I installed the Google Keyboard to supplement my Instagram use and I gotta say, the Swype style "gesture typing" is a great alternative when one finger typing. It's sort of addicting. Starting to enjoy commenting on Instagram photos, the previous workarounds were a pain.

Hoping BB can implement a swiping alternative as I understand the keyboard is based on SwiftKey, so hopefully it shouldn't be a biggie to bring over.
    08-08-13 10:45 AM
    Probably a copyright issue will be involved
    Not fully sure
    08-08-13 10:47 AM
    Probably a copyright issue will be involved
    Not fully sure
    If they're already licensing some SwiftKey software, I'm sure they can get their swiping tech over as well.
    08-08-13 11:22 AM
    It's the ONLY way I was able to change over from a physical keyboard. Swiping is great. One handed input.
    glennster28 likes this.
    08-08-13 11:25 AM
    Totally agree, swyping actually makes "typing" fun. It's like finger-painting words, lol.

Seeing as how BB10 is all about gestures and sliding panes around, I always thought it was inconsistent to then have to actually TAP on it's keyboard
    Tre Lawrence likes this.
    08-08-13 11:33 AM
    Totally agree, swyping actually makes "typing" fun. It's like finger-painting words, lol.

Seeing as how BB10 is all about gestures and sliding panes around, I always thought it was inconsistent to then have to actually TAP on it's keyboard
    Interesting point. A gesture keyboard would be the cherry on top of the gesture-based navigation that BB10 provides.
    08-08-13 11:38 AM
    Am I the only one who dislikes Swype? Everyone seems crazy about it. Not criticizing anyone just surprised at how many people like it. Lol

Posted via CB 10 on my naked Z10
    08-08-13 01:13 PM
    Am I the only one who dislikes Swype? Everyone seems crazy about it. Not criticizing anyone just surprised at how many people like it. Lol
    I can't get used to Swype myself--maybe my fingers are too big, it seems I can't see half the keyboard at any one time, and I don't like blindly flailing from one side of the keyboard to another.

Give me MessagEase any day!
    08-08-13 01:17 PM

It's the lazy man's version of the BB10 flicking. It's particularly useful when thumbing around with one finger, and its surprisingly good at figuring out what you're trying to say even if you're not accurate at all.
    08-08-13 02:10 PM
    It's the lazy man's version of the BB10 flicking. It's particularly useful when thumbing around with one finger, and its surprisingly good at figuring out what you're trying to say even if you're not accurate at all.
    Agreed, it doesn't make mistakes often for me... it does seem to be very accurate at getting the words right even if you don't swipe the word out that accurately I'm actually really liking it. I'd very much like an option like this on BlackBerry, it would be a great alternative!

Posted via CB10
    glennster28 likes this.
    08-08-13 05:59 PM

You're not the only one. I've got it on my Nexus 4 - tried it a few times, but I got fed up and proceeded to type normally. To each their own I suppose.
    08-08-13 06:00 PM
    You're not the only one. I've got it on my Nexus 4 - tried it a few times, but I got fed up and proceeded to type normally. To each their own I suppose.
    That's why options are great!
    08-09-13 02:42 PM