I have copied my collection of over 6000 songs (in aac format) to my blackberry passport.

My concern lies with tracks from 'various artists' albums. I have set the artist tag to be the track artist and the album artist tag to be 'various artists' which works well in other media players. On my BB Passport, when I search for tracks, it shows the artist as 'various artists' rather than the track artist.

Any suggestions?
    12-01-14 10:24 AM
    When you say you have set the tag, have you used an mp3 tagger to change the song's tagging info? I think maybe the Passport is using what is coded in the song...If you have changed it then the Passport is using a different field for it's sorting obviously.
    12-01-14 10:32 AM
    I think that when you enter "Various Artists" in the ALBUM ARTIST field on whatever music file tag editing software, the Passport (and most probably every BlackBerry 10 devices, because my classical music collection on my Z10's SD card are tagged the same as yours - "Various Artists" on ALBUM ARTIST field and the actual performer(s) on ARTIST field) automatically sorts them out as "Various Artists". I tried searching for the track artists and couldn't find them, but they would appear on the Now Playing view when the track is played. Not a deal breaker for me but this could be a good addition.
    12-01-14 10:38 AM
    I think that when you enter "Various Artists" in the ALBUM ARTIST field on whatever music file tag editing software, the Passport (and most probably every BlackBerry 10 devices, because my classical music collection on my Z10's SD card are tagged the same as yours - "Various Artists" on ALBUM ARTIST field and the actual performer(s) on ARTIST field) automatically sorts them out as "Various Artists". I tried searching for the track artists and couldn't find them, but they would appear on the Now Playing view when the track is played. Not a deal breaker for me but this could be a good addition.
    That's exactly the problem I am having, Blackberry Music must be using the Album Artist tag rather than the Artist tag which is wrong! I hope they resolve this.
    12-02-14 10:51 AM
    That's exactly the problem I am having, Blackberry Music must be using the Album Artist tag rather than the Artist tag which is wrong! I hope they resolve this.
    It's not wrong, in my opinion, rather a missing functionality. Displaying "Various Artists" on the ARTIST tab is all right as long as we have an option to search for the entries on the ARTIST field. They should add this feature.
    12-02-14 12:55 PM