Should or shouldn't is irrelevant. BB10 is a niche app. Even BB has admitted this many times.

It can be made compatible, sure, just as Windows and iOS and Linux and BSD can... IF there are hardware drivers written for those OSs to allow access to that hardware. No drivers? It isn't compatible.

Hardware manufacturers go ahead and write Android drivers for everything by default, because Android owns 83% of the market, and it's in their best interest to do this. They don't provide drivers for other OSs for free, though, so if MS wants to put Windows on a phone, or if Apple wants to put a component in the iPhone, they have to pay to have Windows or iOS drivers written. It was the same for WebOS, and it's the same for BB10. John Chen has talked about this in interviews, but we talked about it here even before that.

Not only are the costs very high (all kinds of things beyond dev salaries go into this: developing APIs, developing SDKs, developing programming environments, providing dev hardware, dev conferences, dev support structures, etc. etc.), but many large companies simply refuse to spend their time or money developing their apps for platforms that have less than 5 or 10% of the market - which means they develop for iOS, Android, and maybe WinPhone as a low third priority (and so, WinPhone apps are often far behind the other two). BB10 has around 0.2% of the global marketshare, which means they are in 5th place behind Tizen.

So, again, many companies simply won't develop for BB10 no matter what, and others will only do so if a very large bounty is paid for that app. BB simply can't sustain those costs (remember: they already lose $100 per BB10 handset sold), and without all of the big-name apps that will never come AT ALL, there's really no point.

BB did that for 5 years, and it nearly killed the company. BB10 has directly cost the company $8-9B in losses, plus another $10B or so in total corporate value. And sales have trended down since the beginning. The time to invest in BB10 is long over. You have to be in denial not to see that.

That's what BB hoped the entire time with BB10, but that was always an incredibly naive idea, and one which has roundly been proven false - and not just for BB10, but for WinPhone, WebOS, Tizen, Sailfish, and others.

Developers don't want a dozen OSs, or even a half-dozen. More OSs means more work for less money. That's why the desktop has had 3 basic OS choices for the last 30 years: a "primary OS" (Windows), a high-end option (Apple), and some also-ran niche OSs (Linux variants). The exact same thing is happening in mobile, except the "primary OS" is Android, the high-end option is (as always) Apple, and the also-ran niche is WinPhone. BB10 doesn't even have enough marketshare to count anymore, and it's still shrinking.

Microsoft, which is in a much stronger position than BB, has spent tens of billions of dollars developing WinPhone and, more importantly, marketing WinPhone, and despite all of that work and treasure still have a very weak ecosystem that lags far behind the market leaders. BB would need to spend its entire corporate worth every quarter, for several years in a row, to have any hope of displacing Tizen as 4th place, much less MS at 3rd, and obviously BB can't come close to doing that.

It's time to accept the reality of the situation. It makes no difference if BB10 a better OS or not - the battle isn't about OSs and hasn't been since about 2009. The battle is about ecosystems, and BB10 doesn't have one, and never will. BB10's battle is over, and while the last man hasn't yet fallen, its chance of survival, much less victory, is long over.
    That's a good point and I respect it because you have deeper knowledge in this area. Anyway, I don't support this system that is something like " the Enterprises are making money from weak products and that is what you get". We forget that we are the market and enterprises should serve us and not the other way around. It would be sad if BlackBerry 10 dies and being replaced with an OS that is not at the same level. That is what is happening in all the domains surrounding us. We don't get quality products, we get only quality commercials.
    About the apps, the Facebook app on BlackBerry 10 is very bad but I think the best Facebook app is the BlackBerry browse, but I am not a heavy user of Facebook. I tried to use Instagram but I couldn't see the use of it.
    For me the only technology should be promoted is the technology that helps us to solve our personal needs faster so we can enjoy the people surrounding us more.

