I would be really interested to know how BlackBerry's Android user base compares the current BB10 user base. For the BlackBerry Android experiment to work, the number BlackBerry Droiders needs to be a multiple of those holding on to BB10. I suspect that is not the case and the BB10 lot outnumber the PRIVS even now.

��� вℓα�квєяяу ραѕѕρσят ѕιℓνєя є∂ιтιση ���
    With or without the two years ten months head start that BB10 had on sales?
    05-23-16 11:02 AM
    With or without the two years ten months head start that BB10 had on sales?
    Irrelevant ol' boy. The now is only what really matters, as already implied.
    If the existing BB10 base is still larger than PRIV sales, then I would interpret that as a failure. A dead OS with more users than the latest thing...

05-23-16 12:32 PM
    The device will keep running even if the the OS has become obsolete. I am staying with BB10 as I have some devices in stock which will take me to 2021.

 Passport SE on Etisalat 4G Network propelled by 10.3.2.2876
    Hahaha

Posted via Priv (soon to be replaced with Passport SE)
    05-23-16 12:37 PM
    Irrelevant ol' boy. The now is only what really matters, as already implied.
    If the existing BB10 base is still larger than PRIV sales, then I would interpret that as a failure. A dead OS with more users than the latest thing...

That makes no sense whatsoever. I guess there were more Z10's in use after 6 months than BBOS? I guess that makes BB10 a failure by your standards. Oh, wait...

Passport SE, "The BlockBerry" - Cricket Wireless
    05-23-16 01:02 PM
    That makes no sense whatsoever. I guess there were more Z10's in use after 6 months than BBOS? I guess that makes BB10 a failure by your standards. Oh, wait...

Passport SE, "The BlockBerry" - Cricket Wireless
    Well you've missed the point entirely, but don't try to make that my problem.

05-23-16 01:28 PM
    Well you've missed the point entirely, but don't try to make that my problem.

••• вℓα�квєяяу ραѕѕρσят ѕιℓνєя є∂ιтιση •••
    Priv didn't eclipse all of BB10 six months after release, therefore failure.

Z10 didn't eclipse all of BBOS six months after release, therefore not failure?
    05-23-16 02:53 PM

Stop it with that logic stuff!
    05-24-16 06:47 AM

If you put it like that then both have failed. Any new product needs traction to succeed.

05-24-16 08:16 AM
    To answer the op. I shucked to the priv from my z30 because the things I needed to work on bb10 were no longer being updated or reliable. If it was I'd still be using it

Posted with my shiny new Priv
    05-24-16 08:46 AM
    If you put it like that then both have failed. Any new product needs traction to succeed.
    That's true, but a bit part of the reason why so many BB10 devices were sold is because of the firesale prices on the Z10 6 months after it was launched. If BB hadn't written off over $1B in value and practically gave them away, BB10 sales would have been far lower.

Of course, that could be argued that BB has failed with both BB10 and Android, and you wouldn't be far wrong. But the difference is that with Android, you already have a full ecosystem of apps & services, so it's less important that BB does well with Android than with BB10.
    Uzi likes this.
    05-24-16 11:06 AM
    To the OP, I would say to keep using BB10 until it no longer works for you. Some people can keep using BB10 because they only really need calls, texts and emails while others can't because the apps they use often aren't natively supported on BB10.

Personally, I couldn't stay consistently on BB10 because I use apps personally and for work that aren't on BB10. Now that BlackBerry is on Android though, I am waiting for them to make something in the same vein as the BlackBerry Classic. If they make that, I will drop my iPhone 6 Plus in a heartbeat. Even after 5 years of using an iPhone as my main device, I still desire for a physical keyboard; BlackBerry just hasn't made a device worth getting (in my eyes). One might say "what about the PRIV" but I hate sliders. When I whip out my phone, I want the keyboard readily available as it was on the Classic, 9900, 9000 and those before it and I prefer a trackpad for precision.
    Last edited by Plazmic Flame; 05-24-16 at 11:13 PM.
    bbafdad and SparkBerryBold like this.
    05-24-16 12:21 PM
    I appreciate everyone who took the time to respond giving advice and opinions regarding the direction BlackBerry is going and as a new Passport Silver Edition owner , what you would do. I must say I am still torn. I absolutely love my Passport SE but because of my personal business and being on the go all the time, I need constant and reliable social media platforms and even though BlackBerry has scent options in this regard, it still is coming up short on a few levels.

As for my iPhone 6s, I absolutely can't stand it and didn't realize how much I couldn't stand it until I bought my Passport SE BUT in the social media realm, it beats out BlackBerry unfortunately currently. So I find myself justifying sticking with iOS just because of apps which I hate as a reason - but I've got to have reliable communication with clients and able to facilitate groups which Facebook does well.
    06-09-16 06:45 PM
37 12