Regarding "which manufacturer has ever done so?" - history is LITTERED with corporations that had to dis-continue lines or brands in order to stay alive. As an example, try to purchase an MG automobile, or wander into your friendly GM dealer and try to buy a new Pontiac. They DO NOT EXIST ANY MORE.

Unfortunately, trying to keep BB10 alive with a 0.2% market share is just not feasible - as evidenced by 3rd party apps like Whatsapp dropping support.

So, even if every BB10 user were paying a monthly fee to keep BB10 development active, IT'S THE OUTSIDE APP DEVELOPERS THAT ARE REALLY NEEDED - how do we interest those people again?
    WhatsApp keeps supporting Windows Mobile 10 despite the marketshare dropping every month and right now being at 1.0% So it has nothing to do with marketshare. In fact, the main dev of the BB10 version of WA has said here on the forums that it has to do with BlackBerry not opening up some API's to 3rd parties which WA needs in the near future.

Posted via CB10 using my amazing BlackBerry Passport (OG Red)
    08-29-16 04:34 PM
    What about Santa Claus or the Easter Bunny?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    They are not speaking to me, so I cannot get a commitment from either of them.
    BergerKing likes this.
    08-29-16 07:09 PM
    It's a crazy world and people vote with their bank accounts. Or pocket change. When you have a choice of really good but poorly supported, or pretty good, supported heavily, and free, well, you probably ought to prepare for footprints up your back as the crowd flocks the other way.

BlackBerry has not been receptive to input about BB10, ad suggestions, open letters, tinfoil headwear, crop circles, or sightings of the Loch Ness monster giving Bigfoot a lift in a VW van perched on a giant flying Z30.

They're about as likely to turn back to BB10 as I am to start pitching against the Mariners tomorrow night. BB went Android,it just took a little longer for them than many others.
    08-30-16 12:16 AM
    Given their record, you would probably pitch a no-hitter.
    08-30-16 12:45 AM
    I heard they both switched to iPhone last year.
    Funniest comment I've seen in ages...

Posted via CB10
    08-30-16 01:12 AM
    Actually, I believe he went on a Pok�mon safari somewhere in Bulgaria...
    Oh no, more child slavery!

Blackberry Poptart SE - Cricket Wireless
    BergerKing likes this.
    08-30-16 05:40 AM
    They are not speaking to me, so I cannot get a commitment from either of them.

BB10 monthly fee?-linuspumpkinpatch.png
    Bad girl! Did you say "if"?

08-30-16 05:43 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LinusPumpkinPatch.png 
Views:	181 
Size:	371.2 KB 
ID:	407448
    Bad girl! Did you say "if"?

No, its like Peyton Place here, and people spread false rumors.
    anon(3732391) likes this.
    08-30-16 01:12 PM
    I heard they both switched to iPhone last year.
    It's been our experience that it's best to leave politics out of these threads.Children may get the idea that Santa Claus and the Wabbit are grown ups!
    It took a long time to get people to except these two great Toons , while completely removing any mention of JC and of what has come to represent the general IQ of this great trans American
    Coast to coast strip mall once know as the US of A.

To understand " along time,' Imagine, if you can, booting up your mobile device and waiting an entire 5 minutes to for it to complete it's boot.
    That's a long time. and we wouldn't want to have to start all over again convincing everyone the true meaning of these two holidays.

There's always someone who will try to make you believe that Santa and the Wabbit aren't real and we just don't need that especially in an election year when we have a real clown to worry about

08-31-16 10:49 PM
    No, its like Peyton Place here, and people spread false rumors.
    This just in.... the original spread of this false rumor is now being said to have been be falsely rumored!
    08-31-16 10:53 PM
    Sign me up!

Posted via CB10
    09-02-16 07:30 AM
36 12