Posted via CB10
    11-28-15 04:28 AM
    Android smartphones that runs on less that 2GB of RAM are not high end devices
    Only the Passport has really been considered a high end device of all the BB10 phones that have come out. The Z10 needed 2GB of RAM to run smoothly but was otherwise specced as more of a mid range phone. There were dev phones that had 1GB that sucked. The PlayBook couldn't get BB10 because it lacked the RAM. Anyway you slice it there is nothing about the small footprint of the QNX kernel that really helped BlackBerry gain any ground. iPhones, for years had like 800MB or 1GB of RAM, and Apple wiped the floor with BlackBerry without having QNX. iOS is noted for its smoothness, all without QNX.

QNX is not some piece of magic code that will enable BlackBerry to take the world by storm (no pun intended). Apparently it is an excellent kernel (if you listen to the experts go on about it), but BlackBerry itself never really had the talent to take advantage of it. They sure didn't write QNX. The guy that did, they forced into retirement. Does that tell you anything about what they think of using QNX in smartphones?

Meanwhile, Google buys a crappy digital camera OS called Android, built on the Linux kernel and goes on to revamp it again and again into something that can be commercially successful even in the face of the iOS onslaught.
    11-28-15 01:16 PM
    Only the Passport has really been considered a high end device of all the BB10 phones that have come out. The Z10 needed 2GB of RAM to run smoothly but was otherwise specced as more of a mid range phone. There were dev phones that had 1GB that sucked. The PlayBook couldn't get BB10 because it lacked the RAM. Anyway you slice it there is nothing about the small footprint of the QNX kernel that really helped BlackBerry gain any ground. iPhones, for years had like 800MB or 1GB of RAM, and Apple wiped the floor with BlackBerry without having QNX. iOS is noted for its smoothness, all without QNX.

QNX is not some piece of magic code that will enable BlackBerry to take the world by storm (no pun intended). Apparently it is an excellent kernel (if you listen to the experts go on about it), but BlackBerry itself never really had the talent to take advantage of it. They sure didn't write QNX. The guy that did, they forced into retirement. Does that tell you anything about what they think of using QNX in smartphones?

Meanwhile, Google buys a crappy digital camera OS called Android, built on the Linux kernel and goes on to revamp it again and again into something that can be commercially successful even in the face of the iOS onslaught.
    When Z10 was released BlackBerry 10 had many flaws. I bought my Z10 in 2014, it came with BlackBerry 10.1 and it wasn't smooth. In the second day I updated it with 10.2 and it was smooth enough after that. With every update it had many improvements. Does it still need 2 GB of RAM? Yes. Of course it does, no Android smartphone works as smooth doing so many things in the same time flawlessly having less than 2 GB of RAM.
    About IPhone, yes, what they did with their OS is amazing, but we were talking about BlackBerry not replacing BlackBerry 10 with Android. BlackBerry 10 is smoother than Android. Also I would like to see the IPhone in real multitasking mode. If the next model of the IPhone would have the same ability of multitasking like BlackBerry 10 does, if it would have better connectivity, if it will not have the IPhone 6 design, if it would be more solid maybe I will consider buying one.
    The only thing that BlackBerry Z10 should have to be a real high end device is the noise cancellation microphone and a better battery. It is a terrific device and it still makes everything I need even if it was released in the early 2013.
    Now let's stop trolling because the discussion of this thread took another direction. The person who created it wants a BlackBerry Priv powered by BlackBerry 10 and I hope he will have it.

Posted via CB10
    11-28-15 04:11 PM
    Because developers are 100% cost. Companies acquired ideally bring in revenue streams. Or are close to doing so on new products. Good Technology was losing money but buying them eliminates BlackBerry's largest MDM competitor. Which might ease pricing pressure for BlackBerry on its BES licensing. Also gives BlackBerry access to those customers. A relationship.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    The co author of Losing The Signal who was the guest on last week's BerryFlow podcast said that the entire MDM market as a whole is only worth between $5B to maybe $10B USD. Even if BlackBerry commanded 100% of that market they would still only be half the value of what they where at their heyday. Maybe even less.

