I Just recently own a TomTom Go500 Satnav system.
    This provides excellent 'Live Traffic' info and gives suggestions on how to save time by diverting bottlenecks.
    This service really works great (even abroad), as long as you have a (roaming) data plan and as long as the Bluetooth tethering line is 'up and running'

When inserted into it's cradle, the TomTom establishes an open line to the Z10. When abroad the Z10 responds with a screen warning about roaming data costst. The line is opened after accepting the dataroaming costst warning.
    This screen pops up even if in the Z10 mobile settings 'dataservices while roaming' is set to 'on'.

Well this one-time-extra-check might not deliver a real problem.
    Real problem IS that this data raoming cost warning is popping up every now and then. Driving for 5 hours on the M1/M25 i had to accept is maybe 50 times! no kidding! Setting the device to manual networkselection, did not help at all.
    When i would not accept this 'nagging' data raoming message, the bluetooth connection would drop, leaving me without 'live services'
    Something you don't want on a friday afternoon navigating on the M1/M25!

Apparantly dataroaming while driving around, abroad, with a z10 tethered to a Satnav is a situation the BB10 OS development team not take into account!

time for a BB10 update?
    08-18-14 04:41 AM
    It seems that two issues are in place:

1) Roaming charges are *always* warned if BB10 is used as teathering device (I *assume* this is how you use it via BT). This is probably by design, but you could argue the prompt could be disabled.
    2) For some reason the the prompt is shown quite often. This could indicate a timeout happening where the BB10 closes the connection and shows the warning again when some activity happens.

IMHO you should report this issue to BlackBerry as it makes the feature unusable.
    Either open a support ticket or suggest it on blackberry.icanmakeitbetter.com

Thanks for sharing you experience!
    wollumx likes this.
    08-18-14 05:33 AM
    Thanks,
    How do i file a support ticket? Blackberry seems like a clamshell to me.
    I made the suggestion thru [email protected], but received a message that only existing tickets were supported.

And i contacted @blackberryhelp, but that was not very helpful, to say the least.
    (Although i was perfectly honourable, and spoke very well mannered and positive, i was blacklisted: they do not respond anymore to my tweets)

I just made the suggestion on icanmakeitbetter, because both TomTom as well as Z10 deserve better!
    08-18-14 06:46 AM
    You might be able to do it through your carrier. If not you have to go directly to BlackBerry who unfortunately charges a fee. I think it is $49. They might cancel the fee if they concider it a product flaw.

http://blackberry.icanmakeitbetter.com is free but you won't get much feedback. Other users can comment on you suggestion and vote for it.
    You might also consider adding "Option for allowing x MB roaming data before warning/stopping". This could effectively keep costs down.
    wollumx likes this.
    08-19-14 07:33 AM