04-13-15 02:14 AM
235 ... 56789 ...
tools
    anyone know how to lock the phone without pressing the top button?
    03-14-13 12:08 AM
    From the BlackBerry support forums:

For selecting text on a webpage, blog, email or other:

To select one word: Touch and hold the word you want to select for about a second.
    To select one full sentence: Keep touching and holding the same for about two seconds.
    To select an entire paragraph: Keep touching for about three seconds, and the entire paragraph is selected.
    To select this paragrah AND the next paragraph: Keep holding a fourth second.
    ...and so on, the fifth second will select the subsequent paragraph; another second the next, etc.
    Comments: Too often, I found myself making the first selection, releasing my finger, and dragging the blue marker down with another finger. Keeping your one finger ON that selection each additional second gives you further selection of the full sentence, or next paragraph, and so on.

Posted via CB10
    A billion thanks.... This is the best find yet. that was driving me nuts!

You rock!

Posted via CB10
    mrQue, Shrekmachine and Revampd like this.
    03-14-13 01:16 AM
    please help.
    i am getting black square boxes in my bbm instead of symbols and letters.
    03-14-13 05:41 AM
    Hahaha....nice one! The one about just showing the Hub Icons is a cracker.
    03-14-13 10:38 AM
    If you're playing a song and want to go back to the track listings or albums, instead of hitting the back button you can simply swipe left to right on the screen.

BB10 Tips, Tricks and other cool stuff-ticats.jpg
    Snap51 likes this.
    03-14-13 07:42 PM
    for Z10 and Playbook owners

you can video call yourself if both devices are attached to a single BBID and you dont need to remember the pin on both devices to do it.
    03-15-13 08:05 AM
    I don't remember from before but now the keyboard in the twitter app remembers your previous hashtags. They show up as soon as you hit #, then predictive text kicks in with the previous hashtags hanging on top of each respective letter.
    its not a keyboard thing, its a twitter for BB thing....i am still using the 10.0.9 OS and i have this feature in twitter. as soon as you type hash, all your saved hash tags drop down and you can pick from the list
    03-15-13 08:11 AM
    rebooting BB Hub -- swipe down 5 times from the top right
    03-15-13 09:36 AM
    In Docs To Go you can very easily select a word in the last line by pressing and holding anywhere directly below that word. Then you can just type a replacement or flick up the suggestion. It makes it just that little bit easier to fine tune your thoughts.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-13 08:48 AM
    Does anyone know if you can change the size of the time on the z10 lock screen?
    03-18-13 02:07 PM
    I found the following trick in Blackberry World. When you download and install and app, there's no quick way to open it. What you can do is, swipe down from the top bezel ->Downloads. There, you can click on Open beside a newly installed app.
    03-18-13 05:00 PM
    I love this thread. I'm not sure if this was already know.

You can swipe the keyboard up with two fingers from the bezel, on the contacts screen to search instead of clicking on the search button. This brings up the keyboard and you just start typing the persons name. Same with BBM.

Coming from the 9900 this is how I always went about composing messages. I was kind of disappointed by having to reach up to click on the field in BBM as lazy as that sounds. But I find when you do that as much as I do I want it to be as efficient as possible. I don't like waiting.
    03-23-13 04:38 PM
    Not sure if this one was mentioned before.

You can delete messages in the Hub in one motion. Just tab and hold the message you want to delete. Then, drag is all the way to Delete icon and let go.
    Shrekmachine likes this.
    03-25-13 01:23 PM
    i double tap space bar but there is no period happen......any suggestion? to make one line period (some kind of enter without sending chat)
    03-26-13 11:54 PM
    Reader works very well in forums. For example, if you haven't done so already, try reading this thread in the browser and turn on the reader mode. You'll be pleasantly surprised

