I just find this out:

Press and hold and move left/right on the navigation dots on the home screen will allow you to cycle the app screens, the active frames screen and the hub.
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    02-10-13 10:09 AM
    While in bedside mode when the alarm sounds, touch the screen to snooze, swipe up from the bottom (unlock gesture) to dismiss

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    cindaaaay likes this.
    02-10-13 02:37 PM
    While in bedside mode when the alarm sounds, touch the screen to snooze, swipe up from the bottom (unlock gesture) to dismiss

Going to be a challenge remembering that at 6 in the morning.

02-10-13 03:59 PM
    True that

02-10-13 04:47 PM
    how to completley delete an app

you need to go on to BB World>My World select the App you want to delete they drag it to the trash can and choose uninstall
    or else the app returns when you restart your phone
    02-10-13 05:38 PM
    how to completley delete an app

you need to go on to BB World>My World select the App you want to delete they drag it to the trash can and choose uninstall
    or else the app returns when you restart your phone
    I've never deleted through app world and I don't have that problem. Deleted apps stay deleted even when doing it through the icon.
    02-10-13 07:32 PM
    Re: Rejecting an Auto Correct On Purpose

Sometimes, you type in acronym or some word that is currently not included in your device's dictionary and when you press the space bar, it automatically substitutes a different word from what you intended. You can override this easily by allowing the substitution to take place (after you press the space bar of course), then immediately swiping to the left on the keyboard. This replaces the substitution with the original text you typed in. On numerous occasions I've seen this take place when I was typing out a message. I came across this by fluke. Don't take my word for it course, so please try and confirm.

Edit: So based on some positive feedback, seems to work for others as well.
    The word you've type is also available by simply flicking up the space bar.

Precise cursor control while editing text: tap in your text. A magnifier appears. Tap the left/right/top/bottom rim of the magnifier to move the cursor in that direction.
    Cool didn't know that. Also, double tapping a word selects it.

I have another way to hide the key board with one finger. If you put your finger/thumb on the emoticon area of the keyboard and swipe down, the keyboard will disappear. Using two fingers was frustrating and holding the space bar took too long to minimize (remember that BB people do... ) This is probably one of the most amazing finds.

EDIT: Only works in BBM and Text. It is better than nothing for sure.
    Or simply touch anywhere (but the keyboard of course) on the BBM screen app to hide the keyboard.

tapping volume down reduces the volume once its down to nothing if you press down again it puts phone into silent (bell with line through comes up next to battery and phone vibrates to confirm), pressing volume up puts notifications back on again and phone again vibrates to confirm.
    LOL, that's how I managed to put my phone in silent mode. Glad to know this so it doesn't happen again.

Ok, so once again it's an extra step. Good job RIM!

I wonder if the Q10 will require you to hit the icon of if you can start typing away.
    So, on the PlayBook, swipe from the corner to show the keyboard (there is no universal search on the PlayBook so that's useless from the main screen). That's one gesture. On the Z10, press the Search icon to bring up the universal search box and the keyboard. Still just one gesture. I fail to see the issue here.
    Last edited by sylvaing; 02-10-13 at 11:16 PM.
    02-10-13 10:42 PM
    Just realized you can swipe up when browsing categories in BlackBerry world to apply sorting and more filtering.

02-11-13 05:12 PM
    You can still swipe up from the bottom main bezel, however you must first tilt the device back to how you would usually hold it eg in portrait mode. The accelerometer clearly has a role to play, or you could just vs wipe up from the long side bezel, hut then you can't peek into the hub, merely exit the app.

anon(5639363) likes this.
    02-11-13 05:35 PM
    Just realized you can swipe up when browsing categories in BlackBerry world to apply sorting and more filtering.
    I can't seem to replicate this. What did you swipe?
    02-11-13 07:23 PM
    Not swipe up, down actually. When you're looking at apps from a specific category, from top of the list, touch and hold the menu line a second then swipe down and these options will show.

jarrodmeyer and joesworld like this.
    02-11-13 09:02 PM
    In calculator, rotate the phone into landscape when in "standard" mode to access a scientific calculator.

In the main settings dropdown, the icons toggle (wifi, bluetooth, etc), but the text opens a menu.

This is a gmail problem, but the remember app (using a gmail account) will not give the normal options for audio/video/attachments as gmail does not support them, just create a new folder and use that instead.

