I Love the phone but the specs are average. I thought RIM told us months ago the main REASON for the delay of BB10 was a Special LTE chip that was not currently out in the market. RIM was waiting for this hardware to be released and thats why BB10 is delayed. The Mysterious LTE Chip RIM Is Betting Its Future On - Forbes Now Rim has said the delay is because they want to make it perfect. Which is it? because the specs in this phone seem outdated (From what I have been reading in the comments) I hope RIM really steps it up with BB10, I think the OS will be flawless (we have waited long enough)
    12-23-12 05:06 PM
    They did use the LTE chip I understand but why is every1 complaining that the specs are average?????
    12-23-12 05:09 PM
    Are you having a conversation with yourself? You have both stated the specs are average and then replied by asking why everyone is saying the specs are average.
    12-23-12 05:16 PM
    The rumored BB10 Specs are decent, if not the best, in the market right now, and will remain the case at launch. The two youtube videos showing the Dev Alpha B vs iphone 5 / SGSIII are pretty evident.

What people concerned about is that they are afraid the unreleased BB10 will not be up to par against the unreleased flagship phones such as I6, SGSIV, Note III, Lumia 1020 (I am just making this up :P)
    Jonathank likes this.
    12-23-12 05:21 PM
    The specs are up to par for what it is designed to do, meaning it will run BB10 beautifully. It is not running Android so it doesn't need a quad core to run semi decently. Its like comparing apples to oranges. iPhone has worse specs than a lot of Androids but that makes no difference whatsoever.
    Jonathank likes this.
    12-23-12 05:21 PM
    There are multiple threads on this already...
    12-23-12 05:45 PM
    And again. It's all about spec. Let each of us decide, which one is approriate for their needs. High spec or average or low end.
    12-23-12 06:24 PM
    iPhone has worse specs than a lot of Androids but that makes no difference whatsoever.
    Exactly. Want to shut up an Android fanboy really fast? Ask him to demonstrate apps that showcase the power of a Quadcore Nexus 7 tablet and the advantages they have over apps on an dualcore iPad.

Specs are important to a point, but not the be-all-and-end-all.
    anon(3896606), robkd and Cesare21 like this.
    12-23-12 06:28 PM
    The PlayBook is almost 2 years old, yet specs-wise it can more or less keep up with the new generations of tablets. That's how important specs are for QNX-based devices...
    Toodeurep likes this.
    12-23-12 06:29 PM
    Another thread??? really ? You should join this conversation. http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ressed-758901/
    anon(3896606) likes this.
    12-23-12 06:33 PM
    The rumored BB10 Specs are decent, if not the best, in the market right now, and will remain the case at launch. The two youtube videos showing the Dev Alpha B vs iphone 5 / SGSIII are pretty evident.
    Don't forget about the video of the Dev Alpha beating HTC's new Windows 8 phone
    DJM626 and rotorwrench like this.
    12-23-12 07:05 PM
    If it's got 2gb ram, then it should be fine. Everything on playbook and dev alpha runs great until ram is used up. 2gb should be plenty in view of the eight app limit on the bb10 phone.
    12-23-12 07:07 PM
    Ummmm....OP,u realize the excuses that they were waiting for the LTE chip is from the beginning of the year right when Mike and Jim were still CEO's right? You're bringing up a very old issue aren't u?
    Last edited by Rello; 12-25-12 at 03:25 PM.
    12-23-12 07:32 PM
    Are you having a conversation with yourself? You have both stated the specs are average and then replied by asking why everyone is saying the specs are average.
    Maybe he is one of those people with multiple accounts and thought he was answering his original post with his second account.
    12-23-12 08:04 PM
    The iPhone 5 does not have the worst specs at all. I would argue that it is among the best:
    Camera: better than everything except Lumia 920.
    Storage: competitive with most Android offerings except for the ones with expandable storage like SIII.
    Screen: Pixel density is near the top and screen quality in terms of colour reproduction etc. is top notch; better than SIII and I think as good as HTC One X.
    Processor: people should keep in mind that a quad core does not mean faster than dual core. When architecture is newer/superior, less cores can easily outperform more cores. In this regard Apple's custom A6 is among the best on the market in both CPU and GPU terms and can beat the quad core Exynos 4XXX in SIII which is based on ARM older A9 architecture. I don't remember it's ranking vis-a-vis custom quad core Krait from Qualcomm though.
    Battery: I will concede that iPhone battery is not very high capacity as top of the line Android

Judging by the videos of beta BB10 vs competition, I am heartened to see that it is competitive in real life performance which matters the most in the end of the day. I do say this in light of the revelation from BlackBerryScoop saying that most leaks are controlled so the videos may be rigged, hence the inconsistency in the websites tested. Still judging by my PlayBook with its "old" hardware and my gut feeling BB10 is gonna fly. I think my disppointment will only be that of a tech enthusiast not having the greatest specs if I get the London.

