Hi guys while I was busy browsing the forums a thought came to mind and wanted to ask your opinions. As you know Legacy devices are still using the BB6 and BB7 OS. What I was wondering is if it was possible for Blackberry to push a BB10 preview update to the BlackBerry legacy phones. Im not saying it should be like how exactly the bb10's are working. But for of maybe some similarities working under the same script of BBOS. Do you guys get what I mean? It would still be BBOS but an update that maybe brings BB10 looks? Something like how touchwiz works on top of android. What do u guys think?

Posted via CB10
    11-26-13 02:24 PM
    There was a HTML5 site for Android and iOS visitors to preview BB10 and showed how it worked really well. Lemmie find it!

*Edit* Here it is!

BlackBerry Z10 | Glimpse

Something like this would be far more intrusive than completely changing preview BBOS to "Work like BB10".
    pkcable likes this.
    11-26-13 02:28 PM
    Not really possible as the OS's are so different, even OS 6 and 7 are different. HOWEVER there are BB themes you can get that can give your legacy BB the look of BB10. However you can't get much if any of the functionality.
    11-26-13 02:28 PM
    Hi guys while I was busy browsing the forums a thought came to mind and wanted to ask your opinions. As you know Legacy devices are still using the BB6 and BB7 OS. What I was wondering is if it was possible for Blackberry to push a BB10 preview update to the BlackBerry legacy phones. Im not saying it should be like how exactly the bb10's are working. But for of maybe some similarities working under the same script of BBOS. Do you guys get what I mean? It would still be BBOS but an update that maybe brings BB10 looks? Something like how touchwiz works on top of android. What do u guys think?

Posted via CB10
    Best that could be achieved would be a theme that would make it look like BB10. I believe it was done with the 9720, for the lock screen, if I recall correctly.
    11-26-13 02:29 PM
    Not really possible as the OS's are so different, even OS 6 and 7 are different. HOWEVER there are BB themes you can get that can give your legacy BB the look of BB10. However you can't get much if any of the functionality.
    wow PK we were on the same wavelength.
    pkcable likes this.
    11-26-13 02:29 PM