Semi-hidden settings that are rare/unique:
    Under settings > accessibility there is an option to enable pinch-zoom in any app.
    Under wifi > advanced, there is network tools such as ping, traceroute and dns lookup.

Also, the tips from the main page need to be in here because they will get buried in more recent news.

How to restart the BlackBerry 10 Hub easily using this awesome five swipe gesture! | CrackBerry.com
    5 swipes from the top right corner of the hub to restart hub (I have had it freeze once and had to restart the phone, very annoying).

Must Know BlackBerry 10 Tip - Using the "Compact Sidebar" will let you jump around the BlackBerry Hub and within apps FAST! | CrackBerry.com
    Hold and left swipe on the back icon to swipe back to the main app page (rather than the last screen)
    jarrodmeyer likes this.
    02-11-13 10:16 PM
    Calender
    Swipe down to show 6 months of the year and then swipe left or right to go forward or backward 6 months

Hub
    Save an email in a folder (menu on the right) and then in settings say to hide messages once they have been filed
    02-12-13 02:56 AM
    Any notice that instead of swipping across the different app panes/drawers, you can just drag your finger over the little squares below for quicker movement. So if you have 5-6 pages of apps, it is easier to get to the last one by just dragging your finger to the end. Sorry, if someone has already posted this.
    02-12-13 09:20 AM
    Any notice that instead of swipping across the different app panes/drawers, you can just drag your finger over the little squares below for quicker movement. So if you have 5-6 pages of apps, it is easier to get to the last one by just dragging your finger to the end. Sorry, if someone has already posted this.
    Yes, you can also tap the dot you want (without dragging)
    02-12-13 10:29 AM
    Semi-hidden settings that are rare/unique:
    Under settings > accessibility there is an option to enable pinch-zoom in any app.
    Use with caution, several times I had zoomed in and then not able to pan or zoom out! The only option was to reboot and then hope zoom out would work (since you're still zoomed in, even after a reboot).
    semperfi45 likes this.
    02-12-13 05:15 PM
    Similar to the tip that Kevin posted about having just the compact tab open in the Hub, the same can be done for the browser. You can set the slider to the compact view if you're switching between open tabs in the browser.
    02-13-13 08:35 AM
    When in the phone app, pull/swipe down to see your phone number.
    shaunj539 and jarrodmeyer like this.
    02-13-13 03:58 PM
    I like grouping icons by types in folders on the home screen. How do I create folders?
    02-13-13 09:49 PM
    I like grouping icons by types in folders on the home screen. How do I create folders?
    Make them wiggle then drag one icon on to another

02-13-13 09:52 PM
    you referenced here Blackberry Z10 Tips
    semperfi45 likes this.
    02-14-13 08:03 PM
    If you are like me ,hands always full and use a BT headset , the new voice control is Fantastic .You can voice dial ,search the internet or ask "what time it is " and it will tell you .
    Vorkosigan and battery like this.
    02-14-13 08:19 PM
    If you swipe down from the top of the calculator app there are a bunch of goodies, namely a currency converter and a tip calculator! Pretty awesome haha
    semperfi45 likes this.
    02-16-13 07:41 AM
    Not sure if this is new or not but I often just need to switch between normal sounds and vibrate only (for meetings etc). To quickly do this from the drop down menu, just initially set your preferences in the settings menu but before leaving the menu, select vibrate or silent or any other mode than normal. Close out of the settings menu and on your main screen swipe down and click on the notifications icon. This will now toggle between normal and your last setting. Method seems to work most of the time.

Sent from my Z10
    02-17-13 08:42 PM
    From the BlackBerry support forums:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/.../2179395#M5283

For selecting text on a webpage, blog, email or other:

To select one word: Touch and hold the word you want to select for about a second.
    To select one full sentence: Keep touching and holding the same for about two seconds.
    To select an entire paragraph: Keep touching for about three seconds, and the entire paragraph is selected.
    To select this paragrah AND the next paragraph: Keep holding a fourth second.
    ...and so on, the fifth second will select the subsequent paragraph; another second the next, etc.
    Comments: Too often, I found myself making the first selection, releasing my finger, and dragging the blue marker down with another finger. Keeping your one finger ON that selection each additional second gives you further selection of the full sentence, or next paragraph, and so on.

Posted via CB10
    02-20-13 12:14 PM
235 ... 34567 ...