BB10 may be a niche OS but the Priv is most definitely a niche handset as well a the whole Android on BlackBerry so far. And the Vienna? That'd sell more units as a BB10 handset than Android for sure.

Bottom line at this point in time is that BlackBerry needs to do both BB10 and Android if they want to do handsets at all. Perhaps in two years they could ditch one in favor of the other but for now if Chen wants to stay in the game he needs to offer both.

Posted via CB10
    11-28-15 08:30 PM
    ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
    This -- is what it would take for BB10 to gain share. But everyone knows it is impossible for BlackBerry to do.
    In light of my previous post, why? I wasn't aware that BlackBerry made it difficult to do so.

Posted via CB10
    11-28-15 08:31 PM
    I would love a BB10 phone, but like others have said, the main reason is the cost of having Qualcomm develop drivers.

Posted via CB10
    Why would they need to stick with Qualcomm? Intel chips might be all it takes for BB10 to get noticed.

As for the lack of an ecosystem they did not stick with it long enough. WinPhone is losing sales and development left and right, too, but Instagram is now in beta, they got the real FB and FB Messenger, I bet, Netflix, and a few other big name apps that avoided WinPhone in the past for the same reason they claimed to have avoided BB10.

I mean, devs will take your platform a little more seriously when you do, too, no?

Posted via CB10
    11-28-15 08:41 PM
    Why would they need to stick with Qualcomm? Intel chips might be all it takes for BB10 to get noticed.

As for the lack of an ecosystem they did not stick with it long enough. WinPhone is losing sales and development left and right, too, but Instagram is now in beta, they got the real FB and FB Messenger, I bet, Netflix, and a few other big name apps that avoided WinPhone in the past for the same reason they claimed to have avoided BB10.

I mean, devs will take your platform a little more seriously when you do, too, no?

Posted via CB10
    Instagram for Windows Mobile has been in beta since its release, and it's only been updated once.

Instagram Beta for Windows Phone finally gets an update after more than a year http://www.windowscentral.com/instag...fter-more-year
    11-28-15 08:50 PM
    That's what BB hoped the entire time with BB10, but that was always an incredibly naive idea, and one which has roundly been proven false - and not just for BB10, but for WinPhone, WebOS, Tizen, Sailfish, and others.
    But outside of WebOS and WinPhone, don't they all run Android apps?

Developers don't want a dozen OSs, or even a half-dozen. More OSs means more work for less money. That's why the desktop has had 3 basic OS choices for the last 30 years: a "primary OS" (Windows), a high-end option (Apple), and some also-ran niche OSs (Linux variants). The exact same thing is happening in mobile, except the "primary OS" is Android, the high-end option is (as always) Apple, and the also-ran niche is WinPhone. BB10 doesn't even have enough marketshare to count anymore, and it's still shrinking.
    This will ruffle some feathers, but so what? I know a guy who made an app for the iPhone that really does nothing more than play a particular tone. It was about as basic of an app as one could be yet it brought him some decent money. He never was, nor is, in anyway shape or form a dev. Just some dude with an idea and access to a free developer tool kit.

Perhaps if there were more OSs to develop for, more work for less money, than the pro's would be inclined to seriously develop some killer apps. If they have a seriously good app, idea, or whatever than going cross platform should be worth their while. If it is a pain in the arse then app or idea itself must not be so good, no? Otherwise it would be worth it. Most of the big and/or popular apps are developed by teams, anyways, so of course we are only talking about the dude coding in his spare time by himself.

That is not really the problem, however. These days a teenager can create a decent app over the course of weekend or two. That is exactly why the Android ecosystem is ultimately such garbage and why Amazon's is way better than Play if you ask me.

