In general I'm happy with my z10,
    Butas a phone it could really use some improvements, Right Away!

I am not al all satisfied with the notification part of bb10.
    I used to choose between two settings that i completely accustomed to my own preference: 'normal' and 'muted'.
    With bb10, if i adversely used the volume keys, i suddenly realise i cannot hear my phone ringing anymore!
    (because it's ringing sound is lower (or higher) than 'normal').The old bb7 approach worked perfect! (they made perfect phones, or not?)

So, I would suggest: copy the (userinterface of the) bb7 notification segment and port it to bb10.

Also, even more annoying are the loud tones i hear when i use the 0-9 phone pad. These are VERY irritating and simply too loud.
    There is no way of adjusting the volume of these tones, other than to MUTE all sounds, thru several menu's or by using the volume controls (the mute button does not work)
    I totally NOT understand the sense of this. It is very anoying to everytime adjust the volume.

So, Please BB make this available in the first upcoming OS update.

is there any news on how this will work on BB10.3?
    Last edited by wollumx; 08-18-14 at 04:59 AM.
    rai187 and moyah8 like this.
    04-01-14 10:25 AM
    You can go to silence all by pulling down settings and tapping profiles
    04-01-14 10:41 AM
    Thats no solution this is very very much needed, I am in silent and almost missed a call from my parents in the middle of the night -- they were in an accident -- where are my custom profiles and custom contacts? level 1 alerts?

Blackberry forgot who their customers were enough said.
    04-01-14 10:44 AM
    What OS are you currently on? If 10.2.1.xxx you should be able to customize through settings > notifications> customization> contacts

Posted via CB10
    04-01-14 10:55 AM
    No man, silent means silent for all, it will not over ride specific contacts, (because the global profile rules)
    04-01-14 01:26 PM
    You have to set main notification "normal" on and then set individual profiles / contacts to suit your needs. Option is there if you have the time to fiddle with it.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-14 02:24 PM
    get some led apps like "power tools" and/or pebble smart watch.

If you get the smartwatch, you will never, ever, ever again have problem about dealing with notifications.
    04-01-14 03:08 PM
    What OS are you currently on? If 10.2.1.xxx you should be able to customize through settings > notifications> customization> contacts

i am on 10.2.1.2102, t-mobile official.
    The adjustments i want are not about contacts. At least i cannot sea a way over 'contacts' leading to adjusting the notification mode. I want to be able for instance to set the volume of the ringtone, independent of the previous position of volume of my headphone!

about the dialpad: when i am at the office using the z10 my collegues can clearly here me dialling.I hold no secrets for them, but they make fun of the sounds when i am dialling. it's just inappropriately loud!

Posted via CB10
    04-01-14 03:38 PM
    I just played around with this and I see no way to independently turn off the dial pad sound or adjust the volume separately from phone volume. I know it it's a bit of a pain but I would just mute all sound before dialing if it's not too much to ask until a fix cones out for this.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-14 06:26 PM
    You can go to silence all by pulling down settings and tapping profiles
    This is not a solution! It's an option, I called BlackBerry a year ago when I got my Z10, and was told it's being worked on. I now have a z30 w the same problem. One thing that attracted me to a BlackBerry was the ability of putting it in a holster and not having to worry about it. If I wanted options like a pull down screen I would of switched to a IPhone or a droid. Blackberry users do not want options we want solutions!

Posted via CB10
    Damatrix02 likes this.
    04-01-14 09:52 PM
    You have to set main notification "normal" on and then set individual profiles / contacts to suit your needs. Option is there if you have the time to fiddle with it.

Posted via CB10
    I didn't mean to hijack the thread but Normal doesn't work since you since would need to set phone to silent, except for certain numbers, I know what you mean I am currently using this work around thanks dude!
    04-02-14 09:07 AM
    get some led apps like "power tools" and/or pebble smart watch.

If you get the smartwatch, you will never, ever, ever again have problem about dealing with notifications.
    PowerTools another option uses geofencing which uses battery, and the timed auto profiler assumes I will be in the same place ever 3pm of everyday. My life is unfortunately a little different than most and I travel alot - I just want to know I can recieve a call from certain people at all times.
    04-02-14 09:09 AM
    BB10 notifications/sound profiles/phonepad: please bring me back to: BB7-img_20140402_104921.png

If you use the bottom toggle you won't be able to change ringer volume just by pressing volume keys. Yes more custom notification would be nice but fine for me.

