Hi all,

I am on the verge of getting a new BB10 device -- I think it is time to give up on my 9900 and I have an upgrade from my carrier. This is also the last chance I am giving to BB to fix the elementary problems (even with email sync!).

I recently switched all my email accounts to outlook.com, so I can have Exchange Activesync and TRUE mirroring of the changes both-ways (i.e. mark as read an email on my PC will mark the email as read IMMEDIATELY on ALL other devices)

So far I've haven't found any straight answers to my questions -- therefore I'm posting them here!

1. Does BB10 support outlook.com accounts? Can I set them up as EAS? Will I have TRUE TWO-WAY SYNC on my emails? We all remember the dreadful sync with Gmail all those years. Marking read something on the PC did not reflect on the phone -- not immediately (sometimes it took hours) at least. So far, only the iphone (I can't believe I'm saying this) has been working flawlessly with EAS on outlook.com

2. What about calendar sync with outlook.com?

3. Push/pull contacts? Is there true sync there? Also, does BB10 support CardDAV?
    09-24-13 08:32 AM
    outlook.com works just fine and is fully compatiable with BB10. I have an outlook and hotmail account on mine.
    sparkaction likes this.
    09-24-13 08:41 AM
    Hi all,

I am on the verge of getting a new BB10 device -- I think it is time to give up on my 9900 and I have an upgrade from my carrier. This is also the last chance I am giving to BB to fix the elementary problems (even with email sync!).

I recently switched all my email accounts to outlook.com, so I can have Exchange Activesync and TRUE mirroring of the changes both-ways (i.e. mark as read an email on my PC will mark the email as read IMMEDIATELY on ALL other devices)

So far I've haven't found any straight answers to my questions -- therefore I'm posting them here!

1. Does BB10 support outlook.com accounts? Can I set them up as EAS? Will I have TRUE TWO-WAY SYNC on my emails? We all remember the dreadful sync with Gmail all those years. Marking read something on the PC did not reflect on the phone -- not immediately (sometimes it took hours) at least. So far, only the iphone (I can't believe I'm saying this) has been working flawlessly with EAS on outlook.com

3. Push/pull contacts? Is there true sync there? Also, does BB10 support CardDAV?
    Good morning, mrenglishman! Our distinguished howarmat answered your first question, so I'd like to answer questions two and three based on my experiences with outlook.com:

Yes, my calendar on my Z syncs with outlook, and it's both ways. What I mean by that is; when I add an event to the calendar on my phone, I can go to my PC, log into outlook, and I will see that new entry. This goes both ways; if I am on my PC and add a calendar appointment in outlook, it shows up on my phone.

On question three: Yes, push/pull contacts also works. I can edit on my PC and see it on my phone, and vice-versa. I have seen others discuss compatibility with CardDAV and CalDAV, but I cannot speak to those as I don't have experience with them.

Again, I base my answers using Outlook, as this is what I use.

If you choose to get a BB10 device, I think you will be really happy, but only you can make that decision. Although I miss some functionality of OS7, I do not regret getting my Z. Good luck!
    09-24-13 08:51 AM
    Jep Works good with outlook.com you just need the right setup
    09-24-13 10:14 AM
    I have BB link, on my PC, but the app does not sync contacts / calander / tasks etc... What am I missing?
    Am using the new BB 9956..
    09-24-13 10:40 AM
    Regarding, #3 yes it does. I use outlook.com for email and calendar and Google for contacts.

The only issue I've seen is that you have to have all your contacts in the cloud first before you sync. It won?t upload local contacts unless they are created after the sync is made.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-13 10:47 AM
    Works great on my Z10 and I have an Outlook email, calendar, contacts, and everything else outlook offerss

Posted via CB10
    09-24-13 10:52 AM
    Yup, works well. I actually think that account is the best one.

Posted from the Shield Helicarrier
    09-24-13 11:01 AM
    I have BB link, on my PC, but the app does not sync contacts / calander / tasks etc... What am I missing?
    Am using the new BB 9956..
    The OP is talking about integrating an outlook.com account. Your case is different BB Link should sync contacts and calender but does not sync tasks and notes like the Desktop Manages used to do. BB Link is not a great software, BB is not in a hurry to develop it and probably never will bring all the Desktop Manager features back give it's more of a consumer tool, enterprise customers use BES and dont need it.
    09-24-13 11:02 AM
    Hi all,

Outlook.com is much more better than Google App experience on BB10. Everything works like you expect however read/unread isnt always immediate, sometime it can take a minute or two especially if from device to outlook.com
    09-24-13 11:06 AM
    Regarding, #3 yes it does. I use outlook.com for email and calendar and Google for contacts.

The only issue I've seen is that you have to have all your contacts in the cloud first before you sync. It won?t upload local contacts unless they are created after the sync is made.

Posted via CB10
    Ah....I have that issue. How to resolve it?

