Hello again folks.

Still using my beloved Z30 but wanted to ask the community here if they had noticed a deterioration in OS performance since the 10.3 updates. I've received 2 updates over the last few months and had hoped this recent update might have corrected things. Sadly since 10.3, my phone has been running laggy and has run into numerous frustrating problems. The browser has been reduced in functionality to the point where I cannot input text without severe lag in the text fields and I find the browser hangs or outright entirely shuts down. Anybody else finding this? I also dislike that despite having desktop mode active that almost everything loads into a mobile site display and any videos that auto play are jumping into full screen and insisting on doing so even when I flick out of it. Any suggestions?

Another problem is with the phone's media. I find scrolling my pictures causes the phone to jump back to the top of the page when it hits a section where it hasn't rendered the thumbs, therefore forcing me to rescroll everything. This happens consistently. With Music I am finding my phone constantly losing functionality and reports that my media is of an unsupported file type. I must restart the phone to correct this, but it continues to occur at random.

I've also become frustrated with the android performance. In 10.2 the performance was pretty solid. Some of the games now have terrible frame rates and stutter often.

Please know that this isn't a blunt rant but more an expression of disappointment and frustration. I love my Z30, but the OS seems to be falling apart for me, despite still being a tremendous OS to operate. I still enjoy using my phone, but I really wish the performance would have remained solid.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-15 11:16 AM
    Not my experience. I find each new update better than the last. I haven't had any issues since the early 10.3.1 days.

You may have to consider a fresh install with an autoloader.

Here is a link to Thurask's archive:

https://drive.bitcasa.com/send/6tMMp...fSc0JPukRz42w/

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2639
    elfabio80 likes this.
    10-03-15 11:22 AM
    I've had this experience with 10.3.2. Usually I would do a clean install, however I didn't bother with the last update, just a simple OTA (Link wouldn't play ball for some reason). Now my device stutters when unlocked, transitions are jerky, and switching between apps often has the switched to app laggy for a few seconds.

I was starting to think that with BlackBerry compromising on Android, maybe they are also compromising on other business practices that the big players use to stay successful...ie. the apparent Samsung trick of slowing older devices to encourage new purchases.

It would be a disaster if the Priv was released and ended up performing less than a bb10 device.
    10-03-15 11:41 AM
    Z30 here with none of the symptoms you describe. Like others have said might be worth performing a clean install!

Posted via CB10
    10-03-15 11:46 AM
    Z30 here with none of the symptoms you describe. Like others have said might be worth performing a clean install!
    Yeah, I guess this is the next step.
    10-03-15 11:54 AM
    I second the guys with the poor performance!!
    Doing a fresh install is a bit of a pain.
    What's the difference between using Link and doing a rebuild Vs the Autoaders??

Posted via CB10
    10-11-15 05:06 PM
    My Z30 has WiFi issues - it drops the signal a lot.

That scrolling issue in the photo gallery I actually have on my Q10 as well, it's really annoying!

Posted via CB10
    10-11-15 05:35 PM
    I second the guys with the poor performance!!
    Doing a fresh install is a bit of a pain.
    What's the difference between using Link and doing a rebuild Vs the Autoaders??
    Link is official but only allows you to install the most recent official version (maybe also the one you are on if different).

Autoloader is unofficial but you can install any available version (though if you are on 10.3.2 you generally can't go back to 10.3.1 and before).
    SnOw_Ox likes this.
    10-11-15 05:38 PM
    No trouble here.

Rock'n the awesome Z30 STA100-5 on 10.3.2.2474
    10-11-15 06:43 PM
    Link is official but only allows you to install the most recent official version (maybe also the one you are on if different).

Autoloader is unofficial but you can install any available version (though if you are on 10.3.2 you generally can't go back to 10.3.1 and before).
    Autoloaders can cause a ton of problems.
    The best way to go is reload via BlackBerry link. Not only is the download fast from BlackBerry servers, it's fully automated and you have no doubt after doing it that it has resolved any issue with the OS install.
    baarn and SnOw_Ox like this.
    10-11-15 06:55 PM
    I don't really see it. My Z30 works over years of abuse..yet all electronics and system deteriorate over time..see IOS and android..needing constant change and ever increasing horsepower

Posted via CB10
    10-12-15 04:17 AM
    Reload OS via wired connection & BlackBerry Link (copy docs/contacts to email/OneDrive, sync passwords 2-way, copy user data to microSD, remove microSIM, remove microSD, disable Location Services).

Don't reset to prior OS installed in your model.
    Don't restore from prior backups.

 Curve 8520 ~> skipped OS6 ~> skipped OS7 ~>  Z3 (Airtel / STJ100-1 / 10.3.2.2639)
    Last edited by mas_quemex; 10-13-15 at 05:57 PM.
    SnOw_Ox and methodinsane like this.
    10-12-15 06:44 AM
    Yeah, I'm going to consider reinstalling the OS. Even the gyroscope decides to quit working and won't rotate videos or pages on display in the browser. Can't keep resetting the phone to reverse this. It's beyond a joke because it was never this way before.

Posted via CB10
    10-12-15 12:31 PM
    Yes, it's just you.

 Curve 8520 ~> skipped OS6 ~> skipped OS7 ~>  Z3 (Airtel / STJ100-1 / 10.3.2.2639)
    10-13-15 04:48 PM
    I suspect as much. Seeing as these issues haven't changed since the updates. It wasn't always this way, however. Even having to close the browser then reopen it because the tabs freeze. It's frustrating. So I reckon a reinstall might be on order. Thanks anyway guys.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-15 05:08 PM