There seem to be numerous bugs with the Z10, which is what I would expect on a .0 release of any software. Do you think that there might be a fix / service pack for these issues prior to the launch in the US?

-J
    02-12-13 10:48 AM
    i think so... otherwise, bb will get bad press all over again...
    BBJonbo likes this.
    02-12-13 10:50 AM
    Which bugs are you talking about? I doubt anyone here would know if there will be an update to resolve these issues prior to the US launch.
    02-12-13 10:52 AM
    My brother-in-law had to do a battery pull last night.
    02-12-13 11:36 AM
    My Z10 doesn't have any bugs.

It is short on a few typical BB/Smartphone features that I have become accustomed to over the years but I'm certain most, if not all, of them will appear in future updates.
    NightSlayer likes this.
    02-12-13 12:11 PM
    My Z10 doesn't have any bugs.

It is short on a few typical BB/Smartphone features that I have become accustomed to over the years but I'm certain most, if not all, of them will appear in future updates.
    Every z10 has a bug. For instance, right now Web works developers are getting screwed over because if you use <input type="Number"> it uses the wrong keyboard. It's a numeric keyboard that doesn't have decimal or other keys useful for currency.

If you don't believe me, download my app in my signature and see for yourself. I just got a bad review for it which sucks because it's not my fault and updates take a month to push through. Lol.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-12-13 12:15 PM
    There seem to be numerous bugs with the Z10, which is what I would expect on a .0 release of any software. Do you think that there might be a fix / service pack for these issues prior to the launch in the US?
    I don't think anyone here knows for sure, just informed speculation

I'm even more concerned about the loss of traditional BBOS features, and whether they're going to be added back in before the US launch or if this is a new minimalist direction for BlackBerry. The PlayBook never got them, so I'm not so sure they're ever coming to the phones either. I do like the gestures in BB10 and on my PlayBook, but not enough to give up the features I rely on with my 9650.
    02-12-13 12:29 PM
    Every z10 has a bug. For instance, right now Web works developers are getting screwed over because if you use <input type="Number"> it uses the wrong keyboard. It's a numeric keyboard that doesn't have decimal or other keys useful for currency.

If you don't believe me, download my app in my signature and see for yourself. I just got a bad review for it which sucks because it's not my fault and updates take a month to push through. Lol.

Relax, I don't doubt you. Is this something that the typical end user/consumer will ever notice?

I would hope that an app developer wouldn't release an app they are not happy with or doesn't work as expected.
    02-12-13 12:33 PM
    Relax, I don't doubt you.
    I am relaxed?

Is this something that the typical end user/consumer will ever notice?
    Yes, see my previous post.

I would hope that an app developer wouldn't release an app they are not happy with or doesn't work as expected.
    It was to be fixed for release but has not been. It also takes a really long time to get an update approved due to the back log so now it'll take me a long time to actually change my app.
    02-12-13 12:50 PM
    My brother-in-law had to do a battery pull last night.
    for what reason?
    02-12-13 12:54 PM
    This is actually more to do with the OS not the device itself, so I retitled the thread and moved it to the OS sub forum. Yes an update is in the works.
    02-12-13 12:59 PM
    for what reason?

All I got was this "Had to do a battery pull last night when the screen froze..."
    02-12-13 06:43 PM
    Why doesn't Kevin as BlackBerry why the system is freezing for people even though the micro-kernel design is supposed to make that impossible. The micro-kernel design is supposed to make the phone bullet proof and yet people are having problems even when just doing basic things.
    How does this happen?
    02-12-13 06:51 PM
    Some apps have settings to pass back information to the vendor to help improve the product. Does the Z10 and BB10?
    This would allow them to determine what is causing these issues, assuming it works when the phone freezes.
    02-12-13 06:54 PM
    Some apps have settings to pass back information to the vendor to help improve the product. Does the Z10 and BB10?
    This would allow them to determine what is causing these issues, assuming it works when the phone freezes.
    Yes ot does unless you turn it off.

Ans Yes OS fix is in the works

02-12-13 07:00 PM
    Yes ot does unless you turn it off.

Ans Yes OS fix is in the works

Then I will leave mine on for the first little while in hopes of giving them more information to go on should something happen.
    02-12-13 07:14 PM
    I'm sure the US versions will launch with a later version of the operating system probably at least a month later version based on the timing.
    02-12-13 07:15 PM
    I'm sure the US versions will launch with a later version of the operating system probably at least a month later version based on the timing.
    Only if they are updated ota. If there are better versions of the OS available now, they should push them out to Canadian and UK owners.
    02-12-13 09:08 PM
    Only if they are updated ota. If there are better versions of the OS available now, they should push them out to Canadian and UK owners.
    I don't believe BlackBerry would willingly hold back good OS updates at this time. The company is very keen on the BlackBerry Z10 launch being successful. Keep in mind that BlackBerry is working furiously on both on getting BlackBerry Q10 out along with its accompanying launch of BlackBerry 10.1 and, also, on a separate timeline, on completing the release of BES 10 and all its accompanying products.
    02-12-13 09:20 PM
    Here are some bugs mine has; 1)Freeze on lockscreen, needed reboot. 2) screen when all stretched looking when going from landscape to portrait, needed reboot. 3) Settings menu ocationaly does not work, needed reboot. But the battery life is awesome, better then what I have been hearing. Anyone els?
    02-18-13 12:10 AM
    Yesterday was the first time since getting the phone on launch where I pulled it out of my holster and saw a Rogers app was frozen solid in the middle of launching. Couldn't do nothing but hold the top power button for 10 seconds for the phone to shut down and restart. Not sure what caused that. Otherwise the phone works flawlessly. Don't miss my 9900 at all.

The Link software is utter garbage. Seems the days of assigning where you want your data saved to is gone. Honestly the Link software is the killer right now.
    02-18-13 08:49 AM
    Why doesn't Kevin as BlackBerry why the system is freezing for people even though the micro-kernel design is supposed to make that impossible. The micro-kernel design is supposed to make the phone bullet proof and yet people are having problems even when just doing basic things.
    How does this happen?
    That's a question that I would love to get an answer to. If I remember correctly, that was a huge selling point for the new qnx os. Basically that apps couldn't crash the main system software, yet its happened many times on my playbook and apparently is also happening on the z10.
    02-18-13 09:05 AM
    I've had a number of issues since purchasing the Z10 - one of the most weird ones being the top half of the screen refreshing into a much lower resolution. The lower half freezes (with generally my wallpaper) at the normal resolution. I can go in and out of apps which appear fine, but when I go back to the home page, resolution is screwed again.

Had to reset my hub a few times as emails from hotmail account sometimes gets stuck.

Had phone freeze too, resulting in a battery pull on more than one occaision.

Had issues that have probably been noted elsewhere within apps for example adding a new appt in the diary causes the app to close when entering the time.

Nothing major overall, just frustrating. Still think the phone rocks!
    02-18-13 09:27 AM
    24 hours in....no glitches yet
    02-18-13 10:13 AM
    I've only had mine for a few days but haven't had any issues yet. Battery life is great. Had my calendar working and then foolishly tried to delete it and reinstall as I couldn't get a 2 way sync going. According to another thread I now have to wait 24 hours before doing a reinstall but that is on Google.

I did keep on that 'help us improve your software experience' option so if I do have any glitches BlackBerry will hopefully get the info but so far so good.
    02-18-13 11:00 AM
33 12