Microsoft, which is in a much stronger position than BB, has spent tens of billions of dollars developing WinPhone and, more importantly, marketing WinPhone, and despite all of that work and treasure still have a very weak ecosystem that lags far behind the market leaders. BB would need to spend its entire corporate worth every quarter, for several years in a row, to have any hope of displacing Tizen as 4th place, much less MS at 3rd, and obviously BB can't come close to doing that.
    Windows Mobile was the most popular mobile OS in the U.S. up until around 2008 or so. Their market share back then was only a few percentage points smaller than what iPhone currently commands today. Just like RIM, they ultimately could not compete with iOS and Android and unlike RIM decided to "modernize" early on with what we now know of as WinPhone in 2011. However, even back in 2011 many felt they were already too late to the game to catch up. MS also made some promises about the phone that did not pan out well for users. One of which was "Xbox on WinPhone". Sure, they brought the titles but not the multiplayer experience many were accustomed to with Xbox consoles. Then there was that goofy Metro interface that kept even the most hardcore "Apple can go suck it" Windows users on W7 (or even XP) and away from W8 phones.

Microsoft also marketed their phones as "productivity devices". Exactly the same thing BlackBerry did. Turns out consumers don't care about productivity. However, unlike BlackBerry/Chen, MSs new CEO Nadella went on record last year as saying something to effect of, and this is not a direct quote, "People already made up their minds and say that Google and Apple won. I don't say that. I think about and say that hey, you are not just a consumer, you are someone who goes to work and needs to be productive. Our phones will help you do that. That is who I want to appeal to." Not only did he redefine "productivity" he also has the jewels to stick to his (er, MS) guns.

Point being, MS changed the OS to something modern and are sticking with it. Nadella also went on record more recently to say that the 950/950 XL was the phone built for the fans. But I suppose that is the luxury of running a company where a few $B is only pocket change. However, it was once speculated that WinPhone could become the most popular vendor in mobile. Obviously that never happened but it might if they ever get that cross-device W10 app thing going.

I guess that is also the difference between being a U.S. company and one from Canada (even though WinPhone is headquartered and run in Nokia's old stomping grounds

t's time to accept the reality of the situation. It makes no difference if BB10 a better OS or not - the battle isn't about OSs and hasn't been since about 2009. The battle is about ecosystems, and BB10 doesn't have one, and never will. BB10's battle is over, and while the last man hasn't yet fallen, its chance of survival, much less victory, is long over.
    It shouldn't have to be a battle. Look, there are people out there who will never want to use Android. And there are people out there who will never want to use iOS. And then there are people out there who don't want Google anything. Niche or not those people are out there. Then there are those, and this includes adults, who have yet to purchase their first smartphone. What do you think these numbers are? 50M people worldwide? 100M? 200M? 500M? BB10 would be a choice for them, and perhaps the most popular "other" option. Otherwise I'll bet you a case of beer that MS is hoping BB10 is truly dead....
    11-28-15 10:49 PM
    Now let's stop trolling because the discussion of this thread took another direction. The person who created it wants a BlackBerry Priv powered by BlackBerry 10 and I hope he will have it.
    Actually as I read it the OP is asking the CB editor/mods/admins if they can post an article asking about getting a BB10 Priv (whatever that means... a poll?). So I guess since none of us are the target of the question, we're all OT. Lol.
    11-29-15 12:39 AM
    The co author of Losing The Signal who was the guest on last week's BerryFlow podcast said that the entire MDM market as a whole is only worth between $5B to maybe $10B USD. Even if BlackBerry commanded 100% of that market they would still only be half the value of what they where at their heyday. Maybe even less.
    Yep. Heard the podcast and I read the book. The MDM market is tiny compared to devices. And then there's the added threat of someone like Microsoft building MDM into their OS and cloud services and basically giving it away. The MDM/software stuff only makes sense if BB can grow it and branch out I am guessing. Things like managing OTA update services for connected cars, etc.
    11-29-15 12:43 AM
    In light of my previous post, why? I wasn't aware that BlackBerry made it difficult to do so.

