Am looking for a good way to cycle through emails. After I read the email (or item in the hub) I just want to read the next one rather than side swiping and going back to the hub and selecting the next one. Is there an easy and quick way to 'read next' and/or 'read previous'?
    This one is coming in a future update. The gesture will be to swipe halfway to the right and then shift your finger up or down to read the next or previous message. It's present in 10.2 leaks but none are very stable at the moment.
    07-19-13 11:33 PM
    ^^

This method is working on 10.1.0.4xxx
    Shrekmachine likes this.
    07-25-13 02:27 PM
    COOOL! .....
    07-26-13 12:35 AM
    Sending a tweet from home screen. Type Tweet or Tw followed by a space and tweet away or Facebook. Who needs widgets lol
    07-29-13 09:16 AM
    Use with caution, several times I had zoomed in and then not able to pan or zoom out! The only option was to reboot and then hope zoom out would work (since you're still zoomed in, even after a reboot).
    Zoom back out by swiping down from the top bezel with two fingers.
    07-30-13 09:53 PM
    This one is coming in a future update. The gesture will be to swipe halfway to the right and then shift your finger up or down to read the next or previous message. It's present in 10.2 leaks but none are very stable at the moment.
    On the Q10, press the P or N key...
    07-30-13 10:17 PM
    Can't believe this hasn't been posted...on the Z10, swipe left on the keyboard to delete the previous word. Same gesture using 2 fingers to delete 2 words. 3 fingers for 3 words, etc..
    DocDRM likes this.
    07-30-13 10:19 PM
    Woofhaven, exciting, isn't it, when you discover something new on your BlackBerry?

These are well known and documented, but a reminder never hurts and will likely be seen for the first time by a few people because you posted it.

Posted via CB10
    nothingworks likes this.
    07-30-13 11:14 PM
    Z10 - hide keyboard with 1 finger instead of 2.
    Do a quick swipe up and then back down from bottom screen bezel , just enough to start minimizing the app and you will hide it. This appears to just be a good glitch where the OS thinks you are minimizing the app by swiping it away, but a downward swipe puts it back, but without the keyboard open
    This is much quicker and more intuitive than holding the keyboard or somehow doing the finger gymnastics to get 2 fingers on screen for a swipe down

Posted via CB10
    08-02-13 02:16 PM
    I just discovered a faster way than doing things from the hub. (I know right?)

Press universal search on Z or just start typing on Q. Tw for tweeting, fb, for fb statuses and Em for email then space and your message.
    jugoes likes this.
    08-08-13 10:59 AM
    Not sure if it has been posted yet (did not read all 9 pages 0

You can share a photo or delete it from the preview panel.

1. After taking a picture the photo you took is in a thumbnail on the bottom left of the screen, touch it and swipe towards the centre of the screen
    2. the option to share or delete will appear on the right side.
    09-29-13 08:17 AM
    I'm not sure of posted yet but a quick tip.

Missing the trackpad from BBOS because you want to highlight what you last wrote? You can press shift and TAP where you want to highlight until.

That tip helps me move on from the trackpad. Used to miss it for that.

Works on my Q10 10.1.0.4200
    10-05-13 06:46 PM
    Another tip:

If you want to message someone from WITHIN an app, use the share feature
    Luke Congreve likes this.
    10-05-13 07:21 PM
    im using 10.2.0.1725 on my z10, and i just realised, when im browsing, if i swipe down to reveal the page header, and then tap it, the z10 scrolls up to the top of the page...

my mind was like...blown
    10-06-13 10:40 PM
    Thanks to the OP and everyone who is sharing. I left my Bold to come to a Z10 and the trackball is sorely missed but I am finding the keyboard to be pretty decent for a touchscreen.
    11-10-13 09:01 AM
    I'm not sure of posted yet but a quick tip.

Missing the trackpad from BBOS because you want to highlight what you last wrote? You can press shift and TAP where you want to highlight until.

That tip helps me move on from the trackpad. Used to miss it for that.

Works on my Q10 10.1.0.4200
    You can do that with the z too. Just place the cursor to the start point and then hold shift key and you just move your finger to highlight the text.
    11-10-13 10:25 PM
    Alt+Left Shift is Alt-Lock
    Alt+Right Shift is Shift-Lock (aka Caps Lock)
    03-09-14 11:42 PM
    Couldn't find this documented anywhere, but you can open an app on your phone via voice commands. Discovered this while driving the other day, invoked the voice command and asked it to "open gadget box" as I wanted to check my speed through that app's GPS speedo. First time it opened the Box app so I tried again, this time asked it to "open gadget" and sure enough it opened Gadget Box for me

So, "open" as a voice command works just fine on my Z10 runnning 10.2.1.2141.

To be useful through you need to have your phone off the lockscreen, so you may need to swipe, or click the power button to get it off the lock screen, then you can use the open command and you'll be able to see the opened app running. In Gadget Box you can set the speedo to be the default tool opened so you can quickly get your GPS speedo displayed.
    zocster likes this.
    03-17-14 05:21 PM
    don't know if this has been listed. but if you want to select all if the mail in your inbox. all you have to do is hold down your finger on a day... ie sunday... it then highlights all the emails before and including your selected date.

no more selecting hundreds of f individual emails for me.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-14 04:57 PM
    don't know if this has been listed. but if you want to select all if the mail in your inbox. all you have to do is hold down your finger on a day... ie sunday... it then highlights all the emails before and including your selected date.

no more selecting hundreds of f individual emails for me.

Posted via CB10
    Pretty sure it's been covered here ... so will keep it going ...
    04-20-14 05:11 PM
    Sorry if common knowledge, but you can use Shift Backspace to Delete. (This was not available on PB.)

It is a great feature, but I have one complaint: If you hold down Shift Backspace, after all characters to the right of the cursor have been deleted it will start to backspace over characters on the left. It would be better if it just stopped.
    04-27-14 09:59 AM
    You do not need to connect your BlackBerry 10 device to your computer via USB. As long as both the device and computer are on the same network, the device is accessible. This is how I used Google Chrome PlayBook add-on and BlackBerry Link.

The article on installing Snap asks you to connect the device via USB but this is unnecessary. Just use the IP address for the WiFi connection instead of USB to connect to Chrome.
    05-24-14 12:39 PM
    I've done a search, but i didn't find what i wanted. Is BB10 OS working with profiles the way Symbian does ? On my Nokia C2, i've copied the default profile into a new one i've modified; also i've modified the silent profile. But this is not i'm asking; the key question is whether that i can program the silent profile to be operational from 9pm to 7am, after which automatically the SO to switch to the other /default profile. I've asked this question also on WP8 forums, and only on the 8.1 update will be available. Why ? How the SO's evolve, that are missing key things that old software has? Very puzzling. Also handroid doesn't have this profile automation thing. yeei
    06-20-14 11:42 AM
    Not sure if this is universal feature or just Whatsapp. So I was typing really fast in Whatsapp and I typed something like it or ti and when I pressed space it changed to current time. That's a cool feature. Is that built in? And what is the shortcut to display time.

Posted via CB10
    07-11-14 01:40 PM
    Long time Blackberry shortcuts..
    LT = local time
    LD = local date (except when you're trying to type LD as in long distance...)
    pragnesh89 likes this.
    07-11-14 09:15 PM
235 ... 78910