No I am not a troll. Some of you might remember seeing my name a while ago, all I posted were legitimate questions, my insights and positive opinions toward RIM (Now BlackBerry). So if I seem like I'm indirectly talking down BlackBerry, I am NOT. I am Canadian, so is BlackBerry. I love the company.

I am going to ramble a bit here.

I think one of the reasons I was sort of under-whelmed by today's launch is because so many videos have been posted of the Dev Alpha B with the active frames and peek. At least I think it was the Dev B. If I had not seen any previous versions of BB10 and today's launch was my first time seeing it, I would've been astonished. It's too bad that so many photos and videos were leaked of earlier builds and such. BUT don't get me wrong, I'm still really excited to buy one here in Canada on the 5th and I Still support this great Canadian company.

Another thing, I read the "Z10 Review" here on crackberry.com and read the pros and cons. I agree with most of each. But seeing that Kevin was a little disappointed at the visuals of the OS is pretty disappointing. Not even just for my sake, but for BlackBerry all together. People love shiny, moving things on a screen. It's too bad that it is apparently lacking in that area. Can someone who has seen more footage than I have, explain to me what exactly is disappointing about the OS visuals? I would like to know.

Also, yes the stock went down. Of course it went down. People who purchased at $6 a couple months ago pulled it all out today at $16. Why wouldn't they? Exactly. That's why it went down so don't go bashing BB and saying they must be a lost cause because the stock went down. That is supposed to happen. Then it will go up as more and more people buy them.

Last thing,
    If you're one of the ones who was waiting for what seemed like 10 years and feel a little disappointed, just give it a chance. Don't judge until you've used it and held it in your hand. Any product being displayed and introduced on a live program will not look perfect and heaven sent. It's not a refined tv commercial that is edited to remove every spec of dust from the screen. So if it didn't look like a smartphone superstar, that's because it wasn't a high-res close up shot, edited to perfection. It was live camera work zooming in on it. Electronics look better in real life, so just wait til you use one to make your decision.

Just some thoughts
    01-30-13 04:05 PM
    I can agree with you with the leak part, for most hardcore BB fan that been following all those leak its was kinda underwhelming to watch the live event video stream expecting more for them to show us. but so far i notice alot of non-bb user are giving positive comments since they never seen any of this stuff before.
    01-30-13 04:16 PM