Hello all,

I have been reading around the forums for quite some time now, as I wanted to get a Blackberry Passport before BB10 is completely dead. I finally found a good deal on an AZERTY from France on ebay and I have been using it for the last week. Throughout this time, I have gathered some questions that I couldn’t find the answers to in other threads or I have found various answers from different dates, not knowing which one to follow. So here it goes:

1)I am used to QWERTY so I immediately changed it to that in the phone settings and this works when I am typing text. But still the phone does not fully behave as QWERTY. For example on the virtual keyboard, the special characters are mapped to an AZERTY layout; similarly for shortcuts from the homescreen. I know this is a small problem but is there a fix?

2)I am using the phone the phone in the UK and the software on it is 10.3.2.2836 . It says that this is the latest update and it can’t find 10.3.3. Should I stick with that or should I use an autoloader to get the latest version.

3)I use facebook and messenger to communicate with others and I am currently using the native apps from Nemory. Is it worth buying the pro versions of those to get full hub integration? Or is there a better way to get hub integration? Or should I just use the official facebook/facebook lite apk’s.

4)As I am still running 10.3.2 there is an option for me to add a facebook account in the settings. However when I tried to do that I get the error: “Your login information for account(…) has changed or is incorrect. Update your login information and try again.”. I then update the app in BBWorld and now it’s just the weblink. I have read some people are able to get the native app working even on 10.3.3; if that’s possible it would be sweet! I am using 2-step verification for facebook. Could that be the problem? Should I do a security swipe and try again? Or is the official native app shut down for everyone?

5)Finally, what are the benefits of using Cobalt over Snap over just downloading apk’s from apkmirror?

I am sorry for the long post and thank you very much in advance!
    05-17-17 01:32 PM
    I can answer some of your questions

Yes two steps verification is maybe the problem for login

For Android apk
    You can use any way you like
    But you must know some app needs google playe service and cobalt is a good way for them

If you updated to 10.3.3 you cant use snap store
    But 10.3.3 all is better than 10.3.2 except browser

If u dont get update notification
    You can use autoloader

Its better you asked problems in
    Q2A side

Posted via CB11
    05-18-17 08:08 AM
    there are non-qwerty passports?

Posted via CBX
    05-18-17 09:44 PM
    there are non-qwerty passports?

Posted via CBX
    He meant QWERTY keyboard. He's not used to the AZERTY keyboard layout that his Passport has.
    05-18-17 10:18 PM
    Thank you very much for the help! Indeed the 2-step verification was the problem for facebook login. However the native app doesn't work, it tells me that I need to update it. Well at least I managed to sync my contacts.

Yes, I was referring to the AZERTY keyboard of my passport. It should be very easy software fix but I cannot figure it out! It can be quite annoying eg when in calendar app I have to press the hard key 'A' for the agenda view.

Posted via CB10
    05-20-17 05:51 PM
    Thank you very much for the help! Indeed the 2-step verification was the problem for facebook login. However the native app doesn't work, it tells me that I need to update it. Well at least I managed to sync my contacts.

Yes, I was referring to the AZERTY keyboard of my passport. It should be very easy software fix but I cannot figure it out! It can be quite annoying eg when in calendar app I have to press the hard key 'A' for the agenda view.

Posted via CB10
    You can replace the keyboard from ebay for $20-$25.

Posted via CB10
    05-21-17 08:51 AM
    I would run the autoloader and get yourself on the latest 10.3.3. Make sure you go ahead and set up Cobalts Play Store as well.

Forget about Nemory's messenger app. It's a pile of crap.

Instead, download Disa Messenger from the Play Store. It works excellent for FB Messenger and has great hub integration for notifications.

Posted via CB10
    05-21-17 09:26 AM
    You can replace the keyboard from ebay for $20-$25.

Posted via CB10
    I guess this is an option. But it won't make the phone a pure QWERTY right? eg the expanded virtual keyboard would still show AZERTY right?

I would run the autoloader and get yourself on the latest 10.3.3. Make sure you go ahead and set up Cobalts Play Store as well.

Forget about Nemory's messenger app. It's a pile of crap.

Instead, download Disa Messenger from the Play Store. It works excellent for FB Messenger and has great hub integration for notifications.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for the suggestion I haven't heard of Disa before, I'll give it a try.
    I am worried about the possible battery drain when installing Cobalt. Up to now I've been fine with just downloading apk's from apkmirror.
    As for 10.3.3, will I be able to sync my fb contacts? From what I've read I would no longer be able to add a Facebook account in the settings.

Posted via CB10
    05-21-17 12:36 PM
    I am worried about the possible battery drain when installing Cobalt.
    The cure for the fear of the unknown is discovery.
    05-21-17 07:50 PM
    Okay so something weird happened today.

The phone started behaving sort of a QWERTY just for a while. What I mean is that the keyboard shortcuts switched on their own for a bit and then back again to how it used to be.
    Example: Q toggles notification and A launches contacts app. Then for a while these two switched so A toggled notifications and Q lauched contacts (like a QWERTY keyboard would work). Then after a bit they switched back again.

Does anyone have any idea what is going on?

Posted via CB10
    06-02-17 11:39 AM
    you might be losing your marbles.

Posted via CBX
    06-02-17 02:16 PM
    Does anyone have any idea what is going on?

Posted via CB10
    Gremlins.

Posted via CB10 / AT&T /Z10 STL100-3 /10.3.3.2205
    06-02-17 04:16 PM