Posted via CB10
    Because they are not involved in any cutting edge research that would lead to whole new types of applications. Not that I am aware of. Early days they were very clever. Figuring out how to efficiently compress mobile data, bridge various mobile networks with their NOC, and make even POP email seem like push email. Not sure what they might be doing now that no one else has not thought of or can't copy.
    11-29-15 12:49 AM
    I hope IF Priv will release with BB10, also the Priv Android users will has the possibility to swich their phone to BB10.
    I will buy a Priv because I want to upgrade my Z10. But I prefer an BB10 variant if will available.
    To mention: I was 100% satisfied with my Z10, android apps that I used is fully functional on it. But in these days people change their phone because it is available new phones with better specs... Not because they not satisfied with their current phone. Me too...

Posted via CB10
    11-29-15 03:18 AM
    I agree with seletok. A double OS choice may be better to all buyers. Try Android but...Switch to BBOS 10 asap You feel the poor OS like as Android.
    BBOS forever!

Posted via CB10
    11-29-15 08:12 AM
    But outside of WebOS and WinPhone, don't they all run Android apps?
    Officially, no. Unofficially, yes, but they have the same issues that BB10 has with Google Services. Google is only going to ratchet that down tighter over the years.

Perhaps if there were more OSs to develop for, more work for less money, than the pro's would be inclined to seriously develop some killer apps.
    Why would the possibility of doing more work for less money somehow become MORE attractive to developers - pro or otherwise? Do you hear yourself?

If they have a seriously good app, idea, or whatever than going cross platform should be worth their while.
    True - except that "cross-platform" only really requires support for 2 OSs to get nearly everyone (Android + iOS = 96% of the market), and if they add WinPhone, they get 99%. Why would they want to go further, just to try to get fractions of a percent of the market? There's no business case for doing so, which is why it isn't done.

If it is a pain in the arse then app or idea itself must not be so good, no?
    No, this is some incredibly broken logic. The worth or quality of the app has nothing whatsoever to do with the difficulty and costs of bringing it to niche platforms.

That is not really the problem, however. These days a teenager can create a decent app over the course of weekend or two. That is exactly why the Android ecosystem is ultimately such garbage and why Amazon's is way better than Play if you ask me.
    You've got to be the only person on the planet who believes that the Amazon Marketplace is better than Google Play. No one else believes this.

Windows Mobile was the most popular mobile OS in the U.S. up until around 2008 or so.
    I'm well aware - I still have my VX6800 WinMo 6 phone. It was TERRIBLE, but at the time, there really wasn't anything better.

Their market share back then was only a few percentage points smaller than what iPhone currently commands today. Just like RIM, they ultimately could not compete with iOS and Android and unlike RIM decided to "modernize" early on with what we now know of as WinPhone in 2011. However, even back in 2011 many felt they were already too late to the game to catch up. MS also made some promises about the phone that did not pan out well for users. One of which was "Xbox on WinPhone". Sure, they brought the titles but not the multiplayer experience many were accustomed to with Xbox consoles. Then there was that goofy Metro interface that kept even the most hardcore "Apple can go suck it" Windows users on W7 (or even XP) and away from W8 phones.
    Yes, what's your point? 2011 was far too late. MS, like BB, largely stood on the sidelines, dumbstruck by iOS (and soon Android), and instead of immediately moving to a next-gen OS, they tried to compete with their legacy products for years, and got decimated. We all know this.

Microsoft also marketed their phones as "productivity devices". Exactly the same thing BlackBerry did. Turns out consumers don't care about productivity.
    People love to say that here on CB, but it turns out that people very much care about productivity. They also realize that SAYING "we make productivity devices" is not at all the same as actually delivering productivity devices. For most consumers, the ability to run specialized apps for their particular career or field is what makes a device productive - not whether you swipe vs. press a button for the same action. You know just as well as most that BB (and WinPhone, and the others) lack tens or hundreds of thousands of specialized apps that doctors, lawyers, engineers, musicians, day-care workers, etc. etc. use constantly in their businesses. Many restaurants have made mobile devices a key part of their operations, taking orders from the table, point-of-sale, inventory, etc. There are plenty of examples - and none of it is available for BB10, or WinPhone. Today, for the vast majority, their lives don't revolve around managing a half-dozen email accounts (most only have one), but those custom apps for their specific trade or career that make all the difference to them. Plus, of course, when work is done, they also have all of the social apps and leisure apps as well.

