i am trying to get my contacts on my Z10 via outlooks active sync. no luck at all. is it a BB issue or outlook issue. my Bes server has not yet updated to Bes 10 so i need to use active sync until its updated. anyone else having issues with outlooks active sync
    02-05-13 10:20 AM
    Visit the Microsoft site at How to configure Outlook to connect to an outlook.com email account for details on updating Outlook to active sync with Outlook.com so you can get the Z10 to update contacts and calendar data. FYI, this works great with the Playbook as well.

There is a learning curve to get the sync to work (it also takes a little while for the Outlook.com sync to kick in an update the Z10. I set mine up last night and picked up my Z10 this morning - all my calendar appointments transferred over and now just getting the contacts.
    02-05-13 10:33 AM
    Visit the Microsoft site at How to configure Outlook to connect to an outlook.com email account for details on updating Outlook to active sync with Outlook.com so you can get the Z10 to update contacts and calendar data. FYI, this works great with the Playbook as well.

There is a learning curve to get the sync to work (it also takes a little while for the Outlook.com sync to kick in an update the Z10. I set mine up last night and picked up my Z10 this morning - all my calendar appointments transferred over and now just getting the contacts.
    thank you but this is showing me if i have outlook.com email address. my problem is my email that was on bes corp domain. i need to use active sync and all works except contacts.
    Last edited by fantom555; 02-05-13 at 02:39 PM.
    02-05-13 02:04 PM
    Mine is working no problem. Setup was exactly like the Playbook with basically the same settings. It asked me for email address, domain, external reachable exchange server address and password.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-05-13 02:12 PM
    Activesync has to be enabled for your mailbox

If it's not, it won't work

*edit* just realized you said only contacts aren't working

not sure about that
    02-05-13 02:19 PM
    Check under the account settings for that email. There should be sliders for Mail, Contacts and Calendar. Make sure Contacts is enabled.
    02-05-13 02:32 PM
    all are enabled. my guess there is a bug for contacts because my friend has same issue.
    02-05-13 04:19 PM
    This is working on my device. Is you friend on the same Exchange server by any chance?
    02-05-13 04:56 PM
    I'm having the same issue here.... I was on BES, then went to active sync, and now everything appeared to work except contacts. Only a handful of contacts transferred (maybe 15 out of hundreds).

Any more ideas on this?
    02-12-13 08:10 AM
    Any update on this? I have a few clients, using exchange and active sync. They all have the same issue
    02-13-13 01:40 PM
    I had this problem and my exchange provider could not figure it out. While at lunch today I went into the settings for the exchange account and turned off contact sync and saved the settings. I then went back in and turned contact sync back on and it started to receive my contacts.

Ps my provider also had me turn off memo sync when I first approached them about this. It didn't solve the issue but I still don't have it turned on.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-13-13 02:25 PM
    A client has the same problem here...

First the phone contacts didn't sync over from the previous Blackberry...
    Now the MS Exchange contacts won't sync with the Z10...
    Emails and calendar works.
    02-15-13 02:28 PM
    ***BUMP****

has anyone found a solution to this. I am trying to set the z10 up using activesync for contacts and calanders only. it shows that it connects to the server but then no sycning :S the person i am trying to set this up for works for a school district and was interested in trying to get z10 deployed but if i cant figure this out then it wont happen :S i want to help BB make a sale LOL
    04-05-13 10:31 AM
    You have my sympathies. I am having the same problem. My agency uses MEA as well. I am not sure of the version. Anyway it seems to only sync contacts when you delete and restablish the account. For a short period then its gone. I have tried setting up the account several different ways including the advanced mode as an activesync account and the results are the same. However, on occassion the sync will work for no apparent reason. Out of the blue. Entering a contact on the company computer will result in a that new contact appearing in my BB10 almost immediately. It will work like this for about an hour, sometimes less. It seems as if the exchange server and BB stop communicating. My Playbook handles it flawlessly. Why the BB10? I suspect its a bug that needs correcting. It might have to do with the communication protocol that is established between the server and the phone. Haven't found a good answer yet.
    04-05-13 06:20 PM
    BTW. The calendar and emails work great. Very little lag. I haven't tried tasks and memos yet. But something tells me they will fail as well. Seems like a basic function for a phone that got its reputation built on its success in the business world. I am assuming this as well as many other obvious bugs will begin to be resolved in the next 6 months. Assuming RIM is listening.
    04-05-13 06:25 PM
    I am now having the same problem. I didn't have the problem initially but then some contacts disappeared...

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 05:25 AM
    We are using MS exchange 2010 with the default options. On the phone my IT set the sync folders for email, turned on sync for contacts and calendars etc and everything came over instantly. Older MS exchange may have different options and may have to enable contacts to sync. Sorry not much help but giving you my story. It's definitely a set up issue.

Posted from my Z10
    04-11-13 09:43 AM