Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    Hello gang,

is there anyone who can advice me what to do? Swipe down function on my Q5 slowly, day by day, is getting worse and worse.

(recorded now)

Now I need to swipe 20 times maybe before I can get the settings from above screen. Doesn't even work with two fingers.

Everything else is working.

I have 10.3.2.2836 OS.

Thanks in advance. πŸ˜‰
    01-21-19 02:15 AM
    Hello gang,

is there anyone who can advice me what to do? Swipe down function on my Q5 slowly, day by day, is getting worse and worse.

(recorded now)

Now I need to swipe 20 times maybe before I can get the settings from above screen. Doesn't even work with two fingers.

Everything else is working.

I have 10.3.2.2836 OS.

Thanks in advance. πŸ˜‰
    Try installing blackberry virtual expert either from Blackberry world or the apk version and run the display tests .

If that doesn't show something you may have to consider a factory reset .
    01-21-19 02:55 AM
    I've seen my swipe down 'Quick Settings' screen stutter a few times when the phone is working hard, in Battery Saving mode and doing moderate work.

You haven't got the phone full up with Android apps have you? Maybe consider how hard you have that Q5 working as I think it's rather underpowered!?

For example, I saw Viber, Yahoo Mail, Telegram, Call Recorder on the screen.

How about you install App Ninja from BBW to see what is an Android app on your phone? Then uninstall them all. Re-install one-by-one to see if one is slowing you down.

Posted via CB10
    01-21-19 10:47 AM
    I have 10.3.2.2836 OS.
    As a last resort you could try updating your Q5 to 10.3.3.xxxx using BlackBerry Link (if the update shows up) or by using an autoloader.
    01-21-19 03:46 PM
    Isn't 10.3.2.2836 the one that has trouble deleting Android apps? I wonder if using that broken OS for a long time can result in the user inadvertently having Android apps running in the background that they thought were long gone, slowing them down even more?

I don't know about the Yahoo email Android app, but like everything else with Yahoo I'd imagine it's bloated sh1tware.

So, upgrading to the latest OS like Brookie says and then picking your Android apps wisely seems wise.

Posted via CB10
    01-22-19 04:45 AM
    Thanks for all advices guys.

I have installed Blackberry Virtual Expert and I have passes all the tests. (7 tests I've skipped because I didn't have the computer near me 😊 ).

Everything works. You can see in the attachment below. Only in the help section, when I wanted to try swipe down function I couldn't reproduce.

I believe I could factory reset Q5 or I could autoload the new version 10.3.3 but I don't have much patient to start over adjusting all billion functions and settings on the phone ☺️

If some android app made this trouble, I believe I will live with that. I need those apps. (but I don't have yahoo app installed. That on the screen is just webpage shortcut for yahoo email).

I can open all the settings from the original settings icon.

(all my apps installed)

Just like on my android tablet, when on each update I am getting just like new, refreshed OS, if we could get some new android regular update, or BB10 update πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ , which will not erase any of my adjustments, maybe that would trigger the phone to function normal, because all my sensors, accelerations, everything is function properly.

Thanks anyway guys again. I believe, at least for this year companionship with BB10, I will leave like this, because I am so lazy people πŸ˜‚
    Attached Thumbnails BB10 Q5 swipe down doesn't function in 90% cases!-virtual-expert.jpg Β 
    01-22-19 11:52 AM
    You can upgrade non-destructively without loosing your settings look in the stickies section for how to 'Blitz' your phone.

However, as (I think) you have the the one dodgy OS that has the broken Android run time, it might be better persevere with an autoloader in this case.

Understood about your Yahoo mail shortcut. I'm struggling with their access through the hub as well.

Posted via CB10
    Vladislavt likes this.
    01-22-19 04:32 PM
    should be a hardware issue.

i bought a used q5 recently that had the same issue but already planned on replacing the shell, and the replacement shell with an included screen can be had for pretty cheap.
    Vladislavt likes this.
    03-07-19 03:01 AM