Hello,

I have a Z10 (and a Q10 spare to test OS updates). Been waiting (seems like a long time) for Cisco AnyConnect for my Z10. I have upgraded my Q10 to OS 10.3.1.1151 using an Autoloader with the hope of having or being able to download the Cisco AnyConnect client. If your Enterprise requires AnyConnect, the other VPN options don't work (they require a Group name and password in addition to a username and password). After the upgrade my heart leaped when I saw "Cisco AnyConnect" in the BB VPN settings (was not there in 10.3.0.x). But after touching the setting I saw a popup which made me feel uneasy: "You need to download the Cisco AnyConnect service to use this Gateway". Of course when I touched "Download", it went to the Blackberry World app and yes, no Cisco AnyConnect client!

Does anyone know for sure when the Cisco AnyConnect client will be available (if ever) for BB10? I am an IT Manager and it seems many Enterprises today are using Cisco routers requiring the AnyConnect client to establish a VPN connection. Why is it taking so long? I tried the Cisco AnyConnect Android client but not surprisingly it crashes (it is not a "simple" app).

If the AnyConnect client is available for BB10 right now, please let me know how to get it. I have fairly diligently searched the Crackberry forums and the Web and can't find any solid information on the (future) availability Cisco AnyConnect client for BB10.

Thanks for any info or hope you can give.

P.S. Just joined Crackberry. But have been using BB's for years. Wondering how to change the "user experience level" designation (e.g. "Crackberry Abuser", etc.) that appears under your Avatar? My default one says "Crackberry Newbie" which does not reflect my experience level. I hope the designation has nothing to do with how long one has been a member! But I have been through all the menu items and cannot find how to change the user experience level.
    11-22-14 05:43 PM
    It's my understanding that you don't need an app for that. Check the VPN settings panel.
    Take a look at this thread.
    11-22-14 06:08 PM
    Maybe it's coming soon? When you select anyconnect from the vpn settings it says to download the service from blackberry world but it's not there.

Posted via CB10
    11-22-14 06:22 PM
    Built in VPN doesn't work for me. My company downloads cert every time you connect and BlackBerry built in needs cert before you try to connect. My I.T tried for a week

Posted via CB10
    11-22-14 06:26 PM
    Joshu42, I already looked at that thread, thanks. It all depends on how the IT department has the Cisco router set up. Ours is only set up for AnyConnect. The other types of configuration require a Group Name and password. I need the AnyConnect client. None of the other VPN options on BB10 will work for me. That's why I would like to know if and when it will be available for BB10.
    11-23-14 02:58 AM