Posted via CB10
    03-30-13 09:37 AM
    Precise cursor control while editing text: tap in your text. A magnifier appears. Tap the left/right/top/bottom rim of the magnifier to move the cursor in that direction.
    This makes life SOOOOO much easier!
    04-02-13 02:12 AM
    When the screen is still locked but the back light is on, if you swipe in an upside down "V" direction from the BB logo, up and back down, it will turn the backlight off without pressing the top lock button
    The 'V' isn't necessary. You can just swipe up and then all the way down until the backlight turns off.
    04-02-13 02:23 AM
    Is there any way to turn on some sort of "accelerated scrolling"? All I can say is that it is painful going through my contacts list right now.
    04-04-13 08:40 PM
    I was trying out Angry Birds Star Wars yesterday. And for the life of me I couldn't figure out how to exit the application, though I managed to do it once. Is there a trick for this?
    I was happy to find that i can still swipe in games to go to the main screen.

Anyway .... they make this difficult for a reason. In games, you could just be gesturing anywhere. Start at the bottom center of the game, swipe up quickly. It works great once you get it.

But like I said, if you are off-center just a little bit, it won't work. You have to be dead center.
    04-04-13 08:54 PM
    Is there any way to turn on some sort of "accelerated scrolling"? All I can say is that it is painful going through my contacts list right now.
    It's quite quick if you pull your finger lightly along the vertical row of alphabetical letters along the right side of the Contacts app.
    CDM76 likes this.
    04-04-13 09:36 PM
    I was happy to find that i can still swipe in games to go to the main screen.

Anyway .... they make this difficult for a reason. In games, you could just be gesturing anywhere. Start at the bottom center of the game, swipe up quickly. It works great once you get it.

But like I said, if you are off-center just a little bit, it won't work. You have to be dead center.
    Umm I don't think you have to be dead centre as least I know I don't, not to say you can just do it from the corner or anything though. But it is a feature to stop u accidentally swiping out of the game.
    If your game was is landscape mode, keep the phone in landscape, hold your finger on the bezel for a second or too and the swipe it up.
    Bare in mind if it was a game in landscape mode then u need to swipe out in landscape mode

Posted via CB10 from my Z10
    04-05-13 03:10 AM
    It's quite quick if you pull your finger lightly along the vertical row of alphabetical letters along the right side of the Contacts app.
    Not to mention, that if you know the name of the contact you're looking for, you need not even open the Contacts App. Just use the Search (magnifying glass) on the home screen and start typing part of the persons name. It will pop up on the screen.
    Much quicker than wading through hundreds or thousands of contacts.
    04-05-13 10:56 AM
    You can delete messages in the Hub in one motion. Just tab and hold the message you want to delete. Then, drag is all the way to Delete icon and let go.
    Also, if you want to delete & select multiple emails: tap the 3 dots (bottom right)>tap Select More>tap as many emails you'd like>tap the Trash Can icon>Answer question box to Delete?

Love this feature because you can select any email & can scroll down to quickly clean up the email inbox. On my BB Bold, it required much more effort.
    elGuapoTorres likes this.
    04-06-13 08:18 AM
    Also, if you want to delete & select multiple emails: tap the 3 dots (bottom right)>tap Select More>tap as many emails you'd like>tap the Trash Can icon>Answer question box to Delete?

Love this feature because you can select any email & can scroll down to quickly clean up the email inbox. On my BB Bold, it required much more effort.
    Depends which bold. My bold 9900 was still faster than that. Double touch the top email, scroll the the last one, then delete. Or for short spans of email, touch the first and last email at the same time to select all in between. Having to tap every email is extremely slow, and I hope they bring back the old select interface from the OS6/7 touchscreen phones, it wouldn't interfere with the hub at all, because currently those gestures do nothing.

Posted via CB10
    04-08-13 06:01 PM
    If you are in the clock with an alarm set, there is a small orange dot around the face. This represents the position of the hour hand when the alarm will go off. Grabbing the dot and dragging it around the face will change the alarm time, in 5 minute increments, with a digital readout of what you are dragging to.

Very cool!
    04-09-13 03:50 PM
235 ... 56789 ...