I want to see a shutdown option in the menu so I can configure how the shutdown should go.
    For example for me I would like to shutdown my phone just by pushing 3sec the top button and it will automaticly activate flightmodus.
    So when I turn on my phone it will start in flightmodus.

The advantage is that when a person steel my phone and start it up, it doesnt make contact with anything.
    So for security reason its a big advantage because without opening the phone you cant see on the line with who the phone make contact.

Anyway maybe you all also have ideas to implement into the shutdown option menu.

Thanks.
    07-18-14 01:56 PM
    Hi and thanks for posting. Welcome to CrackBerry.
    Activate BlackBerry Protect on your phone and you will be able to track it if someone steals it.
    07-19-14 10:55 AM
    Activate BlackBerry Protect on your phone and you will be able to track it if someone steals it.
    Sometimes that doesn't work or the person removes the sim card. Op is raising a good question

Posted via CB10
    07-19-14 11:03 AM
    If location and no data/wifi, BlackBerry protect is not working.

Posted via My Awesome Passport | @angelesrobby
    07-19-14 11:05 AM
    If it is in airplane mode it won't be contacting anyone. I don?t see how this provides any security let alone an improvement over a strong password and Protect.

Posted via CB10
    07-19-14 11:54 AM
    The most simple phones have a shutdown option.
    Like you want it to shutdown at 12PM and back on at 7am.
    I just want to see an option how I want my phone to shutdown and keep those settings when I always shut it down.
    I dont care if my phone has been stolen, I care if nobody can see my data and intercept my data.
    So for me an option to select if shutdown always start in flightmodus.
    I rather buy a new phone for a 100 bucks, then think about what people are doing with my phone.
    08-10-14 07:51 AM
    I just want to see an option how I want my phone to shutdown and keep those settings when I always shut it down.
    I dont care if my phone has been stolen, I care if nobody can see my data and intercept my data.
    I rather buy a new phone for a 100 bucks, then think about what people are doing with my phone.
    Ok, I asked this question with "auto on/off"...
    I have a BlackBerry Bold 9900 and it has this option...
    I understood that there is not the possibility to do this with BB10, coz when shut down, it is completely off, and even the alarm does not wake up the phone!
    As your bothering/or not with the possibility of the phone getting stolen... when you protect the phone with a password, when the password is false 10x the phone wipes your data and turns into "factory new state"... The only thing you have to think about is encrypting your memory card. If you do so, when you wipe the phone without decripting the card, the information of the card is lost, because the decription key is stored on the phone.

BlackBerry*Q10, T-Mobile Germany - SQN100-3, Running OS 10.2.1.2941
    08-10-14 08:27 AM
    Like some said already. Password your phone and encrypt your media card. No risk at all for loss of files.

I would still like to see that option though some people don't need a phone for x hours and this could be battery saver.
    08-11-14 02:18 PM
    Like some said already. Password your phone and encrypt your media card. No risk at all for loss of files.

I would still like to see that option though some people don't need a phone for x hours and this could be battery saver.
    I dont think you all are getting my point.
    08-11-14 04:23 PM
    I dont think you all are getting my point.
    I think they did. A thief using your device to communicate and viewing your personal data are actually two different things. If you are not concerned with getting your device back, forget about BlackBerry Protect - that's only good for tracking (BB10). If you want to prevent anyone from getting at your personal data - your contacts, photos, videos, messages, etc - you MUST use a password and media card encryption. Because having a data/cellular connection will NOT stop anyone from looking in your phone if you leave it unlocked.

Posted via CB10
    08-11-14 05:02 PM
    I think they did. A thief using your device to communicate and viewing your personal data are actually two different things. If you are not concerned with getting your device back, forget about BlackBerry Protect - that's only good for tracking (BB10). If you want to prevent anyone from getting at your personal data - your contacts, photos, videos, messages, etc - you MUST use a password and media card encryption. Because having a data/cellular connection will NOT stop anyone from looking in your phone if you leave it unlocked.

Posted via CB10
    You all still talk about the thief.
    That was just hypotheticly.
    Yes, its about the data, but also important what connections you use.
    If nobody knows you make a connection with planet.nl then nobody will ask there questions ;-)
    08-11-14 05:37 PM
    You all still talk about the thief.
    That was just hypotheticly.
    Yes, its about the data, but also important what connections you use.
    If nobody knows you make a connection with planet.nl then nobody will ask there questions ;-)
    Nobody do anything with a locked BlackBerry. No viewing data, no using connections. Nothing.
    08-11-14 07:01 PM
    Nobody do anything with a locked BlackBerry. No viewing data, no using connections. Nothing.
    Even when locked it still shows who your service provider is....that being said I too don't understand his problem. how will it help someone know that I (along with 10-15 million other people) use Telus?

Posted via CB10
    08-11-14 10:06 PM
    Why shut down a Z10?

Crackberry Genius on Verizon STL100-4 10.3.0.296/442
    08-12-14 01:09 AM