Can anyone tell me if they know if the new BB10 will have the Push To Talk button or feature? We are looking to upgrade our BB's but we need the PTT feature.
    Thanks
    hondok9 likes this.
    02-01-13 05:00 PM
    No PTT. You're on Nextel/Sprint/Telus/whatever iDEN? If you're in US or Canada, iDEN is EOL latest 2014. Time to find a wide-area LMR provider or set up your own system in the plant. You can still get all the private/group calling, texting, alerting, etc. in TRBO and Nexedge with much better audio quality.
    02-01-13 05:24 PM
    My company is on Verizon. I spoke to our corporate rep and was told that Verizon expects to roll out a PTT app similar to the PTT app we are currently using on our 9930's sometime after mid-year. Have not been able to confirm that from any other source. We are eligible for an upgrade but need the PTT so we are holding out.
    02-01-13 09:02 PM
    Thank you both. We are on Sprint/Nextel but need to be off our Nextel radios by June and switch to a Sprint Direct Connect. The whole system works but they are not able to get us the advancded phone for our Managers that can link to our network for email access which the BB were able to do. All they have is the Motorola Admiral which barely gets past our security and is way out of date. Sprint is also going to charge extra for all the group calls we make which is our emergency channle. I dont think scrapping the phones and switching to a digital radio is very cost effective right now, id love to but i am not the money person right now. We did use the BB Bold through Verizon as demo's we may go that route until perhaps something comes along. Sprint is just getting too expensive.

Thanks for the help though
    02-04-13 11:59 AM
    I heard from a rep from ATT the the new BB Q 10 will have the capability of PTT on ATT, now that being said it looks like Verizon is not interested in getting any new customers from Nextel, Verizon has the technology but not the interest on getting deeper in to the PTT market I don't know why. I'm with Verizon but as soon as the new Q10 comes out our company will be switching over to ATT, another thing before I forget, the same rep told me that they are trying to get the Iphone 5 and 5S to have them in the new EPTT sytem but they are still working on it.
    04-09-13 05:31 PM
    Since the Q10 does not have a convenience key, what button would be used for the PTT?
    05-23-13 09:30 PM
    I was wondering the same thing - I couldn't find any PTT apps in the blackberry world for my Q10. Nothing.
    07-19-13 09:27 AM