Point being, MS changed the OS to something modern and are sticking with it. Nadella also went on record more recently to say that the 950/950 XL was the phone built for the fans. But I suppose that is the luxury of running a company where a few $B is only pocket change. However, it was once speculated that WinPhone could become the most popular vendor in mobile. Obviously that never happened but it might if they ever get that cross-device W10 app thing going.
    Mobile isn't a luxury for MS, it's a necessity. While desktops will never go away, and will always be important, a huge percentage of computing already happens on mobile today, and the growth there hasn't finished. MS has to be involved in mobile, but to make the real money, they have to have their own, relevant platform. Unfortunately, they are a huge company, and their leadership didn't see the real importance of mobile and focus on it until they'd already been crushed there (ironic, because Bill Gates saw it long, long ago). But, as you said, MS has something going for it that few do - a massive bank account and a well-diversified product line that can continue to feed money into mobile for decades to come if that's what it takes. Decades of mostly good decisions benefit them - something BB never had.

I guess that is also the difference between being a U.S. company and one from Canada (even though WinPhone is headquartered and run in Nokia's old stomping grounds
    Again, another irrelevance. BB's problems don't stem from BB being Canadian (most Americans don't even realize this is the case - they assume it's a US company), but rather because founder Mike Lazaridis was an engineer, not a businessman, and his wild successes were almost accidental, being a result of his solutions for one generation's mobile issues. The problem with not being a businessman, though, is that when the next generation of problems appears, a businessman will have little problem leaving behind yesterday's solutions, while a founder/engineer is often far too close to them to see the forest for the trees. That's exactly what happened to Mike - he saw everything as a 2G problem, and even argued against 4G/LTE with the carriers, because he couldn't adapt himself or his company to change.

It shouldn't have to be a battle.
    Business is battle. Always has been, and always will be. BB chose battle when they incorporated. You don't get to decide "it shouldn't be a battle" once you have fought your way to the top - the world will always be full of people trying to knock you off.

Look, there are people out there who will never want to use Android. And there are people out there who will never want to use iOS. And then there are people out there who don't want Google anything. Niche or not those people are out there.
    And those people will get to choose between niche OSs with no apps, and the mainstream options. What's your point?

Then there are those, and this includes adults, who have yet to purchase their first smartphone. What do you think these numbers are? 50M people worldwide? 100M? 200M? 500M? BB10 would be a choice for them, and perhaps the most popular "other" option.
    The vast majority of these people would be best served with iOS and Android - and will be, just like the current userbase. Even if BB10 captured their 0.2% of that 500M userbase, that gives them a big 1M additional users - roughly the number of new devices Android activates every 14 hours.

Otherwise I'll bet you a case of beer that MS is hoping BB10 is truly dead....
    If I drank beer, I'd bet you that MS doesn't give BB10 even a fleeting thought... and I'd be drinking on your money. MS is focusing its mobile attention on iOS and Android, not on BB10 or any of the others.
    DrBoomBotz and StephanieMaks like this.
    11-29-15 11:42 AM
    Of course most developers don't want more than 2 platforms to succeed. It adds to our overall costs.

Plus no one wants to be assigned to the little platform. Of course the top developers and designers want to work on the bigger more successful platforms. It's human nature and the smarter career choice in most cases.

I'm not talking about small $2 apps. I mean the big free apps that people really need on their phones like social media, banking, etc. The apps that now make or break a platform.
    Last edited by app_Developer; 11-29-15 at 05:54 PM.
    southlander likes this.
    11-29-15 05:24 PM
    I convinced a number of people to buy BlackBerry 10 and download BBM. I'm now thinking to myself, what have I done? This company cares more for its shareholders than their customers. That might have worked when they were the top dog but they are not anymore. The priv has 18 months max before they realize they won't be able to syphon off enough money to give to their shareholders. The Priv is dead.