One thing that got me interested is that BlackBerry Scoops said that the leaked specs are not the final deal. Very curious.
    Jan 30 can't come soon enough.
    Drew808 and Roo Zilla like this.
    12-23-12 08:32 PM
    I do believe they were waiting for the chips. The s4 snap dragon that will be in these weren't out yet. Don't worry about the specs. BB will have the best battery life and will handle everything perfectly. I haven't seen a game run poorly on my playbook yet. And it's over 1.5 years old. We have nothing to worry about hardware wise.
    12-23-12 08:35 PM
    Maybe he is one of those people with multiple accounts and thought he was answering his original post with his second account.
    This is exactly what was happening. Amazing how people try to create controversy on this site.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    12-23-12 08:52 PM
    I will take real world performance of any given OS as opposed to the "specs" of the hardware running it. Best example comes from the world of computers. When Microsoft release Vista OS was released a couple of years back.... it did not matter how "souped up" your system was spec wse... Vista ran like a slug..... Had a state of the art computer at the time... did not help matters. Where RIM has an advantage over the competition is that they are staring from a proven OS as its core and creating a new front end... if it performs as all indicators show... it should hum along. IOS is sort of stuck as with each itterition it still has to be capable of running on the first gen IPad and 2nd gen Ipod..... To do this they have sacrifice speed somewhere.... as for Android... there are so many versions out there it is hard to know if the company producing it takes time to optimize it of just does enough to get by.... after all time is money to them..... If BB10 is optimized to run on the current hardware as it is speced.... it should fly... for me that is all I care about... I no longer want to live on the "bleeding edge" of technology.... Found that dane frustrating and expensive.....
    robkd and Branta like this.
    12-23-12 09:40 PM
    The specs are up to par for what it is designed to do, meaning it will run BB10 beautifully. It is not running Android so it doesn't need a quad core to run semi decently. Its like comparing apples to oranges. iPhone has worse specs than a lot of Androids but that makes no difference whatsoever.
    Pretty much the only answer needed for all these threads. Posters who ask this should take it upon themselves to learn how mobile OS'S work, like a responsible and informed consumer
    RubberChicken76 likes this.
    12-23-12 10:02 PM
    Exactly. Want to shut up an Android fanboy really fast? Ask him to demonstrate apps that showcase the power of a Quadcore Nexus 7 tablet and the advantages they have over apps on an dualcore iPad.

Specs are important to a point, but not the be-all-and-end-all.
    Although it's quad core, nVidia Tegra 3 is not exactly state of the art. In most video benchmarks, it lags behind the Apple A5, which is over a year old and clocked slower, and barely beats the single core A4 at same speeds. In video performance, it's not even in the same league as the A5X, let alone the A6. Not all quad cores are created the same, and by the same token, not all dual cores are created the same.
    RubberChicken76 likes this.
    12-23-12 10:53 PM
    Buddy u have 1 post to ur name... u should stay silent, ur a newbie
    12-23-12 11:29 PM
    NO I'm asking why people are complaining why they are not impressed, RIM was waiting for the latest chip and its out and BB10 has it so why do people seem to be disappointed? Thats not bringing up an old issue at all,
    Ummmm....OP,u really the excuses that they were waiting for the LTE chip is from the beginning of the year right when Mike and Jim were still CEO's right? You're bringing up a very old issue aren't u?
    12-23-12 11:38 PM
    Thanks for a great answer.............. Crackberry take note, this is how a response should be, stop being rude.
    i will take real world performance of any given os as opposed to the "specs" of the hardware running it. Best example comes from the world of computers. When microsoft release vista os was released a couple of years back.... It did not matter how "souped up" your system was spec wse... Vista ran like a slug..... Had a state of the art computer at the time... Did not help matters. Where rim has an advantage over the competition is that they are staring from a proven os as its core and creating a new front end... If it performs as all indicators show... It should hum along. Ios is sort of stuck as with each itterition it still has to be capable of running on the first gen ipad and 2nd gen ipod..... To do this they have sacrifice speed somewhere.... As for android... There are so many versions out there it is hard to know if the company producing it takes time to optimize it of just does enough to get by.... After all time is money to them..... If bb10 is optimized to run on the current hardware as it is speced.... It should fly... For me that is all i care about... I no longer want to live on the "bleeding edge" of technology.... Found that dane frustrating and expensive.....
    Eli_B likes this.
    12-23-12 11:42 PM
    my playbook is 2 years old and has the same specs as any new tablet has. regardless it is not about specs. if the os is capable and best running with a single or dual core processor then it would do nothing but kill the battery if they put more in. like the new windows phones. they said windows 7 only needed a single core so thats all they put in them.

all in all i trust the company making the product and the research and development teams working on it to make it top shelf quality. androids have quad core and the bugginess of the os still bogs down after 20 solid minutes of use. its all about the os.
    jerryeight likes this.
    12-23-12 11:54 PM
    maybe people got tired of the fact that ANOTHER thread was made to deal with the same damn issue
    12-24-12 08:13 AM
38 12