Hi, I'm looking for any t-mo user's from Hungary. I need the APN settings from someone using a Z10 or Q10 bought from the carrier. The APN settings listed on the internet are not bringing BlackBerry services (notably bbm) to my unlocked Z30. I've read threads from other users from different countries in the same circumstance where the services don't come through for unlocked BB10 devices (only on wifi). Before I go change my sim I'm hoping to see if the settings are different for those that bought them directly from the carrier.

Thanks in advance.

Posted from that new Z30
    03-22-14 04:01 PM
    Can anyone help here?
    03-22-14 11:21 PM
    Bump bump

Posted from that new Z30
    03-24-14 02:13 AM
    For for its new location!
    03-29-14 05:25 PM
    Thanks pk, bumping..

Posted from that new Z30
    03-30-14 04:30 AM
    You have to buy BIS from them in order to use BBM on the T-Mobile HU network. (Yes, it's a shame... ).
    In order to use any other functionality (except BBM) of the BB10, use 'Internet' for the APN.
    The other hungarian operators such as Vodafone and Telenor don't have the above limitation for BB10 smartphones regarding to BBM.
    pkcable and ediggity like this.
    03-30-14 05:00 AM
    You have to buy BIS from them in order to use BBM on the T-Mobile HU network. (Yes, it's a shame... ).
    In order to use any other functionality (except BBM) of the BB10, use 'Internet' for the APN.
    The other hungarian operators such as Vodafone and Telenor don't have the above limitation for BB10 smartphones regarding to BBM.
    Yes I already use the Internet setting, so thanks for that part. But are you serious about BIS on there network ? That is absolutely ridiculous and doesn't make any sense...I may actually consider switching just because of this. I'm on a corporate plan so it doesn't matter which carrier I use since the deal is pretty cheap. Thanks for the heads up...

Posted from that new Z30
    03-30-14 05:25 AM
    No need for BIS, and you can only subscribe for BIS if you have a contract, which I don't. I use their top-up service 'Domino' and a cheap VPN to be able to use BBM and almost anything.

However, you have to disconnect from VPN if you want to use Spotify, plus having a VPN connection drains the battery faster.

Anyways, the APN should be 'internet' and if you don't have BIS but want to use BBM, check out VPNme in BB world. It's around 2€ per month, while BIS would cost 3€ per month on top of a 26-30€ basic monthly fee.
    07-03-14 03:30 AM
    blackberry.net APN doesnt work with 4g, make sure to set network mode to 3g&2g because your plan may already include BIS, for example the NEXT plans do
    07-03-14 04:03 AM
    Just bumping this thread as it appears there has been a change for the better. When I get home at night I always turn off my data and turn on my wifi to conserve it as I'm on a short 1 GB plan.

This morning I turned on my data when I left my house and saw that the BB symbol stayed on. I said this has to be a mistake. So I sent some test BBM messages and they went through the same day that T-Mo announces 10.3.2 is being pushed out. It may be a coincidence, maybe not. I'm was actually in the middle of porting over to Vodafone because they provide BB services anyway, and I believe I will continue to do so anyway.

So this is for anyone on Telekom's Hungary network. Enjoy!

Back on that Z30
    06-17-15 02:30 AM
    Fast.T-mobile.com

Posted via CB10
    06-17-15 02:40 AM
    Sorry not sure what the above means. Is that supposed to be an APN setting? It's not needed as "Internet" is working. I've been using BBM all day with no issues.

Back on that Z30
    06-17-15 10:05 AM
    BIS is required by Hungarian T if you want to use BBM. Reps have no idea what they provide, we are in the same boat now. Rep lady keeps pushing us to change our BlackBerry fleet to iPhone 6...

Posted via CB10
    06-17-15 01:37 PM
    BIS is required by Hungarian T if you want to use BBM. Reps have no idea what they provide, we are in the same boat now. Rep lady keeps pushing us to change our BlackBerry fleet to iPhone 6...

Posted via CB10
    As I have explicitly noted above, this is no longer true and BB services are working on the network and not just on wi-fi. Maybe you need to update / change your plan? I'm on a plan that is offered to my company from T-Mo / Telekom (Not with BIS or BES) where I'm currently paying about 4500 Ft ($15-20) / month for 1 GB. Screenshot for proof? Here you go:

BB10 T-Mobile Hungary users-img_20150618_085933.png

This was updated on my phone yesterday, so if you are using a BB10 phone check your settings again; the services should be coming through.

Back on that Z30
    06-18-15 02:16 AM
    Well I guess that was short lived. Seems they do control the ability to turn the services off and on as I was using them for two days, but saw the BB symbol was off again late last night. If I wasn't already switching to Vodafone I would go in and question this and find out what is going on. If any one of you wants to go ahead, please do question them.

Attachment 358342

Attachment 358338

In the above shot which comes from About/Sim Card, the last line should say "Prosumer B."

Back on that Z30
    Last edited by ediggity; 06-19-15 at 01:02 AM.
    06-19-15 12:45 AM