As much as I have started to dislike Chen, I'm starting to hate myself more for giving this company Patronage and so much positive praise in my social circles over the years. I like BlackBerry 10 but I'm sincerely starting to hate the company.

Thank you and f'/-" you Chen, shareholders and board of directors. Stop hurting yourselves with your idiotic decisions. Have a freaking long term vision for once in the life of this company. Do the decent thing.

Remember when the PlayBook getting BlackBerry 10 was cancelled? I was fine with that. A lot of people weren't though. One of those people was my father who bought it with the knowledge that it was going to get the update. It didn't. He refused to get BlackBerry 10. How many other potential customers did you scare away? Bad faith?

Remember putting the for sale sign up after the release of the Q10? I do. I was upset but it didn't bother me too much at that time. I had faith in you guys. I had faith in the company. However, how many potential customers did you scare away with that move? You hurt your own investment. Whoever made that decision should have their name in the dictionary next to ID I OT.

Remember that time everyone who bought a z10 and a z30 wanted a new all touch z50 device? I do. What did you guys do instead? Release two niche devices that no one asked for. You guys thought the real reason your phones weren't selling was because they didn't have a track pad. I'm laughing at the absurdity. How many new potential customers did you scare away with that move? Might have convinced one OS 7 user to switch. I feel sorry for him. Poor guy doesn't know much about technology and only reason he bought it is because he hates change and his old phone had a battery issue.

When those people on OS 7 looked at the competition though, were they going to go for the new iPhone without a keyboard or go for more of the same with BlackBerry's offerings? Yet, again, a lost opportunity to sell to both established BlackBerry 10 customers and legacy users by not offering Z50 with BlackBerry 10. Would not even take many televised advertisement showing you're right up there with your competitors. Could have not made one acquisition of xyz company to cover the costs. But, no, even you guys don't believe in BlackBerry 10. You just want the company to look good in the event a potential buyers drives by the office. Everyone in this company wants to cash out for a quick buck.

But that was okay. I forgave you. You had a plan, I thought. However, you, again, hurt your own investment. Why spend the money in the first place if you are going to waste all the work you spent it on?

Remember you launched the priv running Android? I certainly do. That was the precise moment I quit forgiving. In fact, that was the moment I quit caring about you or your products. Now that you have successfully alienated every customer who has ever purchased a product from you and every developer who has developed for you, now you can get what you want. Close the device business how many people would be surprised at this policy?

Even one of your biggest fans here is having a hard time forgiving you. No wonder Crackberry Kevin dropped the Crackberry from his name. if I were smarter, I would have seen the writing on the wall sooner too.

Thank you and f##� you. You really do deserve it this time. May BlackBerry 10's fate be your future.

Posted via CB10
    11-30-15 07:05 AM
    I convinced a number of people to buy BlackBerry 10 and download BBM. I'm now thinking to myself, what have I done? This company cares more for its shareholders than their customers. That might have worked when they were the top dog but they are not anymore. The priv has 18 months max before they realize they won't be able to syphon off enough money to give to their shareholders. The Priv is dead.

As much as I have started to dislike Chen, I'm starting to hate myself more for giving this company Patronage and so much positive praise in my social circles over the years. I like BlackBerry 10 but I'm sincerely starting to hate the company.

Thank you and f'/-" you Chen, shareholders and board of directors. Stop hurting yourselves with your idiotic decisions. Have a freaking long term vision for once in the life of this company. Do the decent thing.

Remember when the PlayBook getting BlackBerry 10 was cancelled? I was fine with that. A lot of people weren't though. One of those people was my father who bought it with the knowledge that it was going to get the update. It didn't. He refused to get BlackBerry 10. How many other potential customers did you scare away? Bad faith?