Thanks

Edit: I saw this has been discussed http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ok-com-861594/ but still an very cumbersome process....
    Last edited by 123nat; 11-18-13 at 03:13 PM.
    11-18-13 02:52 PM
    I've got outlook.com calender events showing up on my phone, but can't get it synced the other way. Any ideas?

Edit: Thanks to Guillaumeb I found the answer. "My outlook.com calendars work perfectly via EAS. Though you need to go to settings > accounts > options (three vertical dots at the bottom) > set defaults and select your live (outlook) calendar over there to ensure that new entries made on the phone will default there "
    Last edited by slowrvr; 11-18-13 at 10:23 PM. Reason: Found solution
    11-18-13 10:08 PM
    I know that a "search on server" function is available with outlook.com. I believe this means you can search for your emails on their server rather than needing to have them on your device.

STL100-3 10.2.1.1055 CB10
    11-18-13 10:23 PM
    Hi There! I'm a newbie as my title says and I've looked for this answer but can't seem to find it on the threads here, but please direct me if I'm repeating the question.

How, how, how can I get my Z10 to work with MS Outlook 2013/BlackBerry Link v1.2.3.48? Or, should I change my calendaring system because I'm darn ready to right now.

Many thanks, KG3
    06-19-14 01:01 PM
    I use outlook.com. I synk my emails, calendar and contacts with it and works great.

Visit my BBM Channel ~ C000E96F6
    06-19-14 01:05 PM
    Sorry for hijacking this thread, but what about multiple calendars on Outlook.com? For example I have three calendars on my account: Work, private and holiday. From what I understand, you can only sync to one of them using BB10. On my Windows Phone I just enable calendar sync for that account and the system immediatly gives access to all three calendars where I can view, create and edit appointments.

Double-typed and posted with a BlackBerry Q10.
    07-28-14 11:26 PM
    Hello,

I am sorry if I may be hijacking this thread.

I am also currently using outlook.com account and use EAS capabilities that much better than solution from Gmail.

I currently utilize the e-mail sync only on outlook.com and the only problem that I found is synchronizing the Draft folder.

When I draft e-mail on outlook.com website, it also syncs on Z10; but when I draft e-mail on Z10, it does not sync on outlook.com

I also found this problem when using Gmail through IMAP, so apparently the problem is on the BB10 handset.

Guys, do you have any solution for this problem?

Thank you.

Posted via CB10
    07-29-14 04:01 AM
    I'm glad it works for everyone as it certainly does not work for me
    I've been having issues about being able to send email through it but not receive. I do not like it's interface and wish I could get it to do what I need it to do.

I've researched this only to find that it does not work for a lot others as well and have heard many times over that BlackBerry is not supported. Wish there were clear simple instructions with diagrams on how to be able to set up and use an account minus all of the issues presented

Posted via CB10
    07-29-14 07:26 AM
    I have a Hotmail and outlook email on my z30.i sync contacts and calender too.all work great and is 2 eay

Posted via CB10
    07-29-14 09:55 AM
    Well for my outlook.com account almost all my calendars are duplicated on my berry. The duplicates are empty though. Quite annoying.

07-29-14 10:35 AM
    Sorry for hijacking this thread, but what about multiple calendars on Outlook.com? For example I have three calendars on my account: Work, private and holiday. From what I understand, you can only sync to one of them using BB10. On my Windows Phone I just enable calendar sync for that account and the system immediatly gives access to all three calendars where I can view, create and edit appointments.

When I add new calendars in my outlook account they all sync to my BlackBerry. Then I can use the calendar app to manage if I want it visible or not. If the calendar is r/w in outlook I can edit on the device as well.

Posted via CB10 on my Zed10. Find me on Twitter @jeffgerard
    07-29-14 10:38 AM
    I've got multiple calendars on my outlook.com account and have no problems at all on my BB, tablet and laptop. Works beautifully

Z30STA100-2/10.3.0.296
    07-29-14 11:37 AM
    I've got multiple calendars on my outlook.com account and have no problems at all on my BB, tablet and laptop. Works beautifully

Z30STA100-2/10.3.0.296
    Have you activated any specific or custom settings? On my Q10, I just go to Hub, settings, accounts and select my outlook.com account. Next I enable calendar syncing and save everything. Yet 3 out of 5 calendars are being duplicated, even though there doesn't seem to be any entries in the duplicates.

07-29-14 12:20 PM
    I just wanted to state that silly me has solved his problem. I simply deleted the whole outlook.com account on my device and added it again. This time enabling calendar sync right away when setting it up. Now no calendar shows any duplicates!

07-30-14 03:09 AM
    I think that Outlook.com is the best free system to use as long as you can live with a couple of limitations. You have to have less than 1500 contacts and the notes in those contacts have to less than 1000 characters.

Outlook.com is the only free account that syncs with just about any device and also works with Microsoft Outlook in Windows, or Windows Live Mail so you can use a real program instead of a lame web interface. At least the web interface is okay if you do have to use it.

On top of that it works great on BB10.

Posted using CB10 on my Verizon Z10
    07-30-14 03:51 AM
36 12