Posted via CB10
    Damatrix02 likes this.
    04-02-14 09:51 AM
    I also miss this bb7 feature in bb10

In bb7 we could modify the volume of every app within a profile. So i could i.e. make bbm "shout" and mail "silent" and another one just vibrate.

Not to mention the colour of the led... missing advanced os...

Posted via CB10
    vagos2006 likes this.
    04-03-14 06:56 AM

In bb7 we could modify the volume of every app within a profile. So i could i.e. make bbm "shout" and mail "silent" and another one just vibrate.

Posted via CB10
    Me thinks someone needs to look at the options. Other than led color.
    04-03-14 07:03 AM
    I must say: i am impressed with the amount of workarounds we all find to cope with the issue. and the patinece we all have with BB

The BB10 software simply is a completely newly built os. It is not yet polished. BB7 was!
    So, i want the productivity i found in BB7 (and i was very happy with) to be ported to BB10, (and some extra)
    That is it!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140402_104921.png 
Views:	539 
Size:	69.7 KB 
ID:	260220

If you use the bottom toggle you won't be able to change ringer volume just by pressing volume keys. Yes more custom notification would be nice but fine for me.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-14 04:04 PM
    I agree that the notification customization sucks in BB10 compared to BBOS.

Posted via CB10
    04-06-14 05:50 AM
    i saw those options but what i say is that you can't play with the volume of notifications, just on or off.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-14 04:05 AM

Posted via CB10
    I miss this feature as well. I've been waiting a long time to get this feature back. I don't think we'll get this on 10.3. Maybe 10.4. BlackBerry needs to bring this to BB10 asap.

Posted by my awesome Z10
    04-12-14 04:13 AM
    No man, silent means silent for all, it will not over ride specific contacts, (because the global profile rules)
    You can put in bedside mode and then set rules like allow calls from and notifications from certain people.

I don't mean to be rude, please don't take this the wrong way, but if you're anything like me and have those worries, just leave the phone on and deal with occasional wrong number.

Sure you have the right to ask BlackBerry for a fix, but they can't do it all at once. Sorry for the inconvenience the current options are causing.

Sent via CrackBerry Forums
    kbz1960 likes this.
    04-12-14 04:18 AM
    You can put in bedside mode and then set rules like allow calls from and notifications from certain people.

I don't mean to be rude, please don't take this the wrong way, but if you're anything like me and have those worries, just leave the phone on and deal with occasional wrong number.

Sure you have the right to ask BlackBerry for a fix, but they can't do it all at once. Sorry for the inconvenience the current options are causing.

Sent via CrackBerry Forums
    Or switch to a phone that has this feature standard? Dude, I don't mean to be rude but can everyone stop letting these huge BB fails go? It's a couple lines of code, Double Type Rate, Vibration Lengths (not amounts) where are all these features. I am an IT technician if I wanted an easy to use iPhone I would have never gotten a BBRY in the first place.

Yes my work around now is normal with no sound on anything except customized profiles, thanks.
    04-14-14 08:45 AM
    Custom led and geo-monitoring for notification should be standard on the OS

Posted via CB10
    04-14-14 10:11 AM
    **** BlackBerry 10 I like BlackBerry 7 more

Posted via CB10
    I see where you are coming from, though I would not dismiss the power of BB10 so harshly.

I love my Q10 and what BB10 has done to it. I just do miss some of the settings / customisation options which were present in BB7 (one being the notification). It just seems like on BB7 you could tune down every single notification and on BB10 the choices are not so much there!

I do LOVE my BB10 and Q10 which together I believe are the best combination of style, flow and elegance... along with productivity.
    04-14-14 10:32 AM
    I see where you are coming from, though I would not dismiss the power of BB10 so harshly.

I love my Q10 and what BB10 has done to it. I just do miss some of the settings / customisation options which were present in BB7 (one being the notification). It just seems like on BB7 you could tune down every single notification and on BB10 the choices are not so much there!

I do LOVE my BB10 and Q10 which together I believe are the best combination of style, flow and elegance... along with productivity.
    I feel like I lost that grip on my communications ever since I went BB10, I was never that 'how come you never pick up the phone guy' because I knew who was important, and could set my profile accordingly.

Just my two sense, elegant or not, my Torch 1 and 2 did have a landscape home screen and a dock... with auto bedside mode, after certain hours.

:'(
    04-14-14 01:47 PM
    Hey, I just kind of wish they'd bring back the cellular activity indicator (you know, that nifty little arrow in the corner showing send and receive). Thought that was kind of helpful in its own way.
    04-14-14 02:48 PM
26 12