-01-13 02:06 PM
    I agree, I'm very happy with my slider, it suits me perfectly.
    Can anyone answer what may be a very obvious question; will my old Torch 9800 be 'upgradeable' to the new OS? I.E. will have to buy a new handset to use the new OS?
    If so, the 'touch only' device doesn't really excite me as I like a keyboard, and the 'keyboard' device doesn't excite me due to the small screen.
    Thanks kindly for anyone's input.
    01-02-13 01:10 AM
    No upgrade to bb10 for older devices other than the playbook.
    01-02-13 05:06 AM
    The Torch design is best of both worlds, qwerty keyboard, full sized screen without intruding virtual keyboard on the screen. The sliding motion is also great for answering calls.

I would buy a BB10 Torch right away but I guess I have to buy one without first.

Strange that it wasn't more popular.
    MTL and Mecca EL like this.
    01-02-13 07:49 AM
    Totally agree...I can only think that the slightly thicker phone turned off those that want a phone to sit flat in their pocket, who knows!
    The BB 10 promo talks up their new typing, but let's see.
    As an aside, it's fun when the plane lands in Jakarta and everybody pulls out their Torches, maybe the Asian market will influence developing a " Torch 10".
    MTL and Mecca EL like this.
    01-02-13 08:15 AM
    The Torch design is best of both worlds, qwerty keyboard, full sized screen without intruding virtual keyboard on the screen. The sliding motion is also great for answering calls.
    In some ways it is the worst of both worlds too though, you have a bulkier device without it being as big as an all-touch device and with a worse physical keyboard than on the Bold, it all comes down to what compromises and functionality matter most to you really.
    01-02-13 01:42 PM
    In some ways it is the worst of both worlds too though, you have a bulkier device without it being as big as an all-touch device and with a worse physical keyboard than on the Bold, it all comes down to what compromises and functionality matter most to you really.
    I am one of those who can't stand the "mine is thinner than yours" wars. Who cares. Every iphone I see has a stupid thick case on it making it the same thickness as my 9810.

One thing I worry about is the palmability of new phones. The 9810 is perfect in the hand. That is why I kept to the DINC 4G. Still small.
    01-02-13 02:37 PM
    Another vote here for a BB10 Torch. My 9800 is pretty worn out, but I refuse to change it until BB10 is out! I have never had nor seen anyone else with a mechanical issue with the Torch and there are quite a few around here.
    Tim-ANC, MTL and magutwit like this.
    01-02-13 03:09 PM
    I am one of those who can't stand the "mine is thinner than yours" wars. Who cares. Every iphone I see has a stupid thick case on it making it the same thickness as my 9810.
    While you do not need to go as far as some of them, the 9810 seems somewhat bulky even to my 9900 which isn't anywhere near too thin or needing a case either.

Anyway, the reality is that qwerty is somewhat of a niche so they have to go with the most popular version of that with their first device, maybe if bb10 does well enough this year there will be room for them to expand the form factors next year for a bb10 slider, but I personally don't expect one sooner than that as the focus will be on cheaper models next and then they are probably onto an xmas 2013 update to the l-series.
    01-03-13 04:00 AM
    +1
    I have a Torch and I love the idea of having a big touch screen with a trackpad and a physical keyboard. I actually don't like the design of existing Torch phones (look like one of the Samsung sliders that existed way before Torch).
    Before the fall I really hoped that Rim would do a Torch BB10 but with a better design and a bigger screen. I'm pretty sure that it is still possible to make a really beautiful device of the kind (maybe not exactly slider, maybe something we'd never seen before, why not?). I almost counted on it.

Now I'm somewhat disappointed, because I'm definitely not a Bold person and I won't go for a N-series, but I'll still miss the keyboard...Z10 looks nice, but if I have to change for all tactile, I start considering other touchscreen phones on the market. There is a possibility that Rim releases some kind of bb10 Torch, but much later, which is another disappointment, because I can't wait to change my phone anymore, it's getting really buggy (this summer I've been waiting for the fall and the promised bb10 and in the fall I've been waiting for January).

There still is a slight possibility that Rim keeps such a phone secret for the Launch event (they need more suprises with all that leaks), but I don't believe it...
    01-03-13 04:34 AM
    Another vote here for a BB10 Torch. My 9800 is pretty worn out, but I refuse to change it until BB10 is out! I have never had nor seen anyone else with a mechanical issue with the Torch and there are quite a few around here.
    I'm just like you!
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    01-03-13 04:38 AM
49 12