Is there a way to manually remove or add words to the predictive text dictionary? I know you can add words to the general dictionary, but what I'm looking for is a way to have certain words not corrected by the auto-correct dictionary.

The example would be the word "hell". I very rarely say "he'll" but sadly, often say hell. I would like to have it so auto-correct stops trying to correct something I am trying to say.

Thanks in advance for the help.

P.S.

I apologise if this question has already been asked, but I did do a search (seriously) but did not come up with any results.

~TheRealFixxxer
    10-10-13 12:59 AM
    I'm not entirely sure if there is a specific way for that but something that worked for me (on that very same suggestion i might add) was to not press the spacebar when it suggested "He'll" and swipe up instead. After a good couple of times it stopped auto correcting.
    10-10-13 01:07 AM
    You can also add words to your personal dictionary so they don't get autocorrected. Look under the "Spell Check" section of the "Language and Input" settings menu.
    10-10-13 01:29 AM
    I added it to my personal dictionary but that didn't solve the problem.

Flicking up on the space bar does help however I find more often than not that when I flick on the space bar I actually swipe out of the app back to the active apps menu.

Would love to be able to manually edit this. I would actually love to not have auto-correct on at all but getting used to the touchscreen as opposed to the physical keyboard which I loved so dearly is proving to be difficult.

~TheRealFixxxer
    10-10-13 09:00 AM
    Do you have the keyboard set to learn from your typing?

C0001BBF0 - BlackBerry 10 help channel.
    10-10-13 09:03 AM
    Do you have the keyboard set to learn from your typing?

That I do.

~TheRealFixxxer
    10-10-13 09:15 AM
    I added it to my personal dictionary but that didn't solve the problem.

Flicking up on the space bar does help however I find more often than not that when I flick on the space bar I actually swipe out of the app back to the active apps menu.

Would love to be able to manually edit this. I would actually love to not have auto-correct on at all but getting used to the touchscreen as opposed to the physical keyboard which I loved so dearly is proving to be difficult.

~TheRealFixxxer
    It's a pain in the **** man, I know. But just keep at it. I go through this all the time because I install leaks. And the phone starts anew everytime. I have to reteach it over and over again lol

"If you can't soar with the eagles, then don't fly with the flock!" (BBM#18)
    10-10-13 09:18 AM
    That I do.

~TheRealFixxxer
    Well, then I don't know what to say.

Generally, the predictions are accurate and the corrections are good, but sometimes it replaces my perfectly written "Do" with a "So", "if" with an "of", etc. completely out of context.

And to be honest, I don't remember that happening before 10.1 MR.

10-10-13 09:18 AM

Generally, the predictions are accurate and the corrections are good, but sometimes it replaces my perfectly written "Do" with a "So", "if" with an "of", etc. completely out of context.

Me neither.

The 10.1 MR seemed to make it really bad however with each successive leak I've installed it has been getting better but not as good as it was with 10.0.

~TheRealFixxxer
    10-10-13 09:28 AM
    I just remove all the words. I know it doesn't seem right but even after it's cleared it doesn't hurt your typing and it relearn very quickly.

As of MR 10.1, I haven't found a way to selectively remove.
    10-10-13 09:41 AM

That I believe is a different issue. The dictionary will keep words from,being flagged as mistyped.

The context changing may be due to the predictive nature and heat mapping of trying to guess what you mean to type based on previous compositions. It's supposed to get smarter over time.

The poster who recommended to "keep at it" may have the best advice in this case. Hopefully it'll better learn.
    10-10-13 10:48 AM