Hi, I want to ask what opinions do you all have regarding the extent of "BB10 integration" between devices?

The reason I'm asking this is because I want to ask if the following is possible with QNX / BB10: transferring control over to your PlayBook from your BB10 phone (let's say London for the sake of this post).
    Imagine you're coming home from work/school, and you normally leave your PlayBook at home. You Bridge your London and your PlayBook and now your PlayBook IS your London. You can access all your London's apps and make phone calls using your PlayBook. Or imagine you're reading an e-book on the bus while traveling home and when you get home you Bridge your BB devices and you can now continue reading on your PlayBook. The two key differences from what we have now are that it's different from using the "view on PlayBook" function on the Bridge because you're using the PlayBook as your phone and not simply opening a link on your PlayBook's browser, and the PlayBook isn't simply being used as a "projector/screen".

Thoughts? (I apologize if this idea has been brought up before but I couldn't find it on the BB10 OS, PlayBook, or Tablet OS forums)

*EDIT: I forgot to mention that this idea is when PlayBook gets BB10.
    Last edited by z1nsane; 12-04-12 at 11:37 AM.
    bluetroll likes this.
    12-04-12 09:30 AM
    QNX supports extremely powerful "distributed processing" models, which are efficient, fast, and secure. The sky's the limit with this stuff. Whether or not we'll see any of it in BB10 at launch is of course a different story.

Personally, I don't expect a whole lot aside from something much like the existing "Bridge" capability, for launch. Once the PlayBook itself gets BB10, then I'll be looking for a whole lot more sophisticated functionality. (I hope my expectations are set too low actually.. if the PlayBook is really well integrated with the BB10 phones even at launch, that's 2M phones sold right there. ;-) )
    jagrlover likes this.
    12-04-12 10:58 AM
    Oh, I should've mentioned that I meant after PlayBook gets BB10.

I'd also like to know if anyone would think that would be a feature you would find useful
    12-04-12 11:36 AM
    Oh, I should've mentioned that I meant after PlayBook gets BB10.

I'd also like to know if anyone would think that would be a feature you would find useful
    any feature can be useful at one time or an another
    12-04-12 11:53 AM
    i apsolutley want this. i have been trying to engineer or find an easy solution to something o want at home. for example if a PlayBook stays at home . and bridges automatically , i want the PlayBook to start playing a list of music . pr some other function. i would like to start programming some functions into the playbok when my phone gets in proximity to it at anytime or a set time of day.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    12-04-12 12:47 PM
    It's concept similar to that of iCloud, but taken even further. It is definitely possible with cloud computing, but a sensible, practical and seamless solution for this concept will most likely have to wait a few more years. The endless possibilities are definitely super exciting though!
    12-04-12 02:21 PM
    Well, since we should be able to connect out desktop/laptops to our phones via the new desktop manager I'd imagine even better things when connecting our phones and tablets.

Edit: the connection between our phones and tablets is supposed to allow us to access things on our computers while we are away from them.
    12-04-12 02:59 PM
    i posted something like this before... however, it was about PlayBook in cars.

Imagine, you sit in your car and your BB10 phone and car console (PlayBook) are seamlessly linked. Your PlayBook displays everything on your phone...

I love the idea... it's a great idea to do the same if you are at home!
    z1nsane likes this.
    12-04-12 04:07 PM