Yo, I feel like this might be a hidden message from RIMM? If you go to the BlackBerry 10 Sneak Peak video. The 46 second video with the girl using the prototype phone... Stop it at the 10th second and look at the date on there.... Should we get excited??
    05-01-12 02:18 PM
    Outstanding observation sir! I do hope they'd release it on June 26 and surprise all the pessimist.
    05-01-12 02:40 PM
    That would be pretty cool considering all the hype is saying october.
    05-01-12 02:43 PM
    I dunno...considering (according to Engadget) Alec announced another limited edition dev device later on this year...
    05-01-12 02:49 PM
    Wow! Great Find!!! They clearly put that date on there themselves...it may just be a random date, but it seems to perfect!! considering the rumours are stating BB10 to be officially announce sometime in August...end of July is perfect!
    05-01-12 02:53 PM
    I'm getting it as soon as it's released. Was going to wait but after the preview...no way. That is the phone I've been waiting for. Flowing all aspects of the phone into one, notifications, security, etc.
    jkomo001 likes this.
    05-01-12 02:57 PM
    I'm hoping it will at least be in August, as this has been the historical flagship release date for the company. The previous BB's such as the Bold 9000 (August 21, 2008 [Canada]), Torch 9800 (August 12, 2010 [US]), and Bold 9900 (August 10, 2011 [Canada]) all were released in August according to Wikipedia. This could make sense with an internal release date of August and a contingency fall back date for late in the year, although usually "where there's smoke there's fire" and the speculated late 2012 release date is probably correct.

@bilaal I'm hoping the limited edition dev device is a physical keyboard BB10, but that means we wont get it till 2013

P.S. The Storm was released on November 21, 2008 (U.S.) and the Playbook was released on April 19, 2011
    Last edited by Tedd_jr; 05-01-12 at 03:08 PM.
    anon(3896606) likes this.
    05-01-12 03:06 PM
    How did you even notice that? That some good eye you got there...

(Or you really "watched" that video)
    05-01-12 03:14 PM
    It would be great if RIM surprises us this way, which never happened as far as I know.
    But it could just be a random date when a SIM card was not inserted. June date seems too early, but I want a pleasant surprise
    05-01-12 03:27 PM
    honestly i can hardly wait too. I am likely to get it once it is launched as well, and probably without a contract.

I like how they implement answering of phone call. Unlike BBOS 7 where you only get a tiny picture of your contact. But i hope that the integrated contacts app will pull higher res images of contacts from facebook as display pictures. BBOS 7 only pulls a tiny tiny image which is kinda disappointing.
    05-01-12 03:39 PM
    Why would you even think this could be released in less than 60 days? No phones are even being tested right now.
    purijagmohan likes this.
    05-01-12 03:46 PM
    Not being tested from what we know...they might use these Dev Alpha devices, and just make them thinner or something like that with increased specs...we don't know what they are doing or have planned...it would be best for them if they can do this!! Although BB10 being released doesn't mean they need phones released...they may release BB10 OS at the end of June, and phones to follow mid-August...gives developers a month and a half to fine-tune their application with the Official OS
    05-01-12 03:54 PM
    The OS or the hardware? I think BB10 hits the playbook by summer. That gives RIM a few months to spot and fix any bugs and have a good base of apps for the phone launch.
    05-01-12 05:52 PM
    The OS or the hardware? I think BB10 hits the playbook by summer. That gives RIM a few months to spot and fix any bugs and have a good base of apps for the phone launch.
    i do certainly hope that is right...bb10 has me literally drooling over the capabilities! BRING IT RIM!
    05-01-12 06:46 PM
    Keep in mind that one of the benefits of QNX is that once the cell phone stack is approved by the carriers they won't need to approve updates to the OS and RIM can roll them out as they please, as long as there are no changes to the cell stack. So if this cell stack is already in testing and possibly approved in the 4g PlayBook why wouldn't this cut down on the testing time of new hardware. Same OS and same cell stack why can't release time be cut down.
    05-01-12 06:53 PM
    Keep in mind that one of the benefits of QNX is that once the cell phone stack is approved by the carriers they won't need to approve updates to the OS and RIM can roll them out as they please, as long as there are no changes to the cell stack. So if this cell stack is already in testing and possibly approved in the 4g PlayBook why wouldn't this cut down on the testing time of new hardware. Same OS and same cell stack why can't release time be cut down.
    This is a good point, but the carriers still test the hardware I believe. That being said, I think the October timeframe is realistic.
    05-02-12 06:52 AM
    Perhaps it can. But honestly, if the alpha units can't make calls or connect to wireless networks on May 1, how likely is a summer launch? Obviously RIM wants this platform ready immediately, but things take time, and until RIM claims a summer release it would be foolish to expect one.
    Stewartj1 likes this.
    05-02-12 07:56 AM

Let's hope you are right about releasing BB10 to the PlayBook first! Before I buy a BB10 phone I would love to try it out on my PB! Personally I would love to see BB10 run on a phone that has a screen that is 5" plus! I'm just saying!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    05-02-12 10:44 AM
    Let's hope you are right about releasing BB10 to the PlayBook first! Before I buy a BB10 phone I would love to try it out on my PB! Personally I would love to see BB10 run on a phone that has a screen that is 5" plus! I'm just saying!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    5" plus screen!? really...I can't stand how android is making the market use phones that are 5" big! thats insane, takes away the point of phones being mobile devices, they start becoming tablets! 4.2 for Dev Alpha is the BIGGEST they should go for awhile now!
    Chrisy and MiSsY_ like this.
    05-02-12 10:52 AM
    if you look at the developer unboxing it comes with an ATT sim...
    05-02-12 11:36 AM
    A June 26 date will have leaked out somewhere, somehow.
    05-02-12 12:50 PM
    5" plus screen!? really...I can't stand how android is making the market use phones that are 5" big! thats insane, takes away the point of phones being mobile devices, they start becoming tablets! 4.2 for Dev Alpha is the BIGGEST they should go for awhile now!
    I used a phone with a 4.3 inch screen and was just too big. The screen was amazing but it wasn't practical for my use. I'm hoping for a bit smaller!
    05-02-12 02:02 PM
    I used a phone with a 4.3 inch screen and was just too big. The screen was amazing but it wasn't practical for my use. I'm hoping for a bit smaller!
    Yeah, same here...4.2 will be the largest I'd want it to be...otherwise whats the point of selling a Tablet and Phone when the Phone is identical to the tablet and almost the same size...wouldn't make sense and would take away from numerous sales if the sizing is so close...I would just buy the phone and not even bother with a 7" Tablet if it was a 5" phone!! stupid android...but with a new android device out every 4 hours...they need to keep changing SOMETHING and screen size is that!
    05-02-12 03:00 PM
    June 26th is a Tuesday. Maybe it is the software release date for 2.1.
    05-02-12 03:08 PM
    Perhaps it can. But honestly, if the alpha units can't make calls or connect to wireless networks on May 1, how likely is a summer launch? Obviously RIM wants this platform ready immediately, but things take time, and until RIM claims a summer release it would be foolish to expect one.
    I think releasing a half finished phone that offered cellular connectivity would be a bad idea. They'd be less inclined to be used as intended, tools to assist developers, and more likely to show up on ebay.
    05-02-12 03:36 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD