Hi:

Currently I have an android and with my contract completed I'm thinking of coming back to BBRY.

Have a quick question.

On my old BB9700 (which I still have), I was able to designate a different ringtone for phone calls, emails, BBM & text for each individual contact on the phone.

Do you still have that capability with BB10?

Thanks.

Spring
    12-04-13 03:04 PM
    Yes! Under contact, edit.. and at the bottom, option to set custom ring tone and notifications for the contact.

Posted via CB10
    12-04-13 03:08 PM
    Yes! Under contact, edit.. and at the bottom, option to set custom ring tone and notifications for the contact. Posted via CB10
    In my case, I am able to set various custom sms tones for my contacts. The problem is they don't work because the one tone in Settings/Notifications/Applications/Core Applications/Text Messages always takes over if its Sound is turned on. The custom tones work only if the Sound is off, but that would mean text messages from people who don't have custom tones do not generate any sound. I am on 10.2.1.1055 now. I don't know if this issue is OS version specific.
    12-11-13 01:51 AM
    In my case, I am able to set various custom sms tones for my contacts. The problem is they don't work because the one tone in Settings/Notifications/Applications/Core Applications/Text Messages always takes over if its Sound is turned on. The custom tones work only if the Sound is off, but that would mean text messages from people who don't have custom tones do not generate any sound. I am on 10.2.1.1055 now. I don't know if this issue is OS version specific.
    works for me. try reloading the leak.
    12-11-13 03:14 AM
    OP, additonal custom notifications for text messaging and "other messaging" are only available on the leaked OS 10.2.1.1055. as of right now, the official 10.2.0.xxx only supports custom notifications for phone calls, emails, and bbm. though, there are several apps available that can do the job I believe (if you don't want to install a leaked OS).
    12-11-13 03:18 AM
    works for me. try reloading the leak.
    So, is Sound in your Settings/Notifications/Applications/Core Applications/Text Messages turned off or on?
    12-11-13 04:27 AM
    Yes they work for me with sound "on". That said, I'm on official10.2. Not brave enough to install leaks.

Posted via CB10
    12-11-13 11:24 AM
    To answer the OP's question, you cannot assign a custom ring tone for an individual contact on 10.2.0.xxx for sms/texts, but you can individually for everything else (except for LED as well). Apps have bridged that gap at the moment until future OS versions address this.
    12-11-13 12:32 PM
    So, is Sound in your Settings/Notifications/Applications/Core Applications/Text Messages turned off or on?
    On.

Posted via CB10
    12-11-13 01:38 PM