Although it's quad core, nVidia Tegra 3 is not exactly state of the art. In most video benchmarks, it lags behind the Apple A5, which is over a year old and clocked slower, and barely beats the single core A4 at same speeds. In video performance, it's not even in the same league as the A5X, let alone the A6. Not all quad cores are created the same, and by the same token, not all dual cores are created the same.
    not to mention the omap 4470... we are getting omap 4470 right?
    12-24-12 09:31 AM
    not to mention the omap 4470... we are getting omap 4470 right?
    Let's say 75% of the market around the globe. Hehhehe. Just kidding for the persentage.
    12-24-12 09:46 AM
    Let's say 75% of the market around the globe. Hehhehe. Just kidding for the persentage.
    I believe the North American market will get the Snapdragon chip while the other markets get the OMAP. And going by the current market share, it may well be the correct percentage!!
    jerryeight likes this.
    12-24-12 10:02 AM
    Actually sir i did a quick google search after i did this post and found out they did use the chip. My question is why are all the comments so negative, i'm starting to dislike this crackberry site, u cant write 1 freaking post without some *** putting in his 2 cents, i'm on phonescoop gsmarena phonearena and never get responded to like the way i do on crackberry, fyi u have 3000 posts get a life
    Dude, your first line was "I Love the phone but the specs are average." Then your very next post you say "...why is every1 complaining that the specs are average?????" See why it looked like you were having a conversation with yourself? And D_March has over 3,000 HELPFUL posts on this site, and I'm sure has a life, unlike someone that comes here and posts two opposing viewpoints in as many posts.
    jerryeight and grover5 like this.
    12-24-12 10:07 AM
    I believe the North American market will get the Snapdragon chip while the other markets get the OMAP. And going by the current market share, it may well be the correct percentage!!
    Which one is better? S4 pro or OMAP4470? Google search seems to give mixed results.
    12-24-12 10:08 AM
    Which one is better? S4 pro or OMAP4470? Google search seems to give mixed results.
    S4 Pro, if for no other reason than it uses significantly less power at same speeds, and it's smaller for the same number of cores. The Z10 will have S4 Plus.
    12-24-12 10:13 AM
    Old RIM (old CEOs) talked about the integrated LTE chipset and all. Over the long term I do not think anyone has bought it.

The only platform where there is a big specs race is Android and that is because it is a way to differentiate competing handsets that are all built on the same free OS and otherwise very very similar. BlackBerry 10 like iOS and Windows Phone will be a unique platform. If it is smooth and fast no one will care about the specs details all that much.
    pantlesspenguin and grover5 like this.
    12-24-12 10:13 AM
    Old RIM (old CEOs) talked about the integrated LTE chipset and all. Over the long term I do not think anyone has bought it.

The only platform where there is a big specs race is Android and that is because it is a way to differentiate competing handsets that are all built on the same free OS and otherwise very very similar. BlackBerry 10 like iOS and Windows Phone will be a unique platform. If it is smooth and fast no one will care about the specs details all that much.
    Agreed. I care more about features than specs. As long as the transitions are smooth, minimal to non-existant lag, no app crashes, etc I'm golden in that regard.
    southlander likes this.
    12-24-12 10:16 AM
    Hey! The most indepth discussion actually happened here in CrackBerry:

http://forums.crackberry.com/news-ru...sm8960-747451/

kudos to you, crackberrians!
    12-24-12 10:21 AM
    Agreed. I care more about features than specs. As long as the transitions are smooth, minimal to non-existant lag, no app crashes, etc I'm golden in that regard.
    Agreed. But if there is any bull this time (shakes fist in the general direction of RIM...). Lol.

Let's hope it pans out to be as great as it is looking.
    12-24-12 10:22 AM
    Syntax check, 95% similar to poster _________.
    Spelling check - 6 issues
    Punctuation check(complex expression) - 2 issues
    Grammar check(passive voice) - 2 issues

For the mod who gave me 20 points for calling out poster _______ trolling ways please read my disclaimer.
    Disclaimer: this post is for entertainment purposes , any reference to a "real" person is fictional at best.

I Love the phone but the specs are average. I thought RIM told us months ago the main REASON for the delay of BB10 was a Special LTE chip that was not currently out in the market. RIM was waiting for this hardware to be released and thats why BB10 is delayed. The Mysterious LTE Chip RIM Is Betting Its Future On - Forbes Now Rim has said the delay is because they want to make it perfect. Which is it? because the specs in this phone seem outdated (From what I have been reading in the comments) I hope RIM really steps it up with BB10, I think the OS will be flawless (we have waited long enough)
    12-24-12 12:29 PM
    I Love the phone but the specs are average. I thought RIM told us months ago the main REASON for the delay of BB10 was a Special LTE chip that was not currently out in the market. RIM was waiting for this hardware to be released and thats why BB10 is delayed. The Mysterious LTE Chip RIM Is Betting Its Future On - Forbes Now Rim has said the delay is because they want to make it perfect. Which is it? because the specs in this phone seem outdated (From what I have been reading in the comments) I hope RIM really steps it up with BB10, I think the OS will be flawless (we have waited long enough)
    Apple made the right choice in waiting for LTE chips to mature. The end result is all day battery life on a tiny 1440mAH battery. Old LTE chips are a mess.

And as for software, just look at all the android phones. Bugs and poor optimization is the norm.

If RIM is giving it a little more time to get the little stuff right, that's fine with me.
    southlander likes this.
    12-24-12 11:21 PM
    Haha whenever I use my PlayBook outside in public like at school, library, Starbucks ;D people who sit next to me always ask me what it is and go " Wow that screen is amazing!" I think we can honestly say that the screen quality of it is on par if not better than the apple products.
    12-25-12 07:48 PM
38 12