Im not liking BB10 so much. It seems that theyve tried to make a device that is an hybrid of BB style and IOS or Android devices. Theyve tried to make a "modern" blackberry without the basic concerns of productivity that we used to see on previous OS versions. Yes, im not so happy with the new OS 10 , and im talking about the basic we were expecting from blackberry.
    - For me , word and excel editing is a basic business function. It must be a top function do edit an spreadsheet. Everyone organize yourself with spreadsheets ! But, what is going on ? is not possible to insert or remove lines ? This is a big concern ! Editing spreadsheets is a main and obvious task for everyone. Not for everyone of course, but at least for those who use their phones for business.
    - What about no Home-Screen customization with direct link to main email accounts and basic information ? Is not a question of preference. Is a question of organization and simplicity. Having a first screen where you can see all you need is a natural concern, a central screen to see what is happening and what you have to perform next. BB10 doesnt have a main screen , if you want to see what you have to do you need to swip down and left and up many times. You dont have a "check" screen. You have to visualize on your mind what you wanna know and than search for it, this is not a rational and simple way to think. For instance, when i turn on my phone, i need to know instantly my next appointment, my next tasks, my messages, my calls, my new emails (and in wich account they are). As a business user its obvious that i want something like this , and i cannot do it on BB10, unless i give at least 10 swips to know what is going on my calendar, tasks, messages and email Inbox.
    - What about the lags ? Bolds and Curves used to have instant screen changes. No lag, this is essential when you want to perform multiple tasks. Multiple graphical performance seems to affect transitions between screens or apps. Who want a device for business dont need remarkable graphical performance, we need instant multiple task perfomance. Fast copy and paste between the apps
    - Why calendar app is still an old fashion style link that one we used to see on our 30 year old calculator-organization device ? . My appointments are just little squares inside big squares ? where are the icons ? 2 ou 3 days views ? task+appointment views ? where are my task organizer ? i see only a note application that is not integrated with calendar or even the hub . i need to organize my tasks and appointments in categories, in different views, link it each other to appointments and tasks, contacts and files and projects
    Many will say : its a question of preference, or is just a question to get used to it. Yes, but we can get used to everything, even worst things. Its natural to think that the system should upgrade to a more natural and simple way to visualize and think about our business. But, although it could be more "elegant" , what i see its a more disorganized and complex way to find everything. We need more gestures and menus to perform simple tasks. I understand that basic business functions are : calendar, tasks, messages ,mail and files. So why to visualize each one now i have to do much more movements than before ? is it go to simplicity ?
    Instead of having an upgrade of BB it seems that now we have an hybrid of Blackberry and Android/IOS. Not a real business performance device, but a mix of a business and a fashion phone. And we are trying to get used to it when the right way is the opposite, they should make a device to adapt to us, in a simple and smart way.
    02-15-15 10:24 AM
    You need to get on a different platform. Some of your comments are way off the truth. I hope you find something you like.
    02-15-15 11:37 AM
    Are you sure you are using BlackBerry 10 OS?

All that you want is there on BlackBerry 10 the way you want it but I'm not sure why you don't have it. Very strange.

Posted via CB10
    02-15-15 11:48 AM
    Hate to sound like Steve Jobs, but really the only thought that comes to mind after reading that semi-coherent (yeah I know, English isn't the OP's first language and all that but still...) rant is:

You're doing it wrong.

Most of what you are concerned about Mr OP, you will find is fixed quite elegantly by using active frames (and learning what active frames are and do for you), learning how to use the hub, and familiarizing yourself with the BlackBerry Remember app.

The hub and is literally on gesture away no matter where you are in the OS. Within the hub you have instant access to all your accounts, and upcoming appointments, events etc. You can even prioritize it the way you see fit and, as of 10.3.X it's the fastest way to quickly triage through emails I've personally ever used.

Otherwise, I don't recall legacy BlackBerry OS (and I've been using BlackBerry's since they looked like pagers with keyboards) having a home screen such as you describe with all the information on it that you need. If you use active frames, you can literally get all the information you need at a glance with BlackBerry 10 because with 10.3.X is DOES have a home screen that you can customize with up to 8 active frames that give you basic information at a glance. The hub is always present anywhere in the OS. The peek gesture allows you to glance at incoming information without interrupting what you are doing. BlackBerry 10 has faster access to incoming new data then any other OS on the market. You have actionable notifications, peek, the hub, active frames, and even the notification light.

Sorry all that does not jive with the way you like to work on a phone. Hope you find an OS that suits the way you like to work better. But when it comes to being less productive when using BlackBerry 10, your opinion is in the minority, as BlackBerry has won awards around the world for the usability of BlackBerry 10 and it is widely considered to be the most productive OS there is.
    02-15-15 12:54 PM
    X_x

WAT.

Seriously? To add to all the above replays - you do get info about msgs AND next calendar entry on the lock screen even before you get to the home screen with active frames or the hub.

Maybe you (OP) need to configure the phone to suit your needs?

I have moved from android (and before that had been using bold9780) and I can tell you - bb10 is light years ahead of any iPhone and android phone there is in terms of productivity. Hell it's even ahead of legacy BlackBerry devices.

Really your post came as a surprise!

Of course you don't have to like bb10. It is entirely up to you, but your statements seem just way off.

Posted via CB10
    02-15-15 02:54 PM
    For me, BB10 is much more productive than Android or ios. Is it more productive than the BlackBerry legacy OS? In some ways yes, other ways no. In the end BB10 is more productive than the legacy OS since I got my Classic. I agree that BB10 is something of a hybrid, and with each update some things are changed that make no sense to me, since those changes often make things less productive. I'm a form follows function person. If that were not the case I would be using a phone with a different ecosystem.

Posted via CB10
    02-15-15 03:28 PM
    BlackBerry 10 has ruined my mobile experience totally.

Once I would freely move from one platform to another and each OS was good enough, now they are not.

Thanks BlackBerry.
    Loc22 likes this.
    02-15-15 03:41 PM
    OP is post bait and we're falling for it again.

Posted via CB10 on the President Underwood version of the BlackBerry Classic
    HotFix likes this.
    02-15-15 03:51 PM
    OP is post bait and we're falling for it again.

Posted via CB10 on the President Underwood version of the BlackBerry Classic
    I don't agree. This forum should be free to state any opinions and we should respect OP's one as well. OP doesn't strike me as a troll. He justified his point of view and it is worthy to at least consider it's merits if not to discuss it further.

We should be able to discuss our points of view in the matter. That's what any forum is about isn't it?

Otherwise we would be just a bunch of people reading these forums purely for self-satisfaction of using BlackBerry and not accepting the reality that someone in the world might have a slightly different opinion regarding that matter. Hell, maybe we will find that someone is right... what then? Our world shattered in its foundation I suppose...?

OP is not satisfied and we could show him that the things he finds missing are actually there or at least hear him out and try to persuade him that it is better that way. No point of setting OP on fire for his opinions.

Posted via CB10
    Umair Rafique likes this.
    02-15-15 04:23 PM
    Of course it isn't - The right way is to provide a skeleton OS, heavily invest in an app store and ADware infrastructure where independent developers can provide a multitude of products to make up for the inadequacies apparent in your OS to which you can seamlessly feed an Ad stream to gain additional revenue upon the heavy cut you take from the original App sales.

Posted via CB10
    02-15-15 04:39 PM
    Don't feed the troll.
    der_mit likes this.
    02-15-15 05:33 PM
    Wait BBOS didn't lag and BB10 does? Da fq?

Posted via CB10
    02-15-15 05:52 PM