Remember putting the for sale sign up after the release of the Q10? I do. I was upset but it didn't bother me too much at that time. I had faith in you guys. I had faith in the company. However, how many potential customers did you scare away with that move? You hurt your own investment. Whoever made that decision should have their name in the dictionary next to ID I OT.

Remember that time everyone who bought a z10 and a z30 wanted a new all touch z50 device? I do. What did you guys do instead? Release two niche devices that no one asked for. You guys thought the real reason your phones weren't selling was because they didn't have a track pad. I'm laughing at the absurdity. How many new potential customers did you scare away with that move? Might have convinced one OS 7 user to switch. I feel sorry for him. Poor guy doesn't know much about technology and only reason he bought it is because he hates change and his old phone had a battery issue.

When those people on OS 7 looked at the competition though, were they going to go for the new iPhone without a keyboard or go for more of the same with BlackBerry's offerings? Yet, again, a lost opportunity to sell to both established BlackBerry 10 customers and legacy users by not offering Z50 with BlackBerry 10. Would not even take many televised advertisement showing you're right up there with your competitors. Could have not made one acquisition of xyz company to cover the costs. But, no, even you guys don't believe in BlackBerry 10. You just want the company to look good in the event a potential buyers drives by the office. Everyone in this company wants to cash out for a quick buck.

But that was okay. I forgave you. You had a plan, I thought. However, you, again, hurt your own investment. Why spend the money in the first place if you are going to waste all the work you spent it on?

Remember you launched the priv running Android? I certainly do. That was the precise moment I quit forgiving. In fact, that was the moment I quit caring about you or your products. Now that you have successfully alienated every customer who has ever purchased a product from you and every developer who has developed for you, now you can get what you want. Close the device business how many people would be surprised at this policy?

Even one of your biggest fans here is having a hard time forgiving you. No wonder Crackberry Kevin dropped the Crackberry from his name. if I were smarter, I would have seen the writing on the wall sooner too.

Thank you and f##� you. You really do deserve it this time. May BlackBerry 10's fate be your future.

Posted via CB10
    100% agree.

Posted via my Z30 (10.3.2.2639)
    11-30-15 07:57 AM
    BB finally made the hardware we who have been using BB10 since inception were waiting for but won't offer it with BB10. That is a crime and spells the end of the hardware business and BB10. I really wanted to believe but the last 2 hardware missteps (Leap and slider) have cause me to lose faith.

Unfortunately, BB no longer understands its value as a smartphone manufacturer. The Leap confirmed this and the slider with only Android pushed it over the edge. While Mr. Chen has done good things with the software and service offering, he really doesn't understand the smartphone business. Blackberry is a high-end brand, period. If he wanted to offer the Leap as a Android or Windows phone, that would have been acceptable but phones like the Passport, slider (Priv is a poor name choice), Z50 (Z30 that is spec compatible with the slider), Classic and Bold (specific design related models) should remain as high-end BB10 specific models. The fact that Mr. Chen and the board can't see this indicates the very sad state of the company.
    02-04-16 08:53 AM
    +1, +100

z10
    02-04-16 09:22 AM
    Deleted

Posted via CB10
    02-04-16 12:52 PM
    Why can't they just install Google play store on BB10? I installed on all my BlackBerry phones and it works great!!

Posted via CB10
    02-04-16 01:27 PM
    Why can't they just install Google play store on BB10? I installed on all my BlackBerry phones and it works great!!
    You installed a hacked GPS on your phone - one that violates Google's Terms Of Service, and one that still doesn't run everything (try Android Wear, or Android Auto - they won't work). If BB did that, they'd be sent a Cease and Desist within a week, and if they ignored it, they'd be sued into the ground by Google.

GPS belongs to Google. They own it - they paid hundreds of millions to develop it - and they have every right to control who uses it.

The fact that they haven't (yet) sued individuals for breaking the TOS doesn't mean they wouldn't sue companies for doing so.
    02-04-16 05:05 PM
    BB10 OS in Priv would be running circles around the droid version.
    02-09-16 07:49 AM
48 12