How can you send pictures in a reduced file size by email? This was a feature in OS6. Useful for sending multiple pictures fast without choking someones email with a large MB message.
    04-10-13 12:45 PM
    You press and hold the space bar (not tab key) to hide the keyboard. It has diagram of tiny keyboard with a downward (pointing to bb insignia )
    Shrekmachine likes this.
    04-12-13 12:36 PM
    is there a way to add a phone number from my call list to my contacts list?thanks
    04-13-13 06:28 PM
    is there a way to add a phone number from my call list to my contacts list?thanks

Sooo easy....

Just long press the number in the call log and a set of icons appears to the right. It's the icon of a person's head with a plus sign. Instead of lifting your finger at the end of the long press, just slide your finger along to the icon and then lift it off the screen. Really smooth and cool.
    schiri likes this.
    04-13-13 06:41 PM
    Press and hold the number while in the call list then flow to the right and select Add to Contacts.
    04-13-13 06:41 PM
    Universal Search is awesome. Of the different options of launching apps, between the active frames home screen, and the grid of icon pages, I find Universal search (U.S.) to often be the most efficient way of opening apps.

The feature that makes it work is the icon history of the last few things that you launched. Unlike the active frames which can only fit four at a time without scrolling, you can see more than a dozen in the U.S. results. Therefore you are more likely to find your app there. Plus if you start typing in letters, the list filters down very quickly.

Another tip: Settings show up in there too. I find myself going back to the settings for brightness constantly. Ordinarily this would require many steps and fumbling around. The quickest way by far to get here is to hit U.S., start typing "di" and it's there.
    southlander and Bungalow_Bill like this.
    04-14-13 02:47 PM
    Thanks cool list.
    2 things I see missing
    The tip you gave for the browser can also be done in the Hub.
    Another is the tip on how to see the six month view in the calendar
    Read here http://forums.crackberry.com/blackberry-10-os-f269/complete-gesture-list-795363-new/
    04-15-13 01:08 AM
    How do you copy / save the link for a video posted on Facebook?
    04-17-13 12:00 AM
    In the calculator, if you type a number before the memory key, it will multiply both together. For example, if you have 8 in memory and you type 2M, the answer will be 16. Same thing for MM, the answer will be 64.
    04-22-13 04:00 PM
    Why is this still pinned? Everything listed is common sense and the OP clearly hasn't been updated in quite a while with all of the new gestures discovered. And I'm sure as hell not reading through all 8 pages.
    04-23-13 03:05 PM
    Although some posts have no place here (like posts asking questions, and yours, and mine) but some of the posts here are still relevant. If you don't want to read all 8 pages, that's your choice but I fail to see the reason to complain about it...

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by sylvaing; 04-23-13 at 08:47 PM.
    04-23-13 05:39 PM
    If you have many saved WiFi connections and you want to quickly prioritize their order, go to Network Connections > WiFi > Saved, tap+hold+drag a connection up and down without having to use the Reorder button below. Saves an extra step and is super quick! I find this useful because I have many saved connections.

Now if only BlackBerry could implement that tap+hold+drag feature in the browser bookmarks section so we can all quickly rearrange bookmarks, that would be amazing!

Posted via CB10 / Z10 / 10.0.10.85
    04-29-13 05:02 PM
    So I have a question.....and yes I have searched

When in bedside mode, and alarm set, and it rings in the morning, how do you dismiss or snooze it? I tap the screen and it stops, but then the pop up to do so will show 5 min later.
    Used to be easy on BBOS. I'm sure there is a way, I'm just not getting it, lol.
    05-09-13 08:00 AM
    Turn off the alarm by sliding it to off.

Posted via CB10
    05-09-13 10:26 PM
    how to you call a contact from a bbm conversation or a text chat???seems to be a major oversight imo.
    05-10-13 04:15 PM
    In BB10.1, you don't switch to landscape mode to view the scientific calculator, you simply swipe right to access the scientific functions.

Posted via CB10
    dan_slack likes this.
    05-14-13 08:26 PM
    Does anyone know how to find lists in the Twitter app?
    I read its a scaled down version. Not available.
    05-14-13 11:19 PM
    So I have a question.....and yes I have searched

When in bedside mode, and alarm set, and it rings in the morning, how do you dismiss or snooze it? I tap the screen and it stops, but then the pop up to do so will show 5 min later.
    Used to be easy on BBOS. I'm sure there is a way, I'm just not getting it, lol.
    When the alarm goes off, tap it to snooze. To turn snooze off, tap the bottom and turn snooze off will appear. For me this only shows in portrait.
    hamsterwheel likes this.
    05-15-13 12:13 AM
    How can one get a folder to display on their main page as basically an app icon for quick access, or is this possible?...was able to copy/paste or move a file folder to main page on the Torch.
    06-10-13 11:06 AM
    How can one get a folder to display on their main page as basically an app icon for quick access, or is this possible?...was able to copy/paste or move a file folder to main page on the Torch.
    Tap and hold the folder icon until it blinks then you can drag it to whatever page you want

Posted via CB10
    06-10-13 05:01 PM
    1) Text a number in your call log: From call log, long press on number, select "info" from right side popup menu. Hidden here is an option to text message that number (appears to be an awkward afterthought, let's hope it's made more accessible net OS update).
    2) Add contents of email to calendar: From email, long press, select elipsis/3 dots from right side popup menu, and select "invite to meeting", set time and date. Be sure to delete the sender's email address if you just intend the information for your calendar alone (or leave it if in fact you intend to schedule a meeting with the sender).
    southlander and dan_slack like this.
    07-01-13 10:35 AM
    I think he's talking about a folder in the file manager (containing docs or other files presumably), not an app folder.
    07-01-13 10:36 AM
    Tap and hold the folder icon until it blinks then you can drag it to whatever page you want

I think he's talking about a folder in the file manager (containing docs or other files presumably), not an app folder.
    Posted via CB10
    07-01-13 10:37 AM
    Am looking for a good way to cycle through emails. After I read the email (or item in the hub) I just want to read the next one rather than side swiping and going back to the hub and selecting the next one. Is there an easy and quick way to 'read next' and/or 'read previous'?
    07-18-13 11:07 AM
    Am looking for a good way to cycle through emails. After I read the email (or item in the hub) I just want to read the next one rather than side swiping and going back to the hub and selecting the next one. Is there an easy and quick way to 'read next' and/or 'read previous'?
    Not sure that there is a shortcut. A double finger down or up gesture would be cool (assuming hte keyboard is not up where a double finger down gesture hides the keyboard)
    07-19-13 09:43 